NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13355417_1068425596557568_806011345_n_1.jpg
13402692_259945844366158_2135089021_n_1.jpg
13408866_286351971711689_1406923279_n_1.jpg
13402739_634086773412604_338232154_n_1.jpg

Whete can we see more pictures from the warrior? Just one person got it? Pleasee I need to see more of this figureee!lol

The pose I'm using:

1erioz.jpg

I'd love to have the legs spread apart with knees bent in a battle pose (which it can do), but while the hips are tightly ratcheted, the legs are so long that they still wobble. This makes them slide apart slightly in a wide stance and the ankles can't pivot enough for the feet to be planted firmly on the ground. Also, the figure is super heavy so I'm using as many anchor points as I can to support the weight. The tail is absolutely necessary if your stand isn't particularly tall or heavy.

I'm using a Kaiser stand for 18" dolls, which does the job, but if I want something more dynamic with the tail in the air, I might have to step up to a stand for 24" dolls. After all, this figure is closer to 22".

If you can get one in good shape and have a supportive-enough setup, it's very much worth the price.

this is WAY better detailed, painted and properly sculpted than HT.
and the mouth looks like it should, not smiling.

I know you prefer collecting 1/6, but...

giphy.gif

I already have the new Big Chap...do you have both. And if possible could you put up comparison photos. I think I'll stick with just the one. In terms of the joints, I'm not too worried myself. I've held it up with a stand as well. But for the money I'm saving I'm pretty happy with it and I'd be very happy with the warrior alien.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have the Big Chap. Have yet to order a replacement after my first defective order and a big part of that is due to the color scheme they went with. Don't know why it's brown as opposed to the silvery gray. I'd honestly rather have two Warriors, one blue and one yellow.

Last edited:
I'd love to have the legs spread apart with knees bent in a battle pose (which it can do), but while the hips are tightly ratcheted, the legs are so long that they still wobble. This makes them slide apart slightly in a wide stance and the ankles can't pivot enough for the feet to be planted firmly on the ground. Also, the figure is super heavy so I'm using as many anchor points as I can to support the weight. The tail is absolutely necessary if your stand isn't particularly tall or heavy.

I believe that same issue about the legs and weight are causing problems with my Big Chap.
Dem Legs.jpg
Take note, his legs are positioned straight or what SHOULD be straight.

Just a silly question but neca toys could have problems with the tendons in the hot toys figures? I mean if we pose it with the jails open...I really like the pose blade but please post more pictures:)we need them:))

Just a silly question but neca toys could have problems with the tendons in the hot toys figures? I mean if we pose it with the jails open...I really like the pose blade but please post more pictures:)we need them:))

Is the question whether NECA figures have tendon problems like HT figures? If so, it's unlikely. You could be unlucky and receive a figure with warped or bent tendons, but otherwise you should be fine. The hinge is not encased in rubber. The entire lower jaw (including the tendons) is a single sculpted piece, so there will be no stretching or tearing.

As for more photos... I just shot my video review (complete with additional images) and will edit it now. Hope to upload it by tonight. :)

Can't wait for it blade!!sorry for my english but it was exactely that:) i just want to pose my warrior with the jails open and leave it like this for ever:)))...again THAN YOU:)

I believe that same issue about the legs and weight are causing problems with my Big Chap.
View attachment 271127
Take note, his legs are positioned straight or what SHOULD be straight.

Damn, that is pretty bad...

If you're not using a stand, it's imperative that you choose the pose carefully and use the tail as an anchor to avoid stress on the lower legs.

Damn, that is pretty bad...

If you're not using a stand, it's imperative that you choose the pose carefully and use the tail as an anchor to avoid stress on the lower legs.

I was using a stand......

I have him in a crawling pose now.

Cheesus, that's scary then. I'm starting to worry about my choice of pose now. What kind of pose did you have yours in?

Last edited:
Cheesus, that's scary then. I'm starting to worry about my choice of pose now. What kind of pose did you have yours in?

Not that far different than how you posed your Warrior. With the same Kaiser stand too!

Not that far different than how you posed your Warrior. With the same Kaiser stand too!

Also:

Despite my exhaustion-fueled redundancies with words, I hope this sheds some light on the figure for those who are undecided. It really is an impressive piece. If you can, you know, pose it in such a way that it doesn't collapse on itself...

Despite my exhaustion-fueled redundancies with words, I hope this sheds some light on the figure for those who are undecided. It really is an impressive piece. If you can, you know, pose it in such a way that it doesn't collapse on itself...

Ok. Tried mimicking the pose of the Warrior and so far......works well. :)

New Pose.jpg

Back