NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks blade! We are all waiting for them. Don't worry about the inner jaw...i believe it is the same mechanism than with the big chap...(no mechanism at all, ypu have to take off manually)

Blade!! You are the same guy from the medicom alien video in youtube!! Hahaha! You have grown up a lot!! Nice to meet you:) i bought it for your nice review;) thanks for your nice job reviewing us these awesome pieces! From Spain GRACIAS:)

Great review blade o the 1/4 warrior. Definitely a huge improvement over the big chap fiasco. I may definitely Utley be picking him up and did any of you see the 1/4 prototype big chap on bbts? Looks pretty awesome and hopefully it improves over the standard big chap release. My A3 Ripley should be in this week sometime!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Some more shots of the mouth as requested.

15mh5qa.jpg

Some more shots of the mouth as requested.

15mh5qa.jpg

pffff. HT alien 2 looks much better. it's smooth, without all those dumb details, and looks like it came straight out of tsang's intestines, brown smears included. and this thing, overloaded with paint and sculpt details, just kills my eyes with its stupid accuracy!

HT looks better, their scuplting skill improves fast recently.
But of course, it's hottoys and totally not the same price range.

...I love her! She looks better than Aliens Ripley. Well, that wasn't a very difficult thing to achieve anyway

Sent from my Moto E

You think? Looks to me like A3 is simply tarted up a bit. More eyeliner, some red lipstick, but same head sculpt without the hair glued on.

I'm really on the fence for this A3 wave. I may just get two commandos and call it a day.

You think? Looks to me like A3 is simply tarted up a bit. More eyeliner, some red lipstick, but same head sculpt without the hair glued on.

I'm really on the fence for this A3 wave. I may just get two commandos and call it a day.

At least get one Ripley if you are in the fence about it. You never know with the main characters how rare they may be down the line and Alien 3 has gotten a lot better public reviews over the years so this wave may be more popular that some might think. I myself already ordered a full wave but may pick up another two of the WY commandos so I can use those bonus call sign stickers they have.

Thanks! Is the inner jaw the same of the big chap?

Still trying to pull it out to see. It looks like the inner jaw is open, not closed. As for whether the tongue is a new sculpt, I can't tell. I don't have the Big Chap to confirm any differences though.

...the warrior looks amazing. Hot Toys improved a lot over their prototype but still doesn't get as good as NECA's. Only problem is I don't have the space for this size of figures, and even if I had it, there won't be the variety we get with the 1:10 scale

Sent from my Moto E

The ideal size for this really would be 12-16". I imagine NECA would have better luck moving that scale as A) it's more common B) it's cheaper and C) it takes up less room.

Then again, they seem confident enough in the 1/4 Aliens' success to put out a concept version, which will likely warm pegs.

Then again, they seem confident enough in the 1/4 Aliens' success to put out a concept version, which will likely warm pegs.

Yeah, hard to wrap my head around that one and how it warrants a 1:4 scale release but I presume they've made their own assessment on its sales prospects and apparently aren't too worried. My thinking on it is that it's a gimmick that isn't going to look good at 1:4 scale, I think it'll look toyish and cheap (I can hear NECA's detractors shouting ''It's all toyish and cheap!!'') but even for my own standards, it's just not something I'd want to own.

Oh, time to go rewatch your review of the Warrior. I watched it the other night but I was quite drunk. :)

Received in my Alien 3 Ripley and I think she is fantastic. Uploading my review now and if you watch it don't mind me really out of it. It's been hectic on my end but here's a quick pic of her next to the Alien 1 Ripley. Definitely see the differences. Overall really awesome. Sculpting and paint is great and articulation is very good. Doesn't come with a whole lot and honestly the swap out arms for the sleeveless look I honestly was surprised I liked it more in hand then photos. Really awesome figure for the price. Highly recommend it.
uploadfromtaptalk1466455734291.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Back