NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The retail shop here in Singapore said they will arrive around June. Hopefully it is true.
Neca should make 1/4 Terminator 2 Arnie as well.

Um.. I dunno. It looks cool but im not really into 1/4 scale. Where the hell would I put him. Plus the three alternate heads annoy me. If I were to get one I d go with the open mouth. I think alot of people would but Id also like the option of the mask. Interchangable heads would have made a better buy for me. If I get one than I may as well get the others than I have 3 bigs ass figures I cant find shelf space for. Plus if your gonna have an articulated figure you may as well go all the way and have 38 points or so. If not than just go with a more PF edition. Ive seen the articulation on the 7 inch of this figure and although I liked the him over all the articulation sucked in my opinion. Id love for one day some one does a completly detailed, amazingly sculpted and really articulated version of the original pred. You know something that you can put in a crouching position. I like HT's but I always felt he looks a bit..i dunno, stiff? Or rigid? Cant find the word.

I get that this is "your opinion" but come on.. :slap

Or maybe it's them saying it's too much of a hassle and they're not some incredibly high-end collectible company? :dunno

I think neither. Tankman has pointed out several times that the netting caused them a lot of headache. I assume that means it was important to them, but in the end they had to make a compromise for whatever reason. And, to say the next will be the same, makes it sound like the obstacle they encountered is significant. I can't imagine there was a massive cost issue, unless they were going to have to have all the netting custom made, which as we know here with customs, the sky's the limit.

So, I'd hate to settle on NECA being too cheap or too low end to do anything about it. I suspect either they couldn't get better netting or the options were not viable for marketing the product while maintaining their standard. For example, if the more accurate netting was as thick as a string, we'd be complaining about it looks like he's wrapped in rope.

I see the netting being talked about a lot, while it won't really bother me I might offer an answer on what could be used.

I bought a Predator figure years ago that came with an Alien, they were obviously toys and I don't even recall what company made this figure but it's about 9" tall and the only things that move on him are the arms.

Anyway it had no netting on it so what I did was I took a hair net, like the one's kitchen employees wear in restaurants and stretched it across the figures body and tied it in place at the back.

While it was both the wrong color and didn't scale well it did produce the grid pattern similar to that of the film. On a 1:4 scle figure it should scale perfectly and if you can find a hair net in black it might work.

I still have that figure somewhere, I'll go look for it and if I find it I'll take some pictures and show you guys what I did.

I found that figure, guys, it says on the bottom of the left foot it's from Kenner of all people lol, I must have gotten this back in 95 at Toys R' Us.

At any rate here's what I did to it, I figure if it's done more carefully than I did (had no patience back then) and if you can find some way to stretch it and stiffen it for trimming it might work...

P1070682.jpg

P1070680.jpg

P1070679.jpg

P1070683.jpg

Just brainstorming, thinking out loud. I used to love this figure but now it's freakin' horrific lol.

Last edited:
There's a jerk-off smilie lol?

Agreed, I would never have bought that thing today, terrible lol. I doubt it was even considered good for it's time lol.

But I just wanted to show you fellas what I did with the hair net.

Last edited:
I found that figure, guys, it says on the bottom of the left foot it's from Kenner of all people lol, I must have gotten this back in 95 at Toys R' Us.

At any rate here's what I did to it, I figure if it's done more carefully than I did (had no patience back then) and if you can find some way to stretch it and stiffen it for trimming it might work...

P1070682.jpg

P1070680.jpg

P1070679.jpg

P1070683.jpg

Just brainstorming, thinking out loud. I used to love this figure but now it's freakin' horrific lol.

I'm looking forward to the custom 19 inch Predators. Should be fun.

I think he said in an older post he took the bio apart and pressed the gap together somehow.

I wouldn't mind knowing precisely what he did either.

Masked looks amazing! If I were to not get one I'd leave out the open mandibles version. Of the 3 its the most 'seen it before' I think.

Back