NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

and I guess HT Pred will go along with all your 1/6 figures, so this by no means replaces anything. Its just another cool thing to get =)

Theres better range of motion all around in the HT one. For example he can be posed tapping on his wrist computer - I've tried this on the 8" NECA figure and its just not possible from what I can tell. The NECA figure is no McFarlane MMV but it still doesn't match the HT figure on the articulation front.

and I guess HT Pred will go along with all your 1/6 figures, so this by no means replaces anything. Its just another cool thing to get =)

:lecture exactly.

MMV is a great Predator. ____ anyone who disagrees. That thing was the most amazing Predator on the market then.

That's my reason. The HT Predator is the best Predator figure on the market. And unless they make a better one, HT will continue to be number one. A cool sculpted, non articulated, non light up, and super expensive (3 heads...) one wont replace it.

I'm still annoyed with the 3 heads. That's insane.

How funny and you like spending 169 bucks on a figure that looks like a toy and not the real deal? 80 buck? 160 bucks and so skinny and how about the paint on the open mouth? I own the HT and really like it a lot. This new Pred will look like Kevin Peter Halls Predator and really big with a nice paint job. Spending 169 bucks will make a person trick himself to thinking he has the best thing going. Lets see how it turns out. Super expensive is that a joke or what? How much do you want to bet when your buddy comes over and sees the HT standing next to the Bigger better sculpted and yes better painted Predator he'll say how much did you pay? Wow 80 bucks? Not bad at all and then how much for this smaller toy like Predator? Now that would be funny I bet. Not to rip the HT Predator but come on do you really think the sculpt is great? Even the Paint isn't as good as the 169 bucks in my opinion. I do think it's cool though and as a Predator fan and glad I got it. Lets see how our figure will turn out.

The add says it's the biggest Pred ever made. BS. Cinemaquette is the biggest. And I think it's crap that you can't have all three head variants in one figure.

That aside, damn, that looks epic. I might get one.

It says its the biggest predator figure ever made.

How funny and you like spending 169 bucks on a figure that looks like a toy and not the real deal? 80 buck? 160 bucks and so skinny and how about the paint on the open mouth? I own the HT and really like it a lot. This new Pred will look like Kevin Peter Halls Predator and really big with a nice paint job. Spending 169 bucks will make a person trick himself to thinking he has the best thing going. Lets see how it turns out. Super expensive is that a joke or what? How much do you want to bet when your buddy comes over and sees the HT standing next to the Bigger better sculpted and yes better painted Predator he'll say how much did you pay? Wow 80 bucks? Not bad at all and then how much for this smaller toy like Predator? Now that would be funny I bet. Not to rip the HT Predator but come on do you really think the sculpt is great? Even the Paint isn't as good as the 169 bucks in my opinion. I do think it's cool though and as a Predator fan and glad I got it. Lets see how our figure will turn out.

Fine. But the HT Pred is still better. It's all about the full package. Not just the sculpt, not just the paint, not just the lights, it's everything.

NECA Pred is cool and all, looks nice......but atleast I didnt have to buy 3 HT Predators to get the look I want. And that is a huge...huge turn off for me.

yes better painted Predator
I genuinely hope you are right about this.

And great work with that sculpt btw. It does look fantastic. If there are flaws to be had with this figure, I figure they will be production-related in terms of quality and articulation.

Heck yeah man this it's what it's all about. Many want our Predator 1 6th. HT has that and nobody has seen this great monster 20 inches. Why go 1 6th with the really cool HT figure out there. Articulation is great on the HT but for me I rather get a more realistic sculpture like the new Predators HT figures. Those look so very nice and I can't wait to get mine. Cracks me up other geeks like me would be negative at another cool Predator to come our way and tall and bad to the bone looking. I can't freaking wait for this guy. we're spending more money on this than ever and it should be really nice. A dream come true for me and I bet many other Predator fans will be very happy with it. Our guys in China are very much going to do all they can to make this thing look great. I have a real good feeling about it.

Its a cool Pred. But I wish all this HT Vs. NECA stuff would stop.

They're no where near each other.

Many want our Predator 1 6th. HT has that and nobody has seen this great monster 20 inches. Why go 1 6th with the really cool HT figure out there.

Well, in the hopes that yours would be true 1/6th and tower over HT Dutch the way the HT Predator should have. Also you can't remove the HT Predator's backpack to recreate the final battle...hmm but then again we don't have a muddy Dutch for that either so maybe that point is moot.

Fine. But the HT Pred is still better. It's all about the full package. Not just the sculpt, not just the paint, not just the lights, it's everything.

NECA Pred is cool and all, looks nice......but atleast I didnt have to buy 3 HT Predators to get the look I want. And that is a huge...huge turn off for me.

