NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turner ‏@dulleraxe

@NECA_TOYS which dc characters from dc line will be coming preferably from the batman line
Expand

Feb 21 NECA NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS

@dulleraxe all we are discussing is what was shown at Toy Fair. West Batman, Keaton Batman, and MOS Superman are coming. Maybe Joker next?

MOS was shown???

I hope it's Romero Joker.
:pray:

I think with the revisions done to the headsculpt this figure will really look amazing. cant wait to see the final product. if the revisions are made ill be picking up at least two of these. one to display and one to keep mint in box. also REALLY hope neca bring out Nicholson Joker to go along with Keaton. its a MUST HAVE!

Yes, the Nicholson Joker will rock with the Keaten Batman.

The Big Question ist how good can Neca make the headsculpt, Hot Toys Nicholson is near perfect.

And Neca sculpt the cloaths, im not sure how good look this.
Batmans cape are real cloathing, maybe real cloathing on the Joker looks better.

Yes, the Nicholson Joker will rock with the Keaten Batman.

The Big Question ist how good can Neca make the headsculpt, Hot Toys Nicholson is near perfect.

And Neca sculpt the cloaths, im not sure how good look this.
Batmans cape are real cloathing, maybe real cloathing on the Joker looks better.

I stress the word near. His drawn on eyebrows really bother me and his hair is too flat and he has the giant lump of a PERS door on his head. It's pretty close, but it looks like more of a interpretation of Jack made more menacing. His face isn't chubby enough, Jack started putting on weight in the 80's.

I agree with snake. the hot toys jack joker is fantastic and has a great likeness however I personally believe on a number of occasions neca have beaten hot toys in terms of likeness and a 1/4 jack joker from neca could be really amazing. it COULD be better than hot toys attempt in terms of likeness. on a side note maybe they could give us an alternate head sculpt too - white skinned classic joker head sculpt AND tanned make up joker, or possibly "Boo!" joker after vicky throws the water at his face.

I agree with snake. the hot toys jack joker is fantastic and has a great likeness however I personally believe on a number of occasions neca have beaten hot toys in terms of likeness and a 1/4 jack joker from neca could be really amazing. it COULD be better than hot toys attempt in terms of likeness. on a side note maybe they could give us an alternate head sculpt too - white skinned classic joker head sculpt AND tanned make up joker, or possibly "Boo!" joker after vicky throws the water at his face.

I wouldn't doubt that NECA might be able to surpass it in likeness, but in the paint app department it will still be inferior. I would take likeness over anything personally.

yeah the only problem I have is the 66 batman figure's blue doesnt match the cape..and the 89 batman's head sculpt it really rough looking not smooth like latex.

@snake and bonesaw, I dont think that Neca make on Nicholson a better Job than Hot Toys. Neither on likeness or paintjob.

Yes some sculpts are amazing, for example the Hudson sculpt.
But too many sculpts are not so perfect.
The Schwarzenegger sculpt(compared to the new HT Facesculpt, Enterbay and the Dutch PF) have some inaccuracies . His lower jaw are to wide, a V- shape on the face was more accurat. The nose and the lips can be a little bit wider, his chin is to long and the cheekbones are not sdgy enough.

To the paintjob, neca experimented with transculent plastic. Very cool, but its to glossy(compared to the high end textures) and the painting of eyes are a big problem. Neca must find a cheap, but effectively technique to do them.

The Keaton Eyes looks a way better than the dutch eyes, but both are prototypes.

DiFabio's photoshop is utter perfection to Keaton's likeness in B89.

I think the only essentials NECA needs to touch on in terms of 1/4 th movie Batman figures, and what would most likely be the highest movers and ultimately the most important, popular and engaging characters from the films:

Batman (Keaton from B89)
Joker (Nicholson from B89)

The Dark Knight (Bale)
Joker (Ledger from TDK)

All of these would sell like hot cakes.

And MAYBE if we're lucky:

Batman (Bale from BEGINS)
Bane (Hardy from RISES)

And it unfortunately sounds like Bane isn't even a lock, even though he's the most important villain in the series not named the Joker.

When we have luck, youre right.

For me, the Begins costume is the best Batman design of all movies.

The bulky panther neck and the muscular shape are so cool.

The TDK and TDKR costume is for me to skinny.

But it would be cool if neca make this with a second Bale head.

Has anybody else seen this...NECA posted on Facebook that since Toy Fair they've gone back and refined the Adam West 1/4 figure. Maybe they're doing the same to the Keaton Bats as well. Check out the screengrab I attached...

That West figure looks fantastic. I have high hopes for the '89 Batman.

Back