NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

I wish would make a 7" scale of these too. But somehow, I think Hasbro would have a fit about it. :gah:

I think NECA wants in on Avengers cash and this may be their only option, Diamond Select is already making figures in the smaller scale and may use exclusive rights to it.

What do you guys think are the odds NECA will get to the second tier Avengers like Widow, Hawkeye and Fury? I imagine the odds aren't good, but I live in hope.

I'm also only interested, because for US$80, I will get an acceptable 1:4 version of the Avengers.
1:6 is definitely a more versatile option when collecting high-end action figures.. Simply because it has been around for many years, and there is almost a 1:6 scale equivalent for everything u can think of to do your dioramas.

1:4 is a new breed, and comes with a hefty price tag, but when many manufacturers start to make variety (not just mainstream characters), we might see 1:4 as the "new" norm for high-end action figures.

I'm also only interested, because for US$80, I will get an acceptable 1:4 version of the Avengers.
1:6 is definitely a more versatile option when collecting high-end action figures.. Simply because it has been around for many years, and there is almost a 1:6 scale equivalent for everything u can think of to do your dioramas.

1:4 is a new breed, and comes with a hefty price tag, but when many manufacturers start to make variety (not just mainstream characters), we might see 1:4 as the "new" norm for high-end action figures.

Man I hope not. :pray: That's when I will be forced out of collecting. If the 1/4 TDKR Batman is any indication of the average pricing, that size is definitely not for me.

What do you guys think are the odds NECA will get to the second tier Avengers like Widow, Hawkeye and Fury? I imagine the odds aren't good, but I live in hope.

If the big 4 sell well, maybe, but I'm sure they'll stick to them first to see how these sell.

The 1/4 scale is booming, but I don't see it reaching 1/6 level. NECA and Sideshow have been doing 1/4 for a long time, HT and EB are just finally getting in on the action, but between size and price, I see 1/4 staying the way it's been, just leaps in quality with more conpetition.

Well, remember that NECA bought WizKids who currently own Heroclix, so NECA does have a good foot-in-the-door with Marvel. Heroclix is a big money-maker since it came back - it was a smart move by NECA.

Its possible. I think if the fab 4 sell well and there is an apparent demand for them, it will happen. I just we also see a Loki!

Im very excited abot Iron Man.
I hope they make the Mark III too and give the figure a second Tony Stark head.

1/4 scale Cap is up for pre-order at Bigbadtoystore. Priced at $85. Yikes, I was hoping for more like $60.

Ugly

NEC12020.jpg

Are you guys really considering buying these figures for 85 bucks!!!! REALLY?

Well $85 is better than the $400+ other companies would charge for quarter scale. I don't even think Cap looks that bad. It's not Hot Toys but it's better than Hasbro.

Well $85 is better than the $400+ other companies would charge for quarter scale. I don't even think Cap looks that bad. It's not Hot Toys but it's better than Hasbro.

God speed my good man....God speed :cuckoo:

It'll probably be cheaper in retail stores. Hopefully.

It is a 1/4 Avengers figure that will hold me over until HT gets going with theirs. Unless the figure is total crap in person.

Size does not necessarily mean greatness! We'll see what the 1/4 scale HT figures look like.

Back