NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I repainted my NECA Keaton's headsculpt last night, while waiting for the fireworks as the clock hit 12. It was my first time to repaint any figure. The eyes were the most difficult to repaint. Could have been easier if the headsculpt was out of the cowl, but I don't want to rip it apart. Will post photos soon.

I repainted my NECA Keaton's headsculpt last night, while waiting for the fireworks as the clock hit 12. It was my first time to repaint any figure. The eyes were the most difficult to repaint. Could have been easier if the headsculpt was out of the cowl, but I don't want to rip it apart. Will post photos soon.

Look forward to those pics.

Another fye, another cross eyed batman. Lmao kiss my *** neca with your qc on this figure. I did see Dutch though, good paint apps there.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Another fye, another cross eyed batman. Lmao kiss my *** neca with your qc on this figure. I did see Dutch though, good paint apps there.

I had a hard time choosing at the local store where I got mine. Like 3 of the 5 they got were cross-eyed. I think it's a common problem with this figure (and I guess that's were store pick up is advantageous than delivery since I can choose the better figure). While I was repainting mine last night I noticed that the eye sculpt itself is a little asymmetrical and looks more so when under the cowl. I suppose they had the eyes painted before the heads were put on the cowl and it's possible that without it the cross-eyed paint app may not be as apparent as it is with the mask on.

There really are bad eye paints though, like one iris too far up compared to the other.

I had a hard time choosing at the local store where I got mine. Like 3 of the 5 they got were cross-eyed. I think it's a common problem with this fiugre. While I was repainting mine last night I notice that the eye sculpt itself is a little asymmetrical and looks more so when under the cowl. I suppose they had the eyes painted before the heads were put on the cowl and it's possible that without it the cross-eyed paint app may not be as apparent as it is with the mask on.

It's definitely an issue with this one. All 4 I have seen, the left eye is looking at his nose Lmao

It's the cowl that is making it look cross eyed for the most part. I guarantee all the ones people are seeing aren't all messed up, especially if you're looking at it through the window with only overhead lights.

I thought mine were all messed up and derpy, until I laid the figure on it's back and looked at the eyes from the bottom up. They're both perfectly straight looking dead center.

Thanks Guyver. :1-1:

I haven't really got enough room for another 1/4, it's only because it's Keaton Bats that I'll make room!

Just looked and I can get the West Bats for £18 ($29) if I used all my points on him! :lol

I feel your pain mate as I'm currently doing an early spring clean in the hopes of making some room for my collection.

It's the cowl that is making it look cross eyed for the most part. I guarantee all the ones people are seeing aren't all messed up, especially if you're looking at it through the window with only overhead lights.

I thought mine were all messed up and derpy, until I laid the figure on it's back and looked at the eyes from the bottom up. They're both perfectly straight looking dead center.

wut

:monkey4:monkey4

I noticed the same thing on mine. Definitely the cowl.

I agree, very much. Thought I got a bad one until I looked at him closely. Triple check the eyes, they're probably fine!

Same here, it was the cowl that made him appear cross-eyed. However I've seen a couple figures at the store with really bad paint job on one eye. Both had the left eye looking way up if viewed from below.

Anyway, here's my repainted NECA 89 Batman, my first attempt at repainting a headsculpt. I made the white of the eyes smaller. I think my paint job on the eyes doesn't look as good head-on as it is in certain angles and profile. Anyway, it's on those angles where it can be seen that NECA's got Keaton's likeness under the cowl really well IMO :clap

P1020664_zpse4ccb231.jpg

P1020663_zps5378a6d0.jpg

P1020665_zpseb77118f.jpg

P1020666_zps0f186781.jpg

P1020668_zps5bb82517.jpg

P1020667_zps3b667921.jpg

P1020669_zps37e37b94.jpg

P1020671_zps8b16dde7.jpg

That's an awesome repaint HeubertMichael, but make no mistake, shame on yous for pics of Batman in daylight. :lol

Great job, Heubert! Glad to see someone else repainting their Keaton too. His face looks a lot more natural now. You did an awesome job! You're right about his eyes being tricky to paint with the cowl on.

I've got another Keaton on the way and plan to remove his mask to repaint his entire face and eyes. And yes, I'll be sure to post pics without the cowl so we can all see what's under the mask :)

Back