Action Figure NECA: Friday the 13th Ultimate Part 2 Jason

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked him up today locally. Really impressed overall.

There are few things I'm not so fond of: the head-sculpts are really dated. No improvements over the old heads. The fire piece has no life in it. It's way too dull. The pitchfork is too small and the hand-sculpts are a bit sloppy. A bit disappointing tbh.

There are few things I'm not so fond of: the head-sculpts are really dated. No improvements over the old heads. The fire piece has no life in it. It's way too dull. The pitchfork is too small and the hand-sculpts are a bit sloppy. A bit disappointing tbh.

Thank for the honest appraisal. I've been on the fence with this one...

Where did you find him? I live in the sticks (AKA BFE) but am going to a metro area for a while tomorrow and would love to find him in stores so I can cancel the PO I had with BBTS since the day he went up and still haven't gotten.....

I picked him up at a locally owned toys and collectables store.

The heads are passable, I did hope back when they teased this figure that the unmasked head would be new, but unfortunately no. The likeness is there, but I never really liked how they did the hair. The paintjob is really weird and messy. I do plan on repainting the head, I took the whole head apart in order to do it justice. The sack head I think is still good, though I was not happy with how plain the eye looked, plus I've never been too fond of painted on catchlight on figure eyes. So I did touch up the eye and added some gloss varnish over it so now it looks much more realistic. I also painted over the string, mine had some areas where excess glue had seeped out onto it.

As for the accessories, I think overall they are solid. The worst one is the severed Pamela head. The reused sculpt is fine, but the paintjob is awful. The paint on the hair is so caked on that the depth and detail in the sculpt is all lost. It just looks really bad. I'm in the process of trying to remove as much paint from it as possible so I can repaint it in full. I actually really like the campfire, I'm glad we got it. I did add some extra dry-brushing to the rocks on mine, but it does look fairly realistic out of the box. The weapons overall are good. I love the new machete and kitchen knife. The pickaxe might be new, I'm not sure. It looks sharper than the old one, but I don't have it to compare in hand. The pitchfork might be too small, it does seem a bit too skinny, I have to check the move again. It looks good for what it is, but it might be too small. I think the hands work alright, at least they can hold the weapons properly, and I like the range of the wrist articulation. I do wish he came with an extra pair in more relaxed or grasping poses, like he often did in the movie. That's one thing that has been lacking with these ultimate Jasons. I did end up removing the blood from the right hand, it was just too dark compared to the blood on the weapons and it didn't look right to me.

Anyone know why BBTS has been behind on this and the Pennywise Ultimate figures?

I don't think anyone has inside info regarding shipping container ETA's. If I were to guess, it's that NECA reserved the initial shipment for themselves to sell and other online distributors (EE & BBTS) are probably in a secondary shipment either arriving later or still processing in customs.

Got mine this past Thursday. I love it. Possibly my favorite Ultimate so far. It's nice to finally have a pt2 with good articulation.

I actually was kind of wound up because the left hip would not move. The right leg was fine but the left, wasn't going anywhere. I tried heating it, nothing. I began to take it apart. If anyone took apart the video-game Keaton Batman figure, its got the same style hips. So basically, heat it, and you can pull the right leg out of the hole in the left. But, I think that you don't need to do that. I recommend just heating it and then pull the legs in reverse directions. If you pull the left leg forward, pull the right leg backwards. I'm kind of intrigued by this figure because it doesn't have tons of hard plastic and much of it is more like a really hard rubber.....

Mine actually had the same issue, the left hip would not move at all when I first got it out of the box. I used a hair dryer and got it to move, but it was very stiff. After it cooled down later it started to move just fine.

Saw this along with the Ultimate Jason’s from Parts 3, 4, and 6 at Target already today. They also had Chucky, Freddy from Nightmare 1 and 2, and a Godzilla figure. All were like $28 though. It’d be nice to see some sales from Target eventually. Still nice that they’re committed to putting out a good range of NECA figures though.

Saw this along with the Ultimate Jason’s from Parts 3, 4, and 6 at Target already today. They also had Chucky, Freddy from Nightmare 1 and 2, and a Godzilla figure. All were like $28 though. It’d be nice to see some sales from Target eventually. Still nice that they’re committed to putting out a good range of NECA figures though.

The prices have started creeping up finally. Can't say I didn't see it coming. They've really been among the top of the top in terms of price. Forever they stayed at $20. Then they moved to $25 for the ultimates which is way fair considering the overall product in terms of packaging, figure and accessories. I still don't feel like $28 is too much. It only seems fair to me. Plus, Target are going to want to take their cut which adds a little more on the cost.

The prices have started creeping up finally. Can't say I didn't see it coming. They've really been among the top of the top in terms of price. Forever they stayed at $20. Then they moved to $25 for the ultimates which is way fair considering the overall product in terms of packaging, figure and accessories. I still don't feel like $28 is too much. It only seems fair to me. Plus, Target are going to want to take their cut which adds a little more on the cost.
Yeah, I wound up picking up Nightmare 1 Freddy yesterday. Wanting to support NECA at Target in hopes that they’ll stock my section well. I don’t want it to turn into something that’s clearanced out and dropped. I would have picked up the Jason figures too but I just paid them off through BBTS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received mine today. I'm not sure I really like it. I bought it just to complete the line, not because I was eager to have it, but I'm thinking when I've played with it some more, got it posed on the shelf, maybe I'll grow to like it. But anyhow, here it is alongside the old figure and base if anyone wanted to see such things.

IMG_20180815_131532.jpgIMG_20180815_132835.jpgIMG_20180815_133131.jpgIMG_20180815_133329.jpgIMG_20180815_133433.jpgIMG_20180815_133805.jpg

I received mine today. I'm not sure I really like it. I bought it just to complete the line, not because I was eager to have it, but I'm thinking when I've played with it some more, got it posed on the shelf, maybe I'll grow to like it. But anyhow, here it is alongside the old figure and base if anyone wanted to see such things.

View attachment 422973View attachment 422974View attachment 422975View attachment 422976View attachment 422977View attachment 422978

The new one definitely looks much improved. Good shots!

Thanks for the comparative shots. It's always nice to see the evolution of a figure. There is an improvement but nothing like night and day. Some things I actually like more on the older one, like the sack head and the weathering on the overalls. The new one looks wet somehow. I do prefer the darker shirt color of the ultimate, although is identical with the one we've seen on E.T. figure (I wouldn't display them side by side).

Thanks for the comparative shots. It's always nice to see the evolution of a figure. There is an improvement but nothing like night and day. Some things I actually like more on the older one, like the sack head and the weathering on the overalls. The new one looks wet somehow. I do prefer the darker shirt color of the ultimate, although is identical with the one we've seen on E.T. figure (I wouldn't display them side by side).

I like the more yellowed look of the sack head. The overalls could be a bit lighter and have some more "faded" spots look like the old one. I'm a huge F13 nerd so anything like this is an upgrade for me. I don't use the extra articulation but slightly. However, I like having the option of different poses more than the statue figures.

Back