NBC Adapting DC Comics' 'Constantine' With David Goyer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed it.
Pilots are always a bit of a test bed, I'm looking forward to it settling in for the rest of the season.

Well the pilot of Flash sold me immediately, I expect the same from this, if it doesn't deliver, I won't commit to it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I watched most of it but missed the first half, I liked what little I did see, I'm going to check it out later today on Hulu.

The guy playing Constantine did a decent job, IMO.

I thought so too; he's very different than the Keanu version, so found myself constantly doing comparison's in my mind

An ok writing, but too cliche'd and TV'd for the dumb audience.
Lead character is boring and has no attitude.

Absolutely uninspired directing, no mood or style.

Lucy Griffiths - the only one playing decently.

Jesus, there's something in this show, potential, the guy playing Constantine isn't bad but...

Riddick's right, it's got no style and just beyond insipid and rather dizzying directing, awful editing, everything's crammed up..

It's like they're in too much of a hurry to cover the story or to engage the audience that you don't really get a chance to taste anything, which is a shame cause the story seems very interesting.

This may have a shot if they change director.

Acting in general isn't bad, delivery sin't bad per say, but the pace ruins everything.

Unwatchable, minute 20 and I want to watch X-files instead.

I'm gonna watch it till the end just cause they showed Dr. Fate's helmet, maybe I'll support this if it means having other characters.

Nah, I'd rather give all my support to the Flash.

Another reason to watch X-files instead, the smoker.

So far, X File > Constantine

I don't see why not, it's on at 9 pm. Seeing the things Hannibal got away with on the same network in the same timeslot, I can't imagine smoking would be a huge issue.

He can't smoke on NBC...it's dumb, but they don't like it. So you will see him at some point holding a cigarette...but he won't won't be walking around with it smoking. That's why they gave him a lighter, like he's Pyro from X Men 2 (film) :lol

Jesus, there's something in this show, potential...
Well, it is based on pretty damn awesome concept which was greatly explored over the years via comic books.
Other than that? Just production quality.

It's got no style and just beyond insipid and rather dizzying directing, awful editing, everything's crammed up.. It's like they're in too much of a hurry to cover the story or to engage the audience that you don't really get a chance to taste anything, which is a shame cause the story seems very interesting.
Me after "Da Flush" pilot. :lol

My understanding - that's how pilots are made nowadays.

Me after "Da Flush" pilot. :lol

My understanding - that's how pilots are made nowadays.

I remember :lol

But the Flash pilot was MILES better than this one imo.

The editing was proper, the pace was good, good supporting cast, they take their time developing everything, good direction in general, everything Constantine fails at, the Flash gets right.

So I finally finished the pilot, paused it 20 minutes from the end and did other stuff until I gathered enough strength to finish it later :lol

It kinda picked up, the pace slows down in the last 15 minutes to a watchable rhythm, that dude playing Constantine does a very good job, too bad it's shadowed by a lousy production, anyway, yeah, there's potential for this and for other characters like Zatanna or Fate.

The outro was pretty cool.

So I finally finished the pilot, paused it 20 minutes from the end and did other stuff until I gathered enough strength to finish it later :lol

It kinda picked up, the pace slows down in the last 15 minutes to a watchable rhythm, that dude playing Constantine does a very good job, too bad it's shadowed by a lousy production, anyway, yeah, there's potential for this and for other characters like Zatanna or Fate.

The outro was pretty cool.

I don't think it makes it to a second season :lol Gotham might get a second season and Flash is going to be just fine. 2 out of 3 ain't bad for DC. They should be doing the bunny dance :bunnydanc...that bunny is adorable, look at him go :D

Yeah no, if it keeps like this it won't make it to season 2, but SHIELD was this bad when it started, and stayed bad for the end of the season and got a season 2, so who knows? :lol They say it's good now, I don't believe it.

Haven't seen Gotham, I'm honestly not interested, for those kinds of dramatic conveniences and retcons in Batman's past, I'd honestly rather see Gotham high :lol

But I hear it's an ok show.

The only one that has me hooked is Flash, I might start season 2 of Arrow down the road.

I caught 5 mins of this and found it horribly dreadful. The special fx were meh, the dialogue was worse and the acting left much to be desired. One less show on my roster.

Back