NECA Friday the 13th Part VI Jason Lives! Ultimate Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
d7f0f0f3e032d29849ac6c04619d91cb.jpg
d280002413432e4fa2010f2b1552acd3.jpg

Got the reissue in today. Never had any other Jason’s to compare him to but man is he fun to play with. Can’t wait for that upcoming diorama set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the reissue in today. Never had any other Jason’s to compare him to but man is he fun to play with. Can’t wait for that upcoming diorama set!

Thanks for the pictures man. I think they refined the paint job a little bit. They added a little wear to the mask, some extra dry brushing on the pants and made the whole thing look wet, which is appropriate. I will definitely consider buying this version.

That's bizarre. That shiny look is almost gone on these shots. And what I thought it'd be an updated paint, ain't so obvious anymore. Your editing/lighting really fooled me. I wish Neca gave us the head and mask from the mego-style figure, which was significantly better in my opinion.

NECA-Part-6-Ultimate-Jason-056.jpg

NECA-Part-6-Ultimate-Jason-055.jpg

Judging from that comparison, the retro style figures headsculpt looks exactly like the reissue. If that’s the original release on the left, then yes they definitely updated the paint apps on the reissue. It does indeed have a gloss coat on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else who has both the original release and reissue that the reissue one is a tad shorter? Looks like they fixed the loose joint issue with the legs but looks like whatever they did, made it shorter. Overall, very happy with the reissue.

Anyone else who has both the original release and reissue that the reissue one is a tad shorter? Looks like they fixed the loose joint issue with the legs but looks like whatever they did, made it shorter. Overall, very happy with the reissue.

I'm actually glad they did that. The original was taller than part 3 and 4, so now they're even.

Will receive my part VI in a few weeks, also picked the diorama to make his underwater tomb (this will come in Q1 2018). Pretty excited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lH47YecHtE&t=1s

So it's confirmed - they certainly improved this figure, which raised my concern regarding the other two ultimate Jasons. Will they change their original appearance too? Part 4 didn't leave much room for improvement, but when it comes to Part 3, situation changes. I'm thinking of the neck color issue and the flimsy legs (or their bluish tone). I don't fancy the idea of buying same figures all over again. This became a habit recently for Neca and I'm not sure I like it.

Ultimate Jason Lives by scarrviper, on Flickr

Found the rerelease today locally. I never had the original release, so I can't directly compare them, but I do think this release is an improvement. I think the paint looks better and the joints are all nice and tight like they should be, especially the hips. My ultimate part 3 had extremely loose hips right out of the box, so I have an idea of how the older release might have been. The joints all move smoothly too, I only had to heat up one elbow that felt stuck. I had no issue with swapping his hand, the wrist peg stays in the arm like it should. I remember the peg popping out was a complaint some people had with the original.
The only other thing to mention is that it was tough getting his machete into the sheath, it got stuck about a quarter of the way in so I had to heat that up with a hairdryer as well so it would slide in all the way. The fencepost is also a tight fit for his hands, might have heat those as well.

Overall I'm very happy, I'll probably do only a couple tweaks to him, he's a great figure right out of the box. My only nitpick is that I think the shape of the mask seems wrong, but it's not terrible.

One last note, from what I can tell, the easiest way to tell the rerelease from the original is the masks. The new one has a very glossy finish, the old one is matte.

A couple other things I've noticed about the rerelease. His head is easily removable. I assume this is to allow for the accessory pack chain to go around his neck. Also, his head had a very sticky paint residue on it which I was able to wipe off with goo gone. I think it was a was wash of glossy brown which never properly dried.

A couple other things I've noticed about the rerelease. His head is easily removable. I assume this is to allow for the accessory pack chain to go around his neck. Also, his head had a very sticky paint residue on it which I was able to wipe off with goo gone. I think it was a was wash of glossy brown which never properly dried.

Thanks for the warning. I just remembered the nightmare called Kane. I don't want this again.

And I bump this baby! I don't see any thread for the Accessory Set and so I guess it makes sense to come here. I'm just curious, what do people think of the rock/chain accessory? Do you think it's fragile? Are you worried about the pole breaking off?

I couldn't get the two bits to go in fully - they barely went in halfway. And I'm feeling like maybe I'm gonna see the pole snap somewhere at some future date... It's like, it just doesn't seem like a great way to hold a figure up in the air. I look at it and I feel like something's going to go wrong but I don't what... What are other people thinking?

And I bump this baby! I don't see any thread for the Accessory Set and so I guess it makes sense to come here. I'm just curious, what do people think of the rock/chain accessory? Do you think it's fragile? Are you worried about the pole breaking off?

I couldn't get the two bits to go in fully - they barely went in halfway. And I'm feeling like maybe I'm gonna see the pole snap somewhere at some future date... It's like, it just doesn't seem like a great way to hold a figure up in the air. I look at it and I feel like something's going to go wrong but I don't what... What are other people thinking?

I think it's amazing. Use hot water when connecting the lamp post or those two poles. For rock part, I used part 3 instead of 6. It has more room around the neck for the chain and also a larger shirt, so no fear of breakage.

The hot water trick worked, thanks. I got it to fully pop in.

Overall, I really like the whole set too. Right now it's all just sitting on my desk, don't know where I'll display it all yet, but it's real nice. It's the first accessory set like this I've ever bought and it's add a nice new dimension to everything. It's like I got a playset here now.

Was a reason ever given as to why Jason wears a utility belt in this? I remember seeing part VI years and years ago, but don't remember and always found it odd.

There's a group of people playing paintball in the woods. One of them is wearing the utility belt. Jason kills him and takes the belt.

Back