NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info.:wink1:

It's all just speculation on my part, but through my limited knowledge of action figure production, and my own custom figure work, I know that things are not ever as simple as they seem. Little tiny things can create big problems in just customizing. I don't even want to think about the nightmares of handling a full-fledged action figure prodcution and the hundreds of problems and developmental hurdles that come with it.

It's almost always never as simple as "just change it".

i would rather have sculpted ,painted netting that is movie accurate, then fabric netting that looks like chicken wire.also the fabric netting will be easy to tear, hard to clean when it gets dusty or soiled.
this is how i feel, only my opinion. theres really no excuse to not get the shape of the netting right, and to say the netting on a 1/4 p2 if made will be the same, is just neca saying they will buy it anyway, so why bother fixing it.imo.

Yes, there is an excuse, it's called "the inaccurate netting is cheaper". If you don't like it, go to the hot toys figure :rotfl

Yes, there is an excuse, it's called "the inaccurate netting is cheaper". If you don't like it, go to the hot toys figure :rotfl

no it's called( they will buy it anyway,even though we've doubled the price) as i will be doing, and as all predator fans will do,buy them anyway.
i'm not a hot toys predator or alien fan, i've owned most and sold them all.
but i would like to see tankman's great sculpt be finished and sold with all movie accuratcy as it deserves.

Last edited:
no it's called( they will buy it anyway,even though we've double the price) as i will be doing, and as all predator fans will do.
i'm not a hot toys predator or alien fan, i owned most and sold them all.

There's nothing P1 sculpt wise out there that's better. NECA pretty much has the P1 action figure market to itself.

Necas goal is to make the most accurate Any Time figure ever right? This thing is so close to becoming a history of a figure. Just imagine 20 years from now,people are going to look back at this figure realizing so much accuracy it's crazy. But the sad part is they will also notice that it's incorrect netting witch will be a impression of " he's so accurate it's crazy, I love him,!" Thn from that very moment your eyes will slowly run down to the innacurate netting with some sad guilt. It's really sad when you think about it.

Necas goal is to make the most accurate Any Time figure ever right? This thing is so close to becoming a history of a figure. Just imagine 20 years from now,people are going to look back at this figure realizing so much accuracy it's crazy. But the sad part is they will also notice that it's incorrect netting witch will be a impression of " he's so accurate it's crazy, I love him,!" Thn from that very moment your eyes will slowly run down to the innacurate netting with some sad guilt. It's really sad when you think about it.

In 20 years time we will all have 3D Holograms of a life size P1 in our collection.:yess:

i'll be happy too, only not 100% happy.

95% then.:D

:rotfl I am speechless :rotfl

This thing will be gold compared to the stuff in my collection, which consists of all the neca 7" preds. The best thing I have is the hot toys berserker predator, and while its super awesome with the best body sculpt hot toys has done but, im not a fan of the "super predators"...nothin beats classic:wink1:

Again for the price SilentSufer I wouldnt Complain :)

Yes, this is a mind blowing figure considering we don't need to pay $800+ for it. Heck, as cheap as it is, I'm happy to do the extra work to make it more perfect.

ya, i'm really disapointed with the netting, and tankman said if they do a 1/4 p2, the netting won't be improved, which makes no sense whatsoever to me.

Well, that's one area where Sideshow and Hot Toys are kings then. They read prototype feedback and actually make adjustments prior to production release. That's what companies in this inudstry need to be doing. Hell, I've been slated to paint a certain Star Wars character for Sideshow since November, but they have been making damn sure it's as good as it can be before it even goes to paint, and I still haven't gotten it on my table yet. That's what Sideshow is aiming to be all about now, and with all the internet exposure these days, there's no excuse for NECA to not know what the die hard fans are demanding. But then again, NECA still seems to be more of a mass toy maker, and not so much a high end collectibles maker, though I really believe they would do well to make the transition. Or they could have special runs of high end versions of things with higher production quality.

better hope that armor isn't a pain to remove then. my spider-sense is telling me it will be glued down pretty well and replacing the netting might be more of a hassle than it's worth. what are you gonna use for 1:4 scale netting though?

I have no idea what I would use for netting yet. I'd hate to think I'd have to tie my own netting.:slap As for application, the movie suit armor was sculpt on, and the netting was probably insterted into holes driller where needed. I'll probably go a similar route, but won't know for sure until I have one of these in hand.

Who on here will be commissioning paint jobs?:yess:

I can see myself getting really tired of repainting these very quickly.:wink1:

the pics posted by Tankman left me speechless, wow, seeing him free looked better than i imagined, this looks amazing,
I would say, for a predator fan, to get this as a present, that person will love you forever lol

I have no idea what I would use for netting yet. I'd hate to think I'd have to tie my own netting.:slap As for application, the movie suit armor was sculpt on, and the netting was probably inserted into holes drilled where needed. I'll probably go a similar route, but won't know for sure until I have one of these in hand.
is it just me, or does that sound way easier to pull off in 1:1 scale than 1:4 scale...
i couldn't imagine having to tie your own netting, though. then again, it would probably look amazing on this figure, so it might be worth it. either way, i can't wait to see what you come up with.

No matter how close to perfection Necas is, I will always love and have my heart next to Hot Toys. It's just so badass. This figure will definatley be a eye turner to anyone or even next to Hts. Which ever one you get used to for the time being is what it narrows down too. By the way Hts figurine is up everywere 1,000+ $. And a sick box. With all do respect to both companies, Hot toys just has that electric spark in them that never let's you forget them.

Back