Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi-ho everyone!
I know you all are probably just sick of talking about this figure and it's crappy problems (which is just a crying shame, because it's Nathan Drake and he should be awesome wherever he is!), but as a late-comer to the discussion, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it's worth it to, at least, paint his eyes?
I stupidly did not research what people were saying about this figure, and when one came up on Ebay, I was just so excited at the thought of owning some Uncharted memorabilia (and after loving the faces on my two Sideshow Captain America figures), I bought it.
Like everyone else, I LOVE the body and clothes. The face is too chubby, but I'm too inexperienced with resculpting to fix it they way some of you nifty folks have. But the eyes. OH the eyes. Not only are they green which is just wrong, but they are looking in two different, derpy directions. Guuuhhhhhhh.
I am so miffed right now. I cannot believe somebody packaged this figure up thinking it was saleable.
However, I am an artist and I'm confident with what I'm capable of, however I wonder if painting them would make that much of a difference, considering his facial shape is wonky to begin with.
I'm kicking myself for spending the money I did on something so messed up.
Any tips or tricks would be helpful!

I wouldn't get discouraged. It's entirely possible to mod him to look good, you'll need to cut the eye piece, reshape the head and get a full repaint. There are plenty of painters and modders here that could do it if you have zero skills at these.

Painting the eyes DOES work for the look you're going for, but your first priority is to reshape the head back to what it's supposed to look like.

It's obvious that something went horrible wrong during the molding process, which is the eye piece that totally ruined the head, but thankfully it's not something that can't be fixed.

I've been wondering lately in a joking kind of way whether it would work putting the Mal Reynolds head from Firefly onto the body... Nathan Fillion looks more like Nathan Drake than this sculpt.. ;)

I've been wondering lately in a joking kind of way whether it would work putting the Mal Reynolds head from Firefly onto the body... Nathan Fillion looks more like Nathan Drake than this sculpt.. ;)

Man, I so want that Malcolm Reynolds figure.

I just finished modding mine, but didnt have to resculpt anything. I will take pictures once at home. All i did was soften the head in hot water and yank out the neck socket which is a swine to do, remove and trim down the sides of the eye plate. Soften the head and push his eye bags in a fraction so he has a more serious clint eastwood look rather than wide eyed n shocked. Test the eye plate until your happy with the position then glue it in place, neaten up the head socket and shove it back in place, then glue it. This is the important bit because now the eye plate "wings" have been removed the cheeks and jaw now press in much further against the socket, i used a spanner/wrench to make sure nothing unglued away, so left nathans head sat snug for a few hours to set in place.

a9814500f3749ebadee19575acf9eac7.jpg
ed3baa9d137507d481696fe1fe322b3b.jpg
14fe0593c37c2bf563b6022cafdc1ba7.jpg

Sideshow is having one of their contests for the 1/6 figure. Being that it's a contest semi-close to U4 release, do you think it could mean they're going to work on Uncharted 4 Drake? :)

I've had this figure for several months now and came to a conclusion that the figure and the headsculpt are FANTASTIC, the likeness ti Drake is really spot on BUT something went horribly wrong during the production where the head became bloated due to to the eyepiece and the paint application is sub par at best. Sideshow had the best of intentions, and the best headsculpt too, but they knew they got a deformed head and decided to ship them as the final product anyway.

This is not unlike the QMX Malcolm Reynolds figure where it suffered from the same exact issue but unlike Sideshow, QMX bore the loss and did the cast all over again and gave away the deformed head as a free accessory.

BOTTOM LINE, if you're a hardcore Uncharted fan like myself, this is an excellent figure to get PROVIDED you can reshape the head and get it repainted. If you can't do those, then don't bother, he's a joke out of the box.

Also, if you don't mind spending money on a custom sculpt, it could be a really nice figure. From the neck down, it's a quality offering.

Yeah I have been going back and forth on getting this guy. If they make one for 4 I would probably get it. A second chance maybe what Sideshow needs.

Well, not only the 1/6 figure, but I'm more interested in a Premium Format again. I just bought and am awaiting the PF for U3 Drake (watched so many videos and just had to have it!). So I'd be interested to see what a PF format would look like.

You are in for a treat. The Nathan Drake PF is one of my favourite collectibles I own.

I guess I'm in the minority but in hand I felt the head sculpt wasn't too bad! Is it perfect? No. Do I wish it looked like the prototype? Most definitely. But if you're a fan of the games and Drake I say go for it.

I guess I'm in the minority but in hand I felt the head sculpt wasn't too bad! Is it perfect? No. Do I wish it looked like the prototype? Most definitely. But if you're a fan of the games and Drake I say go for it.
Agreed. Maybe I just got lucky with mine, but it was in no way the horror show people were making it out to be.
ef2c30c8e980a196f1f41241d9ec1389.jpg
84af29632666ac886a8ce68a2f93bc23.jpg

It's not bad at all, it just got disproportioned in the factory. Nothing some hot water, a saw and repaint can't fix.

It's not bad at all, it just got disproportioned in the factory. Nothing some hot water, a saw and repaint can't fix.
In my experience, you didn't even need to do that. I suppose it's down to the individual. It's a bit like all the complaints about Snake, but to my eyes I didn't have a problem how the likeness turned out. Again, I suppose it's personal perception.
291fdd51b3fdee05eaff363925613443.jpg

Hi guys, not a regular poster on here but do check back from time to time to take a look. Mostly collected Buffy figures so far, never been to excited about the sideshow 1/6 figures quality. As the Nathan Drake collection for PS4 came out I started looking around for the Nathan Drake figure, but been very sceptical about it, I checked almost all of these 208 pages to see what you guys did to your figures, you improved them so much. Ive been able to find that figure for a decent price and cant wait till it arrives. I dont dare to repaint the head, but will cut the eye-piece of course. Also having a Kai Studio head comissioned. Will post pics as any of these arrives.

Back