NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they at the sculpting stage or ready to package these new figures? Im very happy they are making more figures!!

Bri

Don't know if this has been posted anywhere else, but here ya go:

https://necaonline.com/33253/blog/press-releases/what-we-have-not-revealed-at-toy-fair-2012/

Posted in: Alien, Blog, News And Announcements, Portal, Predator, Press Releases, Robocop, Terminator 2-Feb 16, 2012No Comments
This week we talked about what was shown (and stolen) at the 2012 NYC Toy Fair. Today, we’re going to briefly mention what you havent seen from us, things that are still in very early stages of production.
San Diego Comic Con Exclusive – We have a handful of exclusives in the works, expect to see images and details in early May
They will be available in July during SDCC of course
Toys ‘R Us Exclusives – To be revealed throughout the year, some of these items will surprise you. Expect them to start showing up soon.
But of course, there are some extremely exciting licenses we can only talk about at the moment. Check some of them out:
James Cameron’s Aliens
We are returning to James Cameron’s classic and doing figures of 2 different Marines and a brand new Aliens Warrior with improved articulation and possibly some battle damage features. Can you imagine the possibilities?

Prometheus
Director Ridley Scott’s upcoming film is just… mind blowing. Expect a full line of figures this fall.

Terminator and… Kyle Reese?
The posthumous father of John Connor, and the love of Sarah Connor. Reese will headline a 3rd Terminator Collection Series this Fall.

First Blood – Rambo
Sylvester Stallone is John Rambo, in the first movie of the phenomenal series. This film was elected by Empire one of The 500 Greatest Movies of All Time . Below you can see VERY early stages of the figure in our studio.

Predator 25th Anniversary Edition
We’re in the very early stages of this assortment which will follow the release of Predators Series 6. Right now all we can say is expect a brand new Jungle Hunter figure featuring the P2 leg articulation. In case you missed his pretty face, here he is, in full glory, from the 1987 classic:

And many, many more. Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to get the latest news!

Read more: https://necaonline.com/33253/blog/p...-not-revealed-at-toy-fair-2012/#ixzz1mZu1I1If

Ah, so its just 2 marines. Hopefully if they do well they'll make more. One of them is definitely Hicks, I'm sure they'll go for a smart-gun operator for the other one so either Drake or Vasquez.

Here some things to come

Here are the questions/answers from twitter:

Q: Hey Randy, ans news about Terminator 18"

A: not just yet but 1/4 scale City Hunter is in development

Q: Any hope for a 1/4 scale Cameron Alien to compliment the Pred?

A: we might improve and revisit the original 79 Alien first if it does well we'll see

:cool:
quoted from the pred franchise thread...
This is great new for Alien and Predator collectors! I wonder if the P1 will get re-released -- with better articulation...
And I've been wanting an alien that can hold a neutral pose without looking like his limbs have been through a chop shop...and if Kyle W gets to resculpt the Alien like he's been wanting to -- that'd be awesome...resculpted and repainted head please!

The more I play with the P2 the more I love the articulation! An alien with that type of hip articulation would be fantastic! Not so sure about the knees, as there wouldn't be any cover to disguise them... and I feel the current joints on the alien's knees works well enough.
Ball sockets for the ankles and wrists would be great though!
I'm giddy with excitement!

Yeah, I really want to see how they handle the hip and knee articulation on the new Warrior Alien. It won't be easy to hide the joints, and doing it without breaking up the sculpt too much.

There's very little to be done about the hips, the ball joints will always be visible. The knees can be worked on the hide the joints a bit better, but again, at the scale it will be very difficult to hide.
Win some, lose some. No ugly cut joint s that break up the sculpt, but you'll get big ball joints that won't have any detail sculpted on them...
Which is perfectly acceptable for me. After all, there already are the older models with the flowing sculpt around the hips and cut joints.

Ah, so its just 2 marines. Hopefully if they do well they'll make more. One of them is definitely Hicks, I'm sure they'll go for a smart-gun operator for the other one so either Drake or Vasquez.

Hicks & Vasquez would be my choice if they only end up doing two.

Though they may end up doing two similar male marines so they can re-use some parts (IE: Freddy pants).

Hicks & Vasquez would be my choice if they only end up doing two.

Though they may end up doing two similar male marines so they can re-use some parts (IE: Freddy pants).

I'd like a Hicks and Vasquez as well, but I'd imagine they'll do Hicks and probably Hudson, maybe Apone.

Back