NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that tweet says a lot about Jack Nicholson's fees huh.

Yes, I agree that BTAS and Batman Beyond would look great in 1/4. Not a tough job for NECA to pull as the sculpt and paint would be simpler! I do prefer Arkham City suit over Origins suit as well, but would wait to see how NECA pulls that one off.

Yeah the sculpts should be relatively easy for the animated suits and nobody has really taken the time to actually make some high quality figures for those costumes. I'm sure the BTAS has a huge following and its definitely worth putting in the effort.

I wonder how long Neca has the DC license. Hopefully a really long time so that we can get a lot of figures in 1/4.

I would go crazy if they released a BTAS line for 7 inch figures. I think it would be just as popular as the predator line. They could do a Batman, Robin, and Joker in series 1. A Kenner Inspired Batman, Catwoman, Two-Face for series 2. There's a lot of material for them to work with if they could just acquire that 7 inch scale.

They could even do a special Batcave or Batmobile type of deal like the Predator trophy.

I pre-ordered from Gamestop.
Cheaper than any other online retailer at only $80. Plus FREE S&H. Just pay sales tax.

I like this figure & plan on getting one. The adam west figure-not so much. I like the idea of the animated series & would love to see that happen!

Last edited:
I can't wait to get this!Now that they are close to releasing the 89 Bats as well as the Adam West version,i'm hoping that they do all the Batmans from every film!!I know that some of them were kinda stupid but it would look AWESOME to have them in 1/4 scale lined up!WOW....!*_*

Looks like this one will ship before the West figure. Amazon just updated my shipping estimate on the '66 version to Oct. 25.

EDIT: Gamestop says Nov. 15 :(

Last edited:
Then that means this Batman will be pushed back too.

They both seem to be in the exact same stages of development. I bet they're both available around the holidays after these delays.

BTWMJRoCYAAZNbo.jpg:large

OMG I need this badly now...

Man Neca have done a great job with Batman he will do me nicely.

That makes me so sad. I really wanted this batman in october.

They can take as long as they like, as long as they turn out okay.

It seems like every time there's a new reveal of the two of them the sculpt is down graded. I just hope the final product turns out great and looks closer to those protos from Toy Fair. The ones at that show almost looked photo realistic, especially the sculpt texture. Now? You can sort of see how odd they've started to turn out with each new pic. It's especially noticeable on the West figure with the flat, cartoony looking features,

neca3.jpg

neca4.jpg

bmn.jpg

neca2.jpg

Last edited:
I can see were you are coming from and I think that the ones we pick up will look somewhat different from the Toy Fair display.

Still if he turns out looking like that picture were he has his cape expanded then I will be happy with him and any improvements will be a bonus.

The Toy Fair ones were probably hand painted and used higher quality paints where as the SDCC might have been what they would get from the factories in china which is what we should expect to get.

It seems like every time there's a new reveal of the two of them the sculpt is down graded. I just hope the final product turns out great and looks closer to those protos from Toy Fair. The ones at that show almost looked photo realistic, especially the sculpt texture. Now? You can sort of see how odd they've started to turn out with each new pic. It's especially noticeable on the West figure with the flat, cartoony looking features,

neca3.jpg

bmn.jpg

The only thing a little "off" in the pics on the right is the lips.

Only god knows when last I knew it was late oct... But who knows now...

There hasn't been any updates on the Batman figures. The West Batman is going to come out before and that still hasn't come out yet. I'm guessing West Batman comes out probably towards the later half of this month and Keaton Batman comes out at the second half of November.

neca3.jpg

neca4.jpg

bmn.jpg

neca2.jpg

Neca needs to charge $10 more and do nice paint aps on their faces..these are bad- probably worse when we see production pieces.....MOS Supes anyone?

Neca needs to charge $10 more and do nice paint aps on their faces..these are bad- probably worse when we see production pieces.....MOS Supes anyone?

Couldn't agree more. On the other hand, it'd be nice if they offered unpainted also, since I end up repainting them anyway. :D

I made mine a little more vibrant since the cape is so bright red but the pics make it look over the top. The blue is pretty close to the movie in person.

IMG_20130926_191639.jpg

Last edited:
Back