NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When asked about re-doing the Classic Alien, neca replied:

"for now Warrior, maybe original next year"

I can't wait!:yess:

What were important Errors to re-do on the Alien and Alien Warrior ?

A bad Error on the Alien was the dome.
But his was the Paint, not the sculpt.

If you wanted separated limbs couldn't you just do that with:

x1 NECA Alien Warrior figure
x1 Sink kitchen or bathroom
Warm to Hot Water?

and......Pull?

What were important Errors to re-do on the Alien and Alien Warrior ?

A bad Error on the Alien was the dome.
But his was the Paint, not the sculpt.

There's a lot of little details that could get fixed.
The front of the dome is one point most seem to agree on that it needs to be fixed. Tankman was also unhappy about the feet and how the lower jaw sat on the 18" figure.
But more than that, what I understood is that they are going to revisit the sculpts articulation-wise as well.

@abake, on which points must neca change the articulation ?

A 1/4 Alien Warrior was great.

@abake, on which points must neca change the articulation ?

A 1/4 Alien Warrior was great.

If they're going to upgrade the articulation, I'd say they'd have to change the hips, which would mean changing the legs. And if they're changing the legs, they could change the ankle articulation as well. And then I would like to see better wrist articulation as well...
But we'll just have to wait and see what it is NECA that is planning to do.

If they're going to upgrade the articulation, I'd say they'd have to change the hips, which would mean changing the legs. And if they're changing the legs, they could change the ankle articulation as well. And then I would like to see better wrist articulation as well...
But we'll just have to wait and see what it is NECA that is planning to do.

I'm betting; ball jointed hips, ankles, wrists, and a new neck joint that will allow the heads to be posed all the way back like the ceiling crawl scene.

At least that's what I hope :pray:

I wonder if the new Warrior Alien wll reuse any parts from the old one (like the head) or if it is going to be a 100% new sculpt.

I need to figure out what i'm going to do with all of my old Warrior Aliens.

If neca are re-sculpting the giger alien, as far as reference pics all they would need to look at is the recent sano alien bust and statue imho!

about the only thing wrong with the old classic alien sculpt, was the front of the dome and the mouth wouldn't fully close. fix that and neca will have a perfect giger alien.

Yes and no.
The Sano piece is fantastic, but there's a lot of small details that differ from the statue to the actual suit as worn by Bolaji Badejo.
Look at the detailing around the wrists, the lack of spikes/spurs on the elbows, the fused fingers, and most importantly, the detailing on the face.
Obviously the sculpt is lacking a lot of detail concerning the lips, the tendons on the cheeks and the size and shape of the teeth.
Also, from pics of the suit, it looks like the shoulders were shaped a bit differently, and the head seems to sit higher on the suit than the statue. All in all, I prefer the suit on Badejo and the Rambaldi hero-head to the statue.

I so cannot wait to see the New Warrior Alien figure. A new 79 Alien would also be amazing too.

Im gonna buy multiple marines so i can have a few loose and and some in the box.. i hope neca wont be cheap on the articulation i dont want a statue marine! but with their latest relases its benn looking bright :)

Back