NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

I'm guessing the Hulk will be at least 24" tall! :yess:

Don't count on it, NECA doesn't seem to worry about scale with their 18" line, at least with Predators they don't. A predator should be nearly 24" tall if you were doing 1/4 scale, but NECA seems to just make them 18". I'm all for Hulk being bigger, but just don't big expectations from NECA. Plus, it has to be made to go on store shelves, it's not like HT or Sideshow where they just ship from warehouses, so if it gets too big, could be tricky to sell. Might have to do like the ALIEN and have it ship in pieces with some assembly. I just want to know they're doing him, with NECA's sculpts, it should look great, and with the size, even at just 18" it'll be one very impressive figure.

Don't count on it, NECA doesn't seem to worry about scale with their 18" line, at least with Predators they don't. A predator should be nearly 24" tall if you were doing 1/4 scale, but NECA seems to just make them 18". I'm all for Hulk being bigger, but just don't big expectations from NECA. Plus, it has to be made to go on store shelves, it's not like HT or Sideshow where they just ship from warehouses, so if it gets too big, could be tricky to sell. Might have to do like the ALIEN and have it ship in pieces with some assembly. I just want to know they're doing him, with NECA's sculpts, it should look great, and with the size, even at just 18" it'll be one very impressive figure.

:exactly::lecture:goodpost::lecture:exactly:

neca+iron+man+3+movie+quarter+scale+figure.jpg

From Idle Hands.

When are these due.

I'll be picking them up as well.

I hope they stay in the $65.00 range and don't go up to $100.00.

Even $100 isn't bad if the final quality is nice enough, it costs $300+ for a Sideshow/HT/EB 18" piece, and NECA's nicer paint's not too far off from Sideshow's best either.

I'm not getting everyone, but so far, the sculpt work is very impressive, Mark VII looks more correctly proportioned than anything Hot Toys' ever done.

The only good thing about these being released is that it will force Hot Toys to show the pictures of their 1/4 scale Avengers stuff.

Even $100 isn't bad if the final quality is nice enough, it costs $300+ for a Sideshow/HT/EB 18" piece, and NECA's nicer paint's not too far off from Sideshow's best either.

I'm not getting everyone, but so far, the sculpt work is very impressive, Mark VII looks more correctly proportioned than anything Hot Toys' ever done.

Ok, fine....I'll pay the hundred. :lol

1/4 scale Cap goes for $85 at Big Bad Toy Store. Gotta assume Iron Man costs a bit more cause of the lights. Figure it'll be around $100.

1/4 scale Cap goes for $85 at Big Bad Toy Store. Gotta assume Iron Man costs a bit more cause of the lights. Figure it'll be around $100.

It might cost more due to complexity of the paint and sculpt and whatever working parts it may have, but, electronics won't really drive up NECA prices, their figures commonly have electronics and cost reasonable amounts, HT just knows they can jack up the price saying it's cuz of electronics and people just take it.

Actually I just measured the new predator preds, they are slightly over 20 inches tall actually. Not exactly in scale but not that small either.

Have they commented on any other characers for this line? I already have my HT black widow on the way, but these might prove cheaper alternatives for the other characters should they proceed with them.

According to Randy on his latest interview, they want to do atleast the Big 4 of Avengers, Cap will be first then IM in mid April just before the next movie comes out, then Thor will be next and Randy said it might be the Dark World costume not the Avengers one, again his release date would be before the movie. When he was asked about Hulk, he said they want to make him too, thats IF the first releases do well in the market, and he said it will be huge like around 23"?

So scale wise I think they will try to be accurate if they eventually make Hulk, and that would be a dream come true!

It might cost more due to complexity of the paint and sculpt and whatever working parts it may have, but, electronics won't really drive up NECA prices, their figures commonly have electronics and cost reasonable amounts, HT just knows they can jack up the price saying it's cuz of electronics and people just take it.

NECA said they will try to keep it under a hundred even with LED's and interchangeable hands. This is gonna be one the most anticipated figure next year. I will get two! :D

According to Randy on his latest interview, they want to do atleast the Big 4 of Avengers, Cap will be first then IM in mid April just before the next movie comes out, then Thor will be next and Randy said it might be the Dark World costume not the Avengers one, again his release date would be before the movie. When he was asked about Hulk, he said they want to make him too, thats IF the first releases do well in the market, and he said it will be huge like around 23"?

So scale wise I think they will try to be accurate if they eventually make Hulk, and that would be a dream come true!

I understand why the wait on Hulk, but it sucks as he's the only one I really want, I just hope the rest do well enough to make him happen.

I want this line to do well enough that they make a 1/4 scale Hawkeye and Widow. I know that will never happen, but I can dream.

It's possible, but Hasbro didn't even give much support to Hawk and Widow and NECA's market is somewhere between them and Hot Toys, could go either way, HT saw fit to make them all.

I understand why the wait on Hulk, but it sucks as he's the only one I really want, I just hope the rest do well enough to make him happen.

I hope so too, but I can see the market on these doing very well since its really affordable, I know they will do it eventually.

I want this line to do well enough that they make a 1/4 scale Hawkeye and Widow. I know that will never happen, but I can dream.

Not really likely to happen but there still hope. Don't hold your breath though. :)

That stinks. But yeah, you are right thinking back over the years.

:horror:clap SOLD!!!! :yess:

The only good thing about these being released is that it will force Hot Toys to show the pictures of their 1/4 scale Avengers stuff.

Let's hope. :pray:

NECA said they will try to keep it under a hundred even with LED's and interchangeable hands. This is gonna be one the most anticipated figure next year. I will get two! :D

Sounds great!!! :blissy

:exactly: Let's keep our fingers crossed that all goes well! The HULK is what I want the most!!! :pray:

Back