NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NECA pac rim series 2 revealed....
https://www.figures.com/forums/news/34022-necas-pacific-rim-series-2-lineup-revealed.html
"Pacific Rim Series 2 will consist of the Australian Jaeger Striker Eureka, the USA's Gipsy Danger - this time Battle Damaged and packing wrist chainblades, and a new Kaiju for them to battle: the ape-like Leatherback. I saw a painted prototype of this beast during my tour and I must say it's massive - plenty of bang for your buck. Stay tuned for our San Diego Comic-Con coverage for a full reveal of this series."-JeffSaylor/figures.com

very happy bout a new ver of gipsy with the chainswords :cool: suuuure another jaeger or kaiju would have been great but cmon we need those chanswords for gipsy and no way neca would drop a accessory pack so...

I doubt they'll do just two series, there's to much content to just do 6 figures. It seems like they want to get out the figures that were part of the heavy marketing first and then I suppose they'll see how the movie and toy line do, if they sell well, I'm sure we'll see more figures made.

I hope the series does well. Really lookin forward to the 18" Gipsy! :D

I got Gipsy Danger yesterday, he looks awesome. My only complaint is the lack of posability, Gipsy and Knifehead are borderline statues. I know I said I wanted more accuracy over posability but they didn't need to do much to give us more posable figures, ball joints on knifehead and a few cuts on the arms of Gipsy would have went a long way, plus a bit more range of motion in the elbows.

Still really awesome looking figures though.

I keep seeing Gypsy Danger sold out but the other two aplenty a tour shops. Is this marketing informing people/kids who to buy or is he really that better of a mech design? I love both and the beast is great - hopefully a couple of weekends from now parents and kids will be storming the isles in search of these great figures! I'm hoping Del Toro has a smash success for NECA to exploit!

I keep seeing Gypsy Danger sold out but the other two aplenty a tour shops. Is this marketing informing people/kids who to buy or is he really that better of a mech design? I love both and the beast is great - hopefully a couple of weekends from now parents and kids will be storming the isles in search of these great figures! I'm hoping Del Toro has a smash success for NECA to exploit!

Gipsy is just way more practical and there seems to be a shortage on him, there's way more of the other two I've seen. I actually think Crimson Typhoon is cooler, not to mention alot bigger. Also, if you're at Toys r us, check the video game section, the toys r us by me has a isle in the video game section for collectibles and for some reason they placed the pacific rim stuff over there, not with the other Neca figures they have in the regular section, weird if you ask me.

Having some fun with mine...

pacrim.jpg

-Zoid

I just got back... this movie blew my mind. Crazy chaotic fantastic destructive nostalgic goodness. This is the new definition of popcorn movie for me.

While I didn't love the movie (my full review is in the movie forum) I still really liked the bots. Definitely want all of Series 2, and there are some other Jaegers I really hope we get.

I'm calling it... we will see Pacific Rim figures from Hot Toys at Comic-Con next week. Mark my words.

I always figured this would be more up 3As alley.
Maybe hot toys could do the pilot suits?
In any event i hope one of the japanese companies pick this up, figure arts would be my first choice based on the amazing work they've done on godzilla and king kong.

I just came back from the theather and I freakin' loved it. For me it's up there with Jurassic Park, Terminator 2 and Star Wars based on the sheer entertainment value alone.

Goddamn it was fantastic.

I'm not feeling the toys though. They look too... toy-ish. I'd like something a little higher end. The paint on them doesn't really look good, it's not metallic at all.

It's beyond me of why there wasn't a Japanese jaeger.....
Steal the idea, and don't even pay homage to where it all originated....

The Japanese Jaeger was supposed to be Coyote Tango, but in the film it appeared for all of 30 seconds in a flashback and was piloted by the black british guy.

Back