NECA - ED-209

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woooo hoo!! I spoke too soon....Amazon Japan's preorder just went live with the very reasonable price of 6947 yen!! And it'll be delivered right to my door...damn the internet age really is wonderful isn't it?

Release date of October 25th here in Japan. Don't know if that will be sooner or later than the US. Right around my birthday though, which is interesting cause I got the Figma RoboCop on my birthday two years ago. Broke up with my girlfriend the same day. That sucked. Still single now. So I guess when ED 209 arrives history will not have a chance to repeat itself....

Oh man, what am I rambling about?

Anyway, here's the amazon japan page:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/ロボコップ-ED-2...ie=UTF8&qid=1371039601&sr=8-1&keywords=ed+209

So is NECA bluffing when they say a strictly limited, one-time production run? I don't blame them for doing what they must to guarantee sales but I was really hoping we would see a "Battle Damaged" version of ED209 and a "Kenner colors" version of ED260.

Hell, how about an exclusive version that packs in Docter McNamara's roll-away control console from the boardroom massacre? You listening NECA?

Anyone think that NECA's ED209 will pave the way for a Cain/Robocop 2? He's another one I could see 2 to 3 versions of.

And if Hot Toys can get Wellers likeness, is NECA pursuing it?

No, because Randy abhors Robocop 2.

Ah but they're doing AvP now and they all seem to despise that one according to Randy's tweets.

I personally don't get the hate for Robocop 2. I always liked the movie and RoboCain is a badass robot if I've ever seen one. :D

I am really looking forward to this figure. Just a beast of a design.

I would maybe buy a Robo-Cain figure if they made one. I actually watched part 2 the other night again for the first time probably since I saw it in the theatre. I enjoyed it and didn't hate it as much as I remember.

I was really hoping we would see a "Battle Damaged" version of ED209 and a "Kenner colors" version of ED260.
Hell, how about an exclusive version that packs in Docter McNamara's roll-away control console from the boardroom massacre? You listening

Not without a rise of the prise IMHO. It's already a nice deal to get ED209 from Neca with a little prise compare to HT.

No, because Randy abhors Robocop 2.

Randy sux :lol

Ah but they're doing AvP now and they all seem to despise that one according to Randy's tweets.

I personally don't get the hate for Robocop 2. I always liked the movie and RoboCain is a badass robot if I've ever seen one. :D

Amen to this, Robocop 2 may not be the best movie, it's still a load of fun.
Robocain is my all time favourite and I would gladly collect all variations, something I won't do for any other character...except alien, predator lol

Not sure if this has been covered already or not but will Toys R Us be carrying ED-209 in-stores or online?
Thanks for any replies.

Yeah, because the $209.99 Hasbro Millenium Falcon isn't a larger. more expensive item..

But that's also Star Wars. A property that kids and adults eat up like crack.

RoboCop is not one of those properties.

Pre-order it at BBTS. Its $10 off the retail price and you avoid MSRP and tax at TRU.

Back