NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lighting makes all the difference. Her head is smaller than '86 Ripley. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpegimage.jpeg

it's Konami.
their A1 burster, A3 burster and A1 hugger are a perfect fit for 1/6.

you can see them three next to 1/6 aliens on these two pics:

DSC06832.jpg

aliens_palisades-hottoys_03.jpg~original

and if you prefer original ox version for A3, their A3 chestburster fits Neca scale.

latest

attachment.php

otherwise (if you prefer the dog version) it doesn't, of course, because it's one size with a dog and wouldn't fit inside in that scale (next to Neca i mean)

132482.jpg

and was played by a dog before they made a puppet.

tumblr_nemxqlpWeg1r8z7b6o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
that photo is not mine, i don't have HT A3 figure. but from what i read, it definitely looks that way.

Last edited:
Does anybody know where I can find some cheap oil drums for my Neca Alien 3 display? Looking for a couple and would prefer a rusty colored version but if not I could always paint them. I'm not seeing anything on E bay that I like.

Does anybody know where I can find some cheap oil drums for my Neca Alien 3 display? Looking for a couple and would prefer a rusty colored version but if not I could always paint them. I'm not seeing anything on E bay that I like.

Here is one on eBay for a decent price. It is red so you would need to paint it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yeah-Racin...110800?hash=item2355c94b90:g:BYQAAOSwBahVMVc9

Yeah Racing makes a lot of cool 1:10 accessories mainly for garage dioramas. I have been looking at their stuff for a couple of my displays (1:10 shipping boxes, wooden pallets and crates, etc.)

Anyone picked up the Series 8 Dog Alien? Are there any differences compared to the Series 3 version? I was curious if the inner mouth is painted solid white/grey like the Alien Isolation Xenomorph or if it has a black wash on it like the Series 3 version.

Alright all here's my review on Ripley!

...thanks for the review. She looks beautiful. Can't see how people prefer Aliens Ripley over this (maybe it's because of the movie?). From the pics and your video I think she looks better even than Alien Jumpsuit Ripley which is so far my favorite out of the three previously released

...thanks for the review. She looks beautiful. Can't see how people prefer Aliens Ripley over this (maybe it's because of the movie?). From the pics and your video I think she looks better even than Alien Jumpsuit Ripley which is so far my favorite out of the three previously released

Probably because of the movie. I know I wasn't a fan of how the A 3 Ripley looked until Ryan's review showed how good she looked with both arm sets, now I'm going to have to pick up 2nd to display with both looks. I do hope Neca does a similar figure with Aliens Ripley but with the bomber jacket and the swap out arms for the full jumpsuit look too.

Well I still think her proportions are weird...which I did not personally think was an issue with the previous Ripleys. I also think her hair is painted too dark for her 'bald' look.

I'll know for sure one way or another when I have her in hand and can compare with the other figures.

Depends what aspect you are referring to when you say "prefer". The head sculpt or the overall figure?

-In terms of quality of the headsculpt for accuracy (in that it looks like Weaver), I think they look the same. Different paint, but overall the same.

-If you mean preference of the figure as a whole, then yes I think the polarizing nature of the movie has a lot to do with it. Plus the other figures are more 'iconic'. A bald chick in dingy clothes could be Ripley in alien 3, or could be Robin Tunney in 'Empire Records'. Flip a coin. Regardless of quality or accuracy in the A3 figure, the plain look has an uphill climb to all but the most hardcore of A3 fans.

Well I still think her proportions are weird...which I did not personally think was an issue with the previous Ripleys. I also think her hair is painted too dark for her 'bald' look.

I'll know for sure one way or another when I have her in hand and can compare with the other figures.

I also still agree. After seeing the image with the heads swapped above, I think her proportion problems stem from a small head! It is a very small and subtle difference, but it makes everything else from her body to limbs appear longer and more gangly.

The only thing I don't like about the A3 Ripley is the way the diaper is flared out. I can't remember if she looked like that in the movie because she's wearing men's pants but to me it looks a little too wide. The hair does seem to be a little dark but that may look better in hand.

If her head is in fact smaller than the previous figures (as in it literally is smaller and it isn't just a visual illusion because of her haircut) then that would probably account for why her body proportions look strange.

Anyone picked up the Series 8 Dog Alien? Are there any differences compared to the Series 3 version? I was curious if the inner mouth is painted solid white/grey like the Alien Isolation Xenomorph or if it has a black wash on it like the Series 3 version.

Someone asked Neca that earlier today and this was their response below.

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS · 2h2 hours ago

NECA Retweeted John

brown is basically the same just satisfying demand for those who want more or missed it

Thanks to all who checked out my review. Now I see a lot of you have some questions on the figure itself which I did not mention. Yes the proportions of the figure are vastly different from the previous Ripley figures. I can confirm that the head is smaller. In hand it looks fine and honestly looks more accurate. The A3 figure overall to me seems more accurate and the height of the figure same as the others just skinnier and the head a bit smaller. Pictures and video make it look awkward like I stated in my review but in hand it's fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Back