NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Masks are much easier to replicate than a face. Human faces are something that we generally attribute as unique and focus a lot of our attention towards. When someone sculpts a face its harder to try to get all the imperfections/ details that our eyes normally capture. However a mask is generally symmetrical and usually very smooth with very little minor details.

Also this mask is off. This is the Arkham Origins Batman which should have smaller ears. The Arkham Asylum/City has very tall and slender ears. However the face sculpt of the mask is very much like the Origins Mask.

That packaging is pretty decent. Does give a 60's vibe. But I think I'm going to pass on WEst Batman and just pick up Keaton for now. Until the Arkham Origins ones is released.

They can take as long as they like, as long as they turn out okay.

It seems like every time there's a new reveal of the two of them the sculpt is down graded. I just hope the final product turns out great and looks closer to those protos from Toy Fair. The ones at that show almost looked photo realistic, especially the sculpt texture. Now? You can sort of see how odd they've started to turn out with each new pic. It's especially noticeable on the West figure with the flat, cartoony looking features,

neca3.jpg

neca4.jpg

bmn.jpg

neca2.jpg

If the latest pics of the figures are on the right then they've improved both of these figs. West always had that mortician pasty corpse look to him in the suit. I dig the look.

BB

I can't believe the final product for the Adam West Batman turned out SO good! From those eBay auction pictures, all the details in sculpt and paint carried over into the finished production figure.
I really like the packaging too! I'm glad I ordered 2.
Great job, NECA!

Grrr it looks great! Makes me want it now. My plan is to pass on this because I have the Mattel 6" Bat & Robin with the Batmobile. Oh well maybe I'll figure something out, :lol

I'm just waiting for Keaton right now, should be next month with Gipsy. I

I passed on West Batman but its looking pretty good. Damn I know I'm going to end up biting and buying it... I really shouldn't. I never really watched the TV show but its Batman...

I heard the 1/4 scale 89 Batman was being pushed back because NECA were not happy with it. I hope this is my rep getting it wrong but he says next year now.

I heard the 1/4 scale 89 Batman was being pushed back because NECA were not happy with it. I hope this is my rep getting it wrong but he says next year now.

Damn I really was looking forward to him by Christmas... That just pushed the Origins figure back also...

Which is odd considering out of all the new things NECA has shown, their Keaton Batman looks like their best collectible.

I'm a little sad that I won't get it anytime soon if thats true but then I'm happy that they're trying to work on it more. When they tweeted that picture of the Origins Batman, he said early 2014. So probably January/February for that. Maybe even as late as March. Who knows with NECA since West and Keaton were suppose to come out in July/August.

I think your rep may have got some bad info... I just tweeted a question over to Randy Falk at NECA asking if Keaton Bats would be out by Christmas. His reply:

Should be here before Thanksgiving even. Samples are looking good and packaging is completed and being printed in China now.

He also said in another tweet that Keaton was running about 3 weeks behind West. So I think we are looking good for a late November/ early December release! :yess:

Sallah

I think your rep may have got some bad info... I just tweeted a question over to Randy Falk at NECA asking if Keaton Bats would be out by Christmas. His reply:

Should be here before Thanksgiving even. Samples are looking good and packaging is completed and being printed in China now.

He also said in another tweet that Keaton was running about 3 weeks behind West. So I think we are looking good for a late November/ early December release! :yess:

Sallah

Well thats awesome... That's good to hear...

Can't wait for this guy. Hopefully it turns out great and neca starts cranking out more cuz at this price point I could afford to have a much bigger collection!

Sallah

Good to know mate i was hoping he had heard some bad info. I usualy know more than him so i was suprised when he said that. Did Randy say when we would see a production sample?

Back