NECA Back to the Future

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a hint on the twitter page that Jennifer could be made. Someone posed a question in the form of a GIF of Jennifer (Shue version) asking ''how about a ride'' and Randy's response was ''I couldn't say no to her, could you?''

Picked up Doc today. Had a gift card to Walmart that I was able to use to cover the cost.

Still have some left over so I might grab more (I only have Marty in his radiation suit and now Doc).

There was a hint on the twitter page that Jennifer could be made. Someone posed a question in the form of a GIF of Jennifer (Shue version) asking ''how about a ride'' and Randy's response was ''I couldn't say no to her, could you?''

Thanks; hadn't heard that.
Wonder how she would sell? I would get her-i?m apparently in for the whole line. I promised myself one Marty and one Doc. Now I have everything they?ve made. Wearing nostalgia goggles I guess. :lol

I reluctantly think I?m going to get the figures I?m missing. While it is a dream line for me it has issues. None of the Marty head sculpts look particularly good. Biff looks good, but I still feel is over scaled. Doc is the best of the bunch.

Last edited:
I finally opened the Audition Marty and I'm annoyed there only 2 right hands. The clear one and the guitar pick one. No normal right hand included, just a weird decision.

Grabbed Biff today from Target. Funny enough the one that I can’t find locally is the normal Marty. I’ll probably have to get him from Amazon. I’ll probably get the audition and 2015 versions soon to be up to date with the line.

Ultimate Doc Brown 2015 - coming in June

Ew3Tp4bXMAYm5CH

Ew3Tp4cWgAQj-V-

Ew3Tp4hWgAMdqtw

More good news from twitter, looks like Einstein will be coming - which probably means that the much requested 1985 Doc is coming. Also, they're encouraged by the response to the line so far and are aiming to keep the line going in 2022 - that was in answer to a question about Part III figures.

Also remember we have Griff and possibly Jennifer being made.

Last edited:
Oh you're right, it's a new expression. That's fantastic. :clap

From this proto, this may be my favorite of the three.

More good news from twitter, looks like Einstein will be coming - which probably means that the much requested 1985 Doc is coming. Also, they're encouraged by the response to the line so far and are aiming to keep the line going in 2022 - that was in answer to a question about Part III figures.

I'm surprised they didn't anticipate this being a good line, like I assumed 2022 was easily happening. Maybe the actor licensing was hampering them a bit. I'd buy a Jennifer, well I'd literally buy anyone but I'm wondering if they'll try to get Lorraine or something. Even without George I'd still grab whatever.

Thats exciting about Einstein.

Hopefully we will see a time machine to go with these. Neca has a diecast version but I dont think its the same scale as these figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it saves NECA money, but it would have been nice if the sculpted hair on Pt. II Doc was a bit longer/straighter. They just reused the 50s Doc hairstyle that has a noticeable gap on the sides and back to accommodate the strap for the goggles (which isn't necessary for this release).

Would have loved if they included this expression:

main-qimg-37c23b31d146538aac8d662559505a82-c

I know it saves NECA money, but it would have been nice if the sculpted hair on Pt. II Doc was a bit longer/straighter. They just reused the 50s Doc hairstyle that has a noticeable gap on the sides and back to accommodate the strap for the goggles (which isn't necessary for this release).

Would have loved if they included this expression:

main-qimg-37c23b31d146538aac8d662559505a82-c

It is necessary for the sunglasses, but I agree about the hair.

It is necessary for the sunglasses
Probably not necessary if the sunglasses aren't removable and are glued on to a duplicate of the same exact head sculpt (like the Terminator: Dark Fate figures). It appears that's what they're going with instead of an alternate head with a different expression.

If the hair was re-sculpted to look more accurate to Pt. II, they could lose the gap and just put two tiny holes in the hair above each ear to peg/glue in the sunglasses (like they did for the Marty McFly Ultimate).

They may have not adjusted the hair also to let collectors swap heads between figures. Just because these are sold with 2015 Doc doesn?t mean you can?t use them on ?55 Doc or any other Docs that come.

Granted, you could do that with more accurate hair and make the same argument, but they already did the ?55 hair so why not stick with it.

Back