NECA: AMC's Preacher

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate Neca' s double standard. Constantly telling customers that 'human figures don't sell' then bringing out an entire line of boring looking humans - it's been like getting blood from a stone getting colonial marines out of them, and don't get me started on their absolute refusal to do Chuck Heston for the apes line..... I expect these to tank. It's a decent show, but I don't think it's got anywhere near the fan base to support a figure line.

P3.jpg

P4.jpg

P2.jpg

P5.jpg

Those look excellent. Although, as Oxnard said...'boring' humans. Are those really gonna sell better than Colonial Marines from Aliens, Nostromo crew, T2 John Connor, T1 Sarah, an Ultimate 1984 Kyle Reese, 2029 Kyle Reese, Harrigan from Predator 2, Clarence Boddicker from Robocop?

I hate Neca' s double standard. Constantly telling customers that 'human figures don't sell' then bringing out an entire line of boring looking humans - it's been like getting blood from a stone getting colonial marines out of them, and don't get me started on their absolute refusal to do Chuck Heston for the apes line..... I expect these to tank. It's a decent show, but I don't think it's got anywhere near the fan base to support a figure line.

By getting the license, NECA may be hoping to get in on the ground floor of what may become a very popular show on AMC like The Walking Dead. Both shows are similar in nature, have comic book roots, etc.

If they made the comics version, I'd buy in 2 seconds. I've tried a couple of times to watch the first few episodes of the show, but I cannot get into it.

And of course, when these fail it'll just reinforce their 'humans dont sell' policy. They'll never admit its their poor choices.

The sculpts are excellent but I have no interest in these since I barely no anything about the show. Is it popular at all?

I do find the choice of the license odd since Randy has made clear in the past that figures from television shows don't tend to sell that well coming from his days at McFarlane - maybe this is a sign they want to transition to television licenses?

If they did a Breaking Bad line over those Mezco statues I would have been all over that in a heartbeat. :lecture

NECA are actually doing far better with humans than McFarlane ever did though. McFarlane made Hicks from Aliens. And that's it. I was unfair in my previous post.

I do still think it's strange that they refuse to make Harrigan from Predator 2, for example. Just recently Randy told someone to get to work on the custom because NECA will not be making him. I don't get the sense it's about Danny Glover refusing his likeness rights or something like that. They just don't think he'd sell. And that's where I have trouble - I can't exactly see these Preacher figures being a goldmine either but we're going to find out one way or another. So why not a main character from arguably their most popular movie license.

Last edited:
As far as i know, outside the us its just playing on amazon. Hardly a worldwide audience. Its an ok show but very, very slow burning. Theres no way its going to catch on like TWD. Like a dev says, there are many, many more deserving humans to be made.

They didn't want to do TWD figures because they were "boring" normal people in plain clothes. Yet they did Twilight and now they're making these. :lol

Those look excellent. Although, as Oxnard said...'boring' humans. Are those really gonna sell better than Colonial Marines from Aliens, Nostromo crew, T2 John Connor, T1 Sarah, an Ultimate 1984 Kyle Reese, 2029 Kyle Reese, Harrigan from Predator 2, Clarence Boddicker from Robocop?

Agreed. These are a head scratcher for sure.

Blast if I still bothered with that scale I'd be tempted by those. If these were 1/6 the kitbash potential of both HS's alone would be huge, let alone the fact that we're finally getting Preacher merch, but as it is - meh.

I loved the comic, love the show and quite frankly I am not sure if anybody else will release collectibles for this show. So I'm all over these. They look great and NECA is pretty solid when it comes to production.

p.s. I wouldn't buy a Danny Glover figure.

Back