NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

If I bought this, its certainly not something I'd want to show to anyone. Just seems like a giant kids toy, not a collectible. Something you expect to see in a bucket of legos

Now THAT looks like something a 5 year old can actually play with.

I don't think the brightly coloured costume helps this look like an adult collectible. Some people are just opposed to all-sculpted figures nowadays but I don't think that should be held against it by itself. And I see nothing wrong with the sculpt really.

Having said that I'm not sold on 1:4 scale humans from NECA. I'm not sure that their paint and finish standards are high enough to warrant a purchase. I do love their Predators though.

Are you guys really considering buying these figures for 85 bucks!!!! REALLY?

I'd get Hulk, I can see NECA using real cloth for his pants, and as far as articulation goes it'd probably be the same or just a little less than HT, but the same size. For 1/3 the price of HT Hulk, I'd be happy, I love my 10" Marvel Select Hulk and would gladly get an 18" figure like it for under $100. Sure it's not HT level paint, but there's no rubber to risk breaking down.

Size does not necessarily mean greatness! We'll see what the 1/4 scale HT figures look like.

From the brief reading I did, people seemed to think HT 1/6 TDKR Batman came out better than the 1/4.

Yes, it looks a little like a giant 6" figure (based on the light it's shown in), but I can actually see a good likeness with Chris Evans there. It's gonna be hard to make it look "Amazing" when it has molded clothes.

Size does not necessarily mean greatness! We'll see what the 1/4 scale HT figures look like.

I'm sure the 1/4 HT will be superior no doubt. But when it comes to action figures (not high end 1/6 either), they are one of the best in the business. If one cannot afford a $400 HT figure, this will be the best alternative.

As for me, I'll probably end up buying BOTH. :monkey3

I like- I'm sure you'll be able to get it less than $80 once it's out.
Remember solid plastic (no cloth) so it came out acceptable..by itself ok but much much better with a group of Avengers like it!

I'm sure the 1/4 HT will be superior no doubt. But when it comes to action figures (not high end 1/6 either), they are one of the best in the business. If one cannot afford a $400 HT figure, this will be the best alternative.

As for me, I'll probably end up buying BOTH. :monkey3

:goodpost::exactly:

Prototype for Mark VII. I cannot freakin wait.

A8LKUkZCUAAYhYT.jpg:large

Test shots for Captain America

A8LIWwBCAAAZd5O.jpg

A8LEa8yCQAAmilJ.jpg:large

Looks great, I'm really excited to see the final product.

I just really hope they do Hulk, even if he's barely articulated I'm sure he'll look great. Hopefully they follow the Hasbro Walmart exclusive Hulk as far as articulating the knees and having te pants ripped around them, Fiamon didn't handle that so well.

Have they commented on any other characers for this line? I already have my HT black widow on the way, but these might prove cheaper alternatives for the other characters should they proceed with them.

If these figures turn Out like i Think they will, some of them will make great customs.

(lets be honest, NECAs paint apps are ****)

Maybe a custom paintjob and base? Yes I think so. The whole team in 1/4th on a massive Base with custom paint apps would probably be the most impressive display piece ever....

and cheaper than Hot Toys haha

I believe NECA is only doing 18" figures right now so these would really be alternates for the HT figures if you're trying to make the team in 12" scale, except Hulk, if he's not scale to the other NECA figures an 18" like the rest, he'd be scale to the HT figures.

I wish they were doing 12" as I could get my less favorite characters to stand behind my HT figures to make a cool avengers
display

The only problem with these 1/4 scale Neca figures is finding the room to put them in! Gah I'm running out of space... but these do look awesome.

I believe NECA is only doing 18" figures right now so these would really be alternates for the HT figures if you're trying to make the team in 12" scale, except Hulk, if he's not scale to the other NECA figures an 18" like the rest, he'd be scale to the HT figures.

I'm guessing the Hulk will be at least 24" tall! :yess:

Back