NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

It appears to me that Weyland-Yutani is paranoid.

love NECA figures.
If I can see the 3 preds in market,I'll get all 3.
it's hard to find new NECA stuff in China now.
didn't see any 7inch remake Jason or freddy.

The Predator went through time, hunting and killing what once got away, always hoping that the next leap would be his leap home....

QUANTUM PREDATOR!

"Al! What am I doing wrong?"

"Ziggy says you need to spine rip this guy, no plasma casters!"

"Oh boy..."

Tankman, I'm with Sabres on this. We need a 7" Dog Alien! If you'd like a shot at blowing another thing out of the water, McF's version wouldn't stand a chance!

Oh, and I'd love a P2 and P2 Elder in 1/4 scale as well. Based on the proto pics we've seen of the Elder, he looks gorgeous. Beautifully done. Great sculpt, great armor, great accessories, just an all-around fantastic vibe. But I fear the 7" paint apps might keep it from shining. Hey, as long as it's Predator or Alien (and it's done well), I'm with NECA all the way on this 1/4 venture. Count me in!

P2 City hunter and Dog alien are definitely, one hopes, the next big grails for NECA to give us in these franchises.

Since I'm buying P1 in 1/4 I would more than likely also buy the P2. And the 7" size range is a given.

no doubt the sculpt will look great. but will this be molded in skin color, then painted by a kindergarten kid again, like their 7"?

and they should have jacked the price to $90 and put all the 3 heads in one box and be done with it.

Just picked up HT Pred 1...maybe should have waited, wasn't aware of Neca's figure. Anyways...I will keep telling myself that HT's Pred 1 is worth getting =P

The HT still definitely has its merits. LED bio, great articulation, awesome base, and some sweet accessories.

NECA's been praising this 1/4 Pred on Twitter all day long. I really hope it's the definitive P1 like they say. This new factor better blow us away. In any case, I can't wait for April next year!!

The add says it's the biggest Pred ever made. BS. Cinemaquette is the biggest. And I think it's crap that you can't have all three head variants in one figure.

That aside, damn, that looks epic. I might get one.

This is great release but to launch in 3 different versions could be pretty bad idea. The helmeted one will be sold out first and quickly, and left the other two in the market for a while as people will try to seek for the helmeted, whose price could also be skyrocketed in a few months after release. If it is launched as a set of 3 interchangeable heads, I'm sure Neca will have opportunity to produce it batch after batch as it will be highly demanded for a respectable period.

Last edited:

The add says it's the biggest Pred figure ever made.

Fixed, Surf ;).

197875016.jpg

This has the potential to be the greatest thing ever... SO PUMPED!

looks ok, not bad for the price, but i dont understand the comparison to HT. HT is on a different level than Neca ever will be, there is no comparison to be made. The two figs are different in many ways. Its like comparing this to the P1 maquette :cuckoo:. Which i believe i had a debate with one of you loonies about already.

The 'biggest figure ever' boast doesn't do much for me. I'm not really out to get the biggest possible figure - just one that is as close to the movie counterpart as possible and at good quality. The 8" can stake a claim to the former but not so much the latter with its bad paintjob, stuck joints, not fully inserted joints etc etc. The main thing is (hopefully) this sculpt with the elbow and knee straps reinstated and with a better, neater paintjob.

Now if we were talking about a 1/6th or even 8" figure and the boast was "in correct scale with other figures" I'd be pumped because no one has ever truly done that.

The "biggest figure ever" tag actually does matter to me, because as Azure says, the HT version (which I have) is gonna win in terms of quality and options. But it would be nice to have a big ol' Predator.

That's my reason. The HT Predator is the best Predator figure on the market. And unless they make a better one, HT will continue to be number one. A cool sculpted, non articulated, non light up, and super expensive (3 heads...) one wont replace it.

I'm still annoyed with the 3 heads. That's insane.

It's not non-articulated. I'd say the NECA Predators (especially these new ones) have perfectly good articulation. Really, all that stands between them and absolute awesomeness IMHO is the lack of hip balljoints. Other than that, great stuff. Good necks, good shoulders, elbows, etc.

Ok, well it's not AS articulated as the HT Predator. It's not that big of a selling point...but i'm just saying.

Back