Fair enough but you did have to pay 169 for an inaccurate figure. Just pick one if money is a big deal. You'll enjoy it a lot. Seems your post really rip things for not being accurate enough. I guess the HT gets the pass right? Just get ready to be a fan boy like me and geek the heck out with this 80 dollar gift. Fingers crossed the paint and all on this guy will be great. I've held the figure in my hands and I couldn't get over just how cool it can end up being. I will give HT the praise on articulation on their Predator. It's so much fun to play with and I'm very glad I picked one up. To be honest I think ours should cost 100 bucks for what you'll be getting.

^ Wut? I'm not an accuracy doucher like most people on here...only thing I had a LEGIT problem with was the HT Alien. Because that looked nothing like the actual creature. Not a single bit.

The HT Predator...does. No matter how you swing it, it resembles the monster. Show it to anyone, they'll say "Hey, its the Predator from the first movie".

But you missed my point. It's about the WHOLE package. Your Predator has a great sculpt. MAYBE (NECA isnt reliable with this) good paint apps. Then what? Now, 75 bucks for that is great. I would pay easily.

But like I said...the whole shabang...with the HT Predator you get a removable helmet that lights up, tons of articulation, leather straps, real neting, cloth....loin cloth thingy, 5 extra hands, a skull, removable backpack with opening medi kit, realistic wrist blades, and an extra set of mandibles to have the Predator of your choice.

Not to mention a base. We can argue sculpt all day...but I dont care. The HT Predator is worth the money, while your Predator is worth the money too.

Yeah, I am seriously shocked you guys were able to go as low as $80. This puppy must be a monster to produce.

Its a cool Pred. But I wish all this HT Vs. NECA stuff would stop.

They're no where near each other.

Yeah you're right. NECA sculpt is way superior and the likeness is way better and only 80 bucks. Come on man. HT is fun and built really nice but the sculpt is just off and they could do better now. Just look at the new Predators they have coming. I know the heads are iffy but the body sculpting is very very nice. I'm wishing they'd go back and do P1 and P2 like the new ones.

Tankman I ordered the 18" Alien from BBTS today - to your knowledge was that due for a rerelease or what? No one seems to know. I'm just wondering because the BBTS site says its due to arrive November 2010

Yeah you're right. NECA sculpt is way superior and the likeness is way better and only 80 bucks. Come on man. HT is fun and built really nice but the sculpt is just off and they could do better now. Just look at the new Predators they have coming. I know the heads are iffy but the body sculpting is very very nice. I'm wishing they'd go back and do P1 and P2 like the new ones.

Ok. Include 3 heads, and i'll say your Predator is better. Until then, I wont. I've been buying NECA since you guys produced your first figures. I have over 40 various NECA figures in my collection. So no matter what, i'll get this. But this argument needs to stop. Unless you guys create a figure that can be on par with HT...then that'll be awesome. But you havent. That's not the market you're in. And that's fine.

^ Wut? I'm not an accuracy doucher like most people on here...only thing I had a LEGIT problem with was the HT Alien. Because that looked nothing like the actual creature. Not a single bit.

The HT Predator...does. No matter how you swing it, it resembles the monster. Show it to anyone, they'll say "Hey, its the Predator from the first movie".

But you missed my point. It's about the WHOLE package. Your Predator has a great sculpt. MAYBE (NECA isnt reliable with this) good paint apps. Then what? Now, 75 bucks for that is great. I would pay easily.

But like I said...the whole shabang...with the HT Predator you get a removable helmet that lights up, tons of articulation, leather straps, real neting, cloth....loin cloth thingy, 5 extra hands, a skull, removable backpack with opening medi kit, realistic wrist blades, and an extra set of mandibles to have the Predator of your choice.

Not to mention a base. We can argue sculpt all day...but I dont care. The HT Predator is worth the money, while your Predator is worth the money too.

You're dead on here I'd say. For me and many others accurate Predator is the most important thing. All the other things you talk about here is very cool with the HT Predator. Like I said I'm very happy I got it but if only the sculpt was dead on. That would be so very nice don't you think? Just be happy and get both. Win win type of thing and 80 bucks will be so worth it. The HT does give you a lot of neat things yes.

No offense tankman, but I think you should just let your finished product do the talking. There is a reason why HT are where they are at...speaking negatively about their product does you no good, and tarnishes your artistic integrity. I myself am an artist, and I would never bring down someones work...even if I felt it was inferior.

That said, I look forward to seeing the actual production figure.

Sure. If it was dead on, that'll be great. But nothing is perfect. Your Predator wont be perfect either. Something will be amiss. He might have googly eyes. :lol

But the thing is, I like it more because of the entire package. Like I said. It's my favorite figure in my collection. The detail is asounding.

Your Predator looks awesome too. I loved it from the first picture. Two very different monsters. I'll get it. I never said I wouldnt. I never even said your Predator is bad. But comparing it to Hot Toys is silly. It may be more accurate to the sculpt, but all the little details HT puts into it's figures just makes it a different thing.

That's all i'm saying.

Back