Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robbie, that looks stunning!! I just want to mirror the posts in here about sending ours in to you! Is there any chance you would open up shop for that?

Crap, I wanted this then I was like better to spend $ on real world stuff, then I'm like I want this. I have 58$ in rewards so it would be around 130$.

Got my Drake figure and couldn't stand leaving it as the big jawed, puffy faced, wonky eyed thing it was out of the box. Took some of the great tips from this board and dismantled the head, cut down the eye plate, heated up the head to reshape it a bit, and repainted the eyes and face.

Don't think mine's quite as good as Robbie's, but I'm infinitely happier with the figure now.

14349905219_2a86397e54_c.jpg

14535534612_19cc93f420_c.jpg

14349901479_a4effbd31a_c.jpg

14533138571_2e2962dfba_c.jpg

14349880140_dbacf46269_c.jpg

14536503075_8afbaf7996_c.jpg

14556645313_d36d9aca4b_c.jpg

14535532322_08f249a342_c.jpg

That looks great. My problem is I will reshape it and it will turn out like Corky Drake.

Did a little more work on this guy. The hands really jump out in the photo but they are a lot more subtle in real life. Still going to repaint them anyway.

gXNp5y7.jpg

DRAKE!!!! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU!!!:rotfl
Paid 120.00 shipped. Overall Happy:yess: Will send head sculpt for a repaint! INCOMING!!!!!:lol
Hand gun missing clip :gah:

Last edited:
Got my Drake figure and couldn't stand leaving it as the big jawed, puffy faced, wonky eyed thing it was out of the box. Took some of the great tips from this board and dismantled the head, cut down the eye plate, heated up the head to reshape it a bit, and repainted the eyes and face.

Don't think mine's quite as good as Robbie's, but I'm infinitely happier with the figure now.

How much plate did you cut on that eye plate? Planning to cut mine but will not repaint it coz im a bad painter

Did a little more work on this guy. The hands really jump out in the photo but they are a lot more subtle in real life. Still going to repaint them anyway.

gXNp5y7.jpg

Looks great! :clap

How much plate did you cut on that eye plate? Planning to cut mine but will not repaint it coz im a bad painter

I cut away everything below the red line in this pic. Doesn't seem like much, but it did the trick.

NateEye.jpg

Awesome work Robbie. That looks fantastic. The stubble and darker hair really help. Especially the stubble on the neck. That looks better than the prototype IMO.

I cut away everything below the red line in this pic. Doesn't seem like much, but it did the trick.
Thanks mattman.

Guys i need your suggestion on my nathan. The headsculpt is ok for me but im having second thought on the neck, Does it look long neck or it looks normal? i can't seem to push it down more. Should i keep it or send it back to sideshow? Thanks guys looking forward on your inputs
IMG_2753.JPG
IMG_2756.JPG
IMG_2755.JPG
IMG_2761.JPG

I've seen people ask this frequently, so I'm not sure if me stating this here will end this line of questioning, but when people make videogames, it's out of polygons. It's literally making a wireframe, and wrapping texture around it. It's an empty box, or paper mache, however you want to look at it. It's essentially an object with no volume.

When you make a 3D print, it has to have volume, 3D printers print in various ways, but most of them all print in layers, like an onion. It's completely different from the way videogame models are built. But in any case, 3D printers and videogames work in entirely different technologies, so you can't print a videogame model. You have to re-create it. Having said that, some of the artists that worked on Last of Us have modeled the assets in the software that can create 3D printable files, but it's not like they're just going to give it to people so they can create their own custom figures.
I'm not saying to give the data to random peeps for custom figures, I'm talking about proper licensed products. Work with them, or even request to have a 3D model printed out.

Videogame artists are using ZBrush to build 3D character models, those are the 3D models that I'm talking about, that I think would be really cool to have printed out for our figures. I'm guessing Nathan Drake, Joel, Ellie, Naked/Solid/Liquid Snake ..... etc, & a bunch of other AAA videogame characters, already have some type of official 3D model, that is able to be 3D printed.

I think this is done in ZBrush. So it's printable right? Or am I missing something & this can't be 3D printed? I'm not super knowledgeable about ZBrush.

attachment.php

& print this for me :lol

attachment.php

The hair may be a bit raw, but I'll take it over what we already have, plus I'm guessing it could be tweaked. Or there may even be better printable 3D models of the characters that I haven't found anyway.

I would totally buy that.

The thing about videogame figures is that these high end companies tend to take liberties with the sculpt, trying to make them more "realistic" and in the end looks little like their in game counterpart. Take Snake for example, even the hair is completely wrong:

mgsjpg.jpg

Back