Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW I guess it depends on who makes yours in the factory, I've been quite lucky reading some of these posts, no loose joints, no pink eye and the sculpt is pretty good on mine, can't complain... too much.

It's crazy how some are fine, some are not. Mine doesn't have any real problems and I've gone ahead and gently smushed his head down his neck further.

Mine has conjunctivitis. But it doesn't bother me because he looks like he got his ass kicked.

Well done you guys removing the eye piece! That's the kind of griping I like to see. This doesn't look right, so I'm going to start by ripping it apart to make it awesome. :rock

This is the first Sideshow figure I've bought in at least 2 years so I'm quite impressed overall. I love the body and the clothing/accessories are all better than I remember.

Mine has conjunctivitis. But it doesn't bother me because he looks like he got his ass kicked.

Well done you guys removing the eye piece! That's the kind of griping I like to see. This doesn't look right, so I'm going to start by ripping it apart to make it awesome. :rock

This is the first Sideshow figure I've bought in at least 2 years so I'm quite impressed overall. I love the body and the clothing/accessories are all better than I remember.

So the shoulders on yours doesn't click correct? It's just an issue with mine and the doll shouldn't do that?

I've been trying to get his head down more, even sanded the ball joint, no luck tho :(

Try modding the neck like Hot toys dutch. I think you need to remove the rubber inside the head or maybe a little more hard push will get it down.

Won't push down, don't think I wanna star cutting the rubber tho, it'll do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another one.

JIkKCkX.jpg

tumblr_inline_n7t973kFwq1srwt8s.gif

I cut down the eye plate. Once that is done the head goes to that shape.

I have no idea on the eyes. I had never heard of the game till the figure came out. This was just a fun personal project.

Looks great Robbie!! Now THAT is the figure everyone should have been made. That is the closest I've seen it look like the proto.

I would grab this figure if I had the talents to modify it like some of you. But I don't. :(

That's a great repaint! Those eyes really pop out at you, in a good way.

It's just a shame that the head doesn't really look like Drake. They should have just printed out the video game models head.

That's great. So much better than the turd sideshow gave us. His eyes are the wrong colour Robbie but the face and hair and beard are just perfect.

They should have just printed out the video game models head.
I've talked about something like this before. For a licensed statue/figure/collectible of a videogame model, why do they not simply ask for the 3D model to print out? I mean it already exists right?

I think it has been done already for that tLoU statue included with the special version of the game here:

The-Last-of-Us-Characters-Sculpt-joel-statue2.jpg

Although, that statue didn't quite turn out as nice (I still want it though :lol) as one might want, because of the paint app, & maybe not being a more higher end collectible. So I guess not as much care went into the QC for it. But the idea itself, of printing out the actual 3D data, sounds really cool to me.

why do they not simply ask for the 3D model to print out? I mean it already exists right?

I've seen people ask this frequently, so I'm not sure if me stating this here will end this line of questioning, but when people make videogames, it's out of polygons. It's literally making a wireframe, and wrapping texture around it. It's an empty box, or paper mache, however you want to look at it. It's essentially an object with no volume.

When you make a 3D print, it has to have volume, 3D printers print in various ways, but most of them all print in layers, like an onion. It's completely different from the way videogame models are built. But in any case, 3D printers and videogames work in entirely different technologies, so you can't print a videogame model. You have to re-create it. Having said that, some of the artists that worked on Last of Us have modeled the assets in the software that can create 3D printable files, but it's not like they're just going to give it to people so they can create their own custom figures.

robbie's work is amazing :horror Now I want one of those...only if he paints it for me >.>

Back