NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now... it's time for some self-promotion. I mispoke around the beginning when I stated this was "quarter-inch scale", so please disregard that part. Took a few takes and it's getting tougher to keep my videos short without going over certain things (and getting woozy talking to the camera for a good hour :)).

Great video review, Blade3327! Good overview.

Try using acrylic paints that are NOT cheap. Maybe use a primer first before painting, or you can use OIL paints. Oil paints will take a LONG drying time though. As for the varnish to gloss, you can use either spray on, or paint on type. You can also use a SATIN finish if you don't want a lot of shine. Try https://www.dickblick.com/ online to order from. They have a huge lot of art supplies to chose from, and they can send you a free catalog too every 3-4 months. Good luck!! :wave

can Anyone tell me what would be the best type of paint to fix this figure, I refuse to use cheap acrylics but, that's what people tell me to use

how can i make the paint look glossy without buying that spray that makes it look like nail polish shiny, any tips? I would appreciate it greatly,

Last edited:
There are varying degrees of gloss. The acrylic glosses I've seen actually are a lot more dull than you'd think. I have friends that stand by Tamiya acrylics.

Last edited:
Try using acrylic paints that are NOT cheap. Maybe use a primer first before painting, or you can use OIL paints. Oil paints will take a LONG drying time though. As for the varnish to gloss, you can use either spray on, or paint on type. You can also use a SATIN finish if you don't want a lot of shine. Try https://www.dickblick.com/ online to order from. They have a huge lot of art supplies to chose from, and they can send you a free catalog too every 3-4 months. Good luck!! :wave

oh, o my god thank you! :hi5: I will look into it, I recently bought a life size wolf mask and it came green LOL, I need to paint it silver

Outstanding review, Blade3327, very in-depth.

If I may ask, how did you get your video uploaded at 22 min? I did two reviews, had to re-do it because the first clocked in at 17 min and Youtube rejected it because it was too long.

Okay I apologize beforehand for the worst pictures taken ever, I dont have much time and just came from the store a couple of hours ago, I will try to take better pics in my backyard in the trees when I have some free time, but, I thought I'll share

got them at my local Toys R us, (well I got close mouth from Cornerstore Comics)
from 4 toys r us around me, only one had them, dont know if they sold them already or what,
I cancelled my order online too,
9aYaI.jpg

my green mask lol
fgQJX.jpg

The netting on the arm on my masked, it seems they cut the netting to soon or something so they put an extreme amount of glue, they showered the shoulder with glue and the netting ends just before the joint, not a big thing to complain but, i cant say Im too happy about it, I hope that thing wont start coming off eventually, the shoulder is well glued but, i dont like how they ended that netting, that netting was supposed to go all the way around the shoulder, anyway, Im still very happy with my figures
te9OL.jpg

I pre-ordered the 3 pack from BBTS and thought I might order another set, and I just noticed their priced raised to $239 now, since when did they raised the price?

Outstanding review, Blade3327, very in-depth.

If I may ask, how did you get your video uploaded at 22 min? I did two reviews, had to re-do it because the first clocked in at 17 min and Youtube rejected it because it was too long.

Not sure. The limit used to be 10 minutes, then it was upped to 15, and now it says I can upload videos over 15 minutes long (but it doesn't give me a specific amount of time). I'm assuming this means the videos can be pretty long, but maybe this only applies to accounts that have a certain amount of vids uploaded (or to accounts that have been around for a while). I was very surprised to see that little message from them. Not a YT partner or anything like that, either.

bbts have shipped my masked pred on june 26 in express int mail and the tracking number still doesn't work, I'm worried

Back