NBC Adapting DC Comics' 'Constantine' With David Goyer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta love NBC. It's okay to make Holmes a tweaker, but God forbid Constantine happens to be a chain smoker.:lol

Yeah, he could actually take some pointers from Keanu..... I never thought I'd say that in my life.

Ha ha, wow... my thoughts exactly! I actually just went back to that movie to re-watch the ending, that was a great representation of Constantine.

Constantine is one of those movies that every now and then I get a bug up my butt and have to watch it so I hope this series is good. I'd almost rather it was on a network that would allow for a little more nasty stuff. I'm afraid if they get too into the demonic stuff on a normal network like NBC it may get blasted by religious/family groups and cancelled. I'm crossing my fingers that it's as faithful to the comic as they can get.

Ha ha, wow... my thoughts exactly! I actually just went back to that movie to re-watch the ending, that was a great representation of Constantine.
Yup, I even liked the concept of a dark haired Constantine.

I loved the film and there aren't many Keanu films I will say that about.
I know, the only movies I genuinely like are Matrix (even 2 and 3), Constantine and the day the earth stood still, only because the role suits him so right :lol

Constantine is one of those movies that every now and then I get a bug up my butt and have to watch it so I hope this series is good. I'd almost rather it was on a network that would allow for a little more nasty stuff. I'm afraid if they get too into the demonic stuff on a normal network like NBC it may get blasted by religious/family groups and cancelled. I'm crossing my fingers that it's as faithful to the comic as they can get.

this is exactly what will happen.... I would be surprised if it makes it to a second season, you know they are already complaining before it even aired.

I don't know. Hannibal gets blasted by the zealots (see Buttmunch's posts about having to wait a day because the Utah NBC affiliate refused to air it, so their CE affiliate picked it up), and it's still going strong. I know it's kind of like Apples and Oranges (cannibals and demons), but, with the success of shows like Supernatural and Grimm, I could see it having some longevity.

I'm not sure how I feel about it, I was really excited and it might be a really good show but I don't really like this Constantine.

not necessarily. well I do love the movie, I guess this guy feels too jumpy and happy? some people are saying this is based on the new super hero constantine comics so I guess I should check those out

Yeah, I can kind of see what you mean, there. Appearance wise, I think he looks perfect, but I always imagined John as a sort of cynical bastard with very, very loose morals (if he even has them). Kind of makes me wish some channel like HBO could've got this. A hard drinking, chain smoking denonologist who's main motivation, in anything he does, is himself.

yeah....

he seems kind of too nice in this trailer, I don't know. I have a hard time seeing a guy like Constantine being so jolly when he has to deal with so much darkness. I guess we will have to see.

yeah....

he seems kind of too nice in this trailer, I don't know. I have a hard time seeing a guy like Constantine being so jolly when he has to deal with so much darkness.

Or worst, being so jolly knowing you are going to hell. Constantine is an extremely selfish person. So much so that, despite of all his efforts and services again the evil forces, he is still doomed to hell (mostly because he is only doing it seeking salvation). Now and then you see some glimpse of a nice guy. I see none of that there.

I'm thinking here, how great would be to have someone play Constantine on TV, much like Matthew McConaughey portrayed his character on True Detective?

The trailer for this strikes me as remarkably bland, save for a few small moments. Gotham looks good, but this feels like cheap crap the CW would pick up.
:slap Just diluted and tastelessly commercialized beyond recognition. I'll take Keanu's Constantine over this any day. While the actor looks the part, the feel of Hellblazer just isn't there.

I, too, would be surprised if this makes it to a second season. It definitely won't make it to three.

Back