Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I tried to attempt the modding of the face following what some of you had posted and it does look better as far as thinning the cheek line's down but the eyes.... the damn eyes look like crap now =( I am almost feeling obligated to find another one and just replacing the ugly ass head or trying to find someone who has a nice custom mold/sculpt that is pre-painted to sell. I think I bit off more than I could chew, normally I can handle little things like broken belts/pouches but this was a bit out of my field that I am familiar with and I totally felt like I botched it.

Doesn't sound that bad, you can always send it to a painter, especially one familiar with the head.

I'm unfamiliar to most of them on this forum, would there be anyone in particular that you would suggest I contact?

First of all; I apologize for my bad English, I'm Italian and I try to do my best! ^___-

the eyes are the most difficult part to customize

when the head is complete (with the eyes on) i've spread the down part of eyelids with a back of a big needle, this part is thin and is possible to mold it

aflter i've painting a little dark grey line on the top of the eyes, for eliminate the scared eyes

see the pictures, from left to right: normal face, squeezed face and painted eyes (scared eyes), molded eyelids (with a needle back manipolation), and at the end a dark grey line for make the eyes more small and realistic.

sidesho drake EVOLUTION.jpg

the second-last was not to bad, but is resembled too animated cartoon and not realistic man

Got my photos of my repaint of Sideshows Nathan Drake headsulpt. Sinag55 resculpted the hairline and did a killer job on the paint.
7e57cb2d932809a1807868feb9df640b.jpg

5b1903be1a65e4874d6232206edaafd4.jpg

65edbc5f387fef0a5aefdd6ec5234496.jpg

60246ffcba67907b54cf70d54e50a4dd.jpg

b5bda3481ea7e1316ad290e05601b819.jpg

This is what it should look like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Holy cow that looks SO MUCH better! I just sent Sinag55 a PM inquiring about him doing the same for mine!

Stunning work! Now if SS would learn from their mistakes and do Uncharted 4..

Sideshow will only find some new way to screw it up.
Their next adventure figure after this was Indisna Jones and the temple of the shrunken head with oversized hat.

Sideshow will only find some new way to screw it up.
Their next adventure figure after this was Indisna Jones and the temple of the shrunken head with oversized hat.

It's funny coz it's true... :exactly:

Edit: This was my first figure after buying Collector Editions with figures, and a couple of PKA, and at the time I thought it was pretty good despite it's flaws. It's funny how a couple of years of buying Hot Toys can change your mind..

I did the eye mod on mine before I sent it to him.

What do you mean by "eye mod"? You mean cutting the excess parts of the inner eye piece? I'm curious in case there are any other mods I'm not aware of. :lol

What do you mean by "eye mod"? You mean cutting the excess parts of the inner eye piece? I'm curious in case there are any other mods I'm not aware of. [emoji38]
Yes cutting down the eye plate to make the head thinner.

I've read a lot about the "eye mod" or cutting down the eye plate on this figure, but I'm having trouble identifying what exactly that entails.

Is there a video on YouTube or a post on here that explains how to do this process, or can someone who has already done it guide me through it? I tried using the thread search tools in this thread and I searched YouTube, but I haven't had any luck.

Here's a post showing the face plate and where to cut. Hope this helps.

51d0c4f2187bf2c82d6de259c2f5e9d8.jpg

Here is a pic someone posted. Sorry was digging through post and used the pic. Forgot the name. I think it may be rorywan?

Got my head back from Sinag55. It's amazing. Stock head on left.
6513d465acd878b186db04a418023684.jpg

29fad361f519be21f9ff6cb074e0a437.jpg

d068223211e3ef273b22b3a1ce2f400c.jpg

Back