Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so happy that someone has finally made an official 1/6 Uncharted figure, with that said the facial likeness is not quite there yet. I'll hold off on judgement until I see the final in-hand product, hopefully it will be tweaked.

I'm so happy that someone has finally made an official 1/6 Uncharted figure, with that said the facial likeness is not quite there yet. I'll hold off on judgement until I see the final in-hand product, hopefully it will be tweaked.

Sadly, in the final product, it won't be the sculpt you're disappointed with. It'll be the paint.

I agree. Hopefully it will be tweaked.

Well all I can say now is it's bought, however the sculpt has likeness if they would have proportioned the head the proper way. Thing about nate is, his head isn't long it's wider.
pwqq.jpg
egsy.jpg

Someone ought to do the same thing they did with Indy, where they shrink down the PF head and offer it in 1:6th. What is it with these damn adventurers and their lack of consistency between scales?:lol

I think some of this is on SSC's part, because Trevor Grove posted the raw sculpt on Facebook, and it looks fantastic.

Yea please link us, I'd hate to think Trevor dropped the ball :\ Either way, it's a definite purchase for me.

It's hard to capture a video game likeness but that just looks off. Even the hair looks a little lighter in the photos and Drake has a deep brown hair color. I realize that can be the lighting though as well.

However, with this paint-job, the sculpt just doesn't even look like Drake. It looks like the sculptor picked some real life person and copied it with Drake's hairstyle put on top.

with 3D models you can rotate around inside out you say it's hard to capture them nowadays?

they don't even need to dig out magazine thumbnails for reference.

It's hard to capture a video game likeness but that just looks off. Even the hair looks a little lighter in the photos and Drake has a deep brown hair color. I realize that can be the lighting though as well.

However, with this paint-job, the sculpt just doesn't even look like Drake. It looks like the sculptor picked some real life person and copied it with Drake's hairstyle put on top.

Back