NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived from Entertainment Earth a little while ago and he is awesome! Nearly flawless I have to say. And no crossed eyes, thank the Lord! :D

Thanks NECA!

Randy hooked me up with the unmasked pic!!!!

I have no doubt that they are thinking ahead to Batman Returns now... :)

Sallah

Wowsers! I never would've imagined there was a full head sculpt under the hood.

BatmanReturns419.jpg

How did u get the mask off with out cutting it?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

Boiled the head for a while and pushed it out. The head got really distorted from the pulling and the heat, and actually separated down the seam. So it came out in two pieces. It's also glued in with a little spot of glue at the top of his head.

Seriously, how awesome is NECA?

Planning a repaint, Saigon?

NECA is truly awesome. They went the extra extra mile to maintain the illusion that there's a face/head under the cowl, by actually making a face/head under the cowl!!

And yeah, this will be my second Keaton repaint. First one I just did with the cowl on. This one I'm planning to repaint with extra detail since I wont have the cowl to hinder me. Also plan to widen his head and neck to make him more movie accurate.

Also, for those who suffer from a crossed eyed Keaton, it really is just due to the cowl being crooked (as many members have already pointed out). The cowl is VERY pliable and super easy to adjust if you boil the head. By putting the head in boiling water (leave for about 30-45 seconds), you can push/adjust his mask (while it's still hot) and make his eyes straight. Once he looks good to you, run him under cold water and the mask should be set in place. You may have to do it a couple times to make it perfect, but it actually works.

Thanks again for the kind words on my repaint, guys!

Oh man there's actually a FULLY SCULPTED KEATON HEAD under that cowl! That's really awesome. Nice of NECA to not have gone the short route while other companies might have said "we really don't have to do that, do we?".

I think it's possible to make a Batman returns ripped cowl version out of this, using a few sculpeys and a little repaint. The cowls are almost identical from the neck down anyway. Just resculpt the bat-emblem. Then sculpt some added hair, as well as the torso on the armor. The shoe differences aren't that noticeable too.

Now thinking of buying a second one for that. LOL

Back