Name what you collect from Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm kind of all over the board when it comes to Sideshow products: Twisted Rabbits, Bond, Universal Monsters, Marvel, SW, LOTR. I tend to dabble in various formats within these lines, not being a completist of any one thing. But LOTR comes first and foremost when deciding to purchase new product, followed by Marvel and SW.

Outside of Sideshow I focus mainly on GG. But I also dabble in other lines as well: NECA, Medicom, Diamond Select, etc.

I wished I was one of those collectors who could focus a collection on just one movie or just one format. Would save me a ton of money!

Mainly:

LOTR PF (I have all one of them)
SW PF (OT baby!)
SW 1:1 busts
Some Marvel PF
Some Uni Monsters PF

... anything else that catches my eye (John Wayne)

All 1/6 lines
All PFs lines
Most Vs.
Most Marvel archives
anything WoW
random statues that catch my fancy

I mainly collect Star Wars stuff... I was collecting Marvel Sideshow but then I had to choose and went for SW and LOTR so I sold the whole Sideshow Marvel collection.

My collection consists of:

Sideshow Star Wars PFs (the whole line including Luke Tatooine exclusive and Han Rebel Hero... I have the 2 regular too so as of now I have 8 SW Premium Format Figures)

Sideshow Star Wars 1:1 Busts... (Darth Maul and Greedo)

Sideshow 12" figures (the whole line, all exclusive figs)

Sideshow Lord of the Rings PFs... Lurtz Exclusive

The whole Gentle Giant busts, statues, dioramas and animated maquette collection.

Some Master Replicas (Luke ROTJ lightsaber, Darth Sidious lightsaber, Jedi Training Remote)

I'm stopping my Attakus collection and I'm selling all my Star Wars Attakus statues... I think I'll keep just Artoo which is signed by Kenny Baker on the base.

First & foremost

The SSE Vintage Monsters PF Figures

The SSE Vintage Monsters 12 inch Figures
(I am missing The Son Of Frankenstein SSE 12 inch figure)

Some Colored Vintage Monsters 12 inch Figures

Some SSE & Colored 8 inch Vintage Monsters

Vintage Monsters Little Big Heads Sets of all kinds

Vintage Monsters Bobble Heads

Vintage Monsters Pozers

Vintage Monsters Life-Sized Busts

Star Wars 12 inch figures

SAW

AVP Hot Toys Kits

Terminator

Last edited:
Collecting used to be so scattershot, and I bought a lot of stuff that I don't have as much affinity for as I once used to. Most of my collecting is coming from Sideshow, though I am still reading comics.

Buffy/Angel - 1/6 scale only
Star Wars - 1/6 scale only
Lord of the Rings - 1/6 scale and PF, considering how slow the PF line is, I can afford to save up for it
Modern Horror - Jason, Freddy, and the Dead, as Sideshow doesn't make much else

I also collect old video games and systems, but my collecting for that kinda died when I ran out of time to play stuff.

Just decided two days ago to stop collecting GG Mini-busts. (I only had 5 anyway).

Here's all my budget can afford:

SS Star Wars 12" completist (Ex/Inclusives only)

SS Scarface completist

SS Marvel PFs and Comiquettes and LS Busts (don't like the VS. or Diorama's too much)

Random Comic Statues from C.S. Moore, Tim Bruckner, and now, Andy Bergholtz :monkey2

The occasional DC Direct action figure, and McFarlane's Napoleon Dynamite figures (and the upcoming Nacho Libre)

SS Gift Cards (can't seem to use them, so I guess I have to collect 'em) :D

Bodie The Cursed said:
From Sideshow I only collect the Marvel PF's and comiquettes I like..

i could have sworn i read that you collect the "World of Froud" line as well

:lol j/k James

I collect:

Twisted rabbits
Marvel - archive set, PF, Dios
The Dead
LOTR figs
Medieval Kurgan :eek:
Anything Vampyre related

Polystoner said:
...SS Gift Cards (can't seem to use them, so I guess I have to collect 'em) :D

Hey! I collect those too!!! I have about 12 so far, but I'm looking to finish the set and get at least one from every promotion!!! :D :rotfl

Everything Universal Monsters-themed — except the SSEs; Everything Buffyverse-related; Star Wars 1:6; whatever else may strike my fancy — even Bobble Heads!

lcummins said:
Hey! I collect those too!!! I have about 12 so far, but I'm looking to finish the set and get at least one from every promotion!!! :D :rotfl
Lonnie, you are truly a Sideshow Über-Kollektor!

nmrcnc.jpg

FrankenFan said:
Everything Universal Monsters-themed — except the SSEs; Everything Buffyverse-related; Star Wars 1:6; whatever else may strike my fancy — even Bobble Heads!

Lonnie, you are truly a Sideshow Über-Kollektor!

Well, from the list below, I need a card from the Sculpting A Galaxy book and The Fellowship DVD; anybody got one they aren't going to use??? :rotfl

gc_comiccon.jpg
Comic Con 2006July 18-23 2006San Diego, CA$10 - $100
gc_castatefair.jpg
CA State Fair and ExpoAug-Sept 2006Sacramento, CA$10 - $100
2156.gif
Sculpting a Galaxy - Limited EditionWinter 2006Worldwide$50
gc_fotrdvd.jpg
The Fellowship of the Ring DVDFall 2006Worldwide$25 or $50
1312.gif
Count Dooku Character KeyFall 2006Worldwide$5
gc_dragoncon.jpg
DragonCon 2006Sept 1-4 2006Atlanta, CA$10 - $100
goldengiftcard.gif
Golden Gift Card PromotionFall 2006Worldwide$10 (4 at $500)

You do know I am just kidding right?:rotfl Although, I will collect them if anyone wants to send one my way... :D

lcummins said:
You do know I am just kidding right?:rotfl Although, I will collect them if anyone wants to send one my way... :D

Yes, I know; I saw the whacky emoticons indicating you were being a silly.

But still... Isn't it amazing that within 4 minutes of my post, you had a listing of past promotions accompanied by their respective icons, with hyperlinks?!?

I repeat: you are a Sideshow Über-Kollektor!

mlv.jpg

FrankenFan said:
Yes, I know; I saw the whacky emoticons indicating you were being a silly.

But still... Isn't it amazing that within 4 minutes of my post, you had a listing of past promotions accompanied by their respective icons, with hyperlinks?!?

I repeat: you are a Sideshow Über-Kollektor!

mlv.jpg

I will humbly accept you praise, but...

...I just copied and pasted from the Gift Card page on Sideshow's site. :lol

lcummins said:
I will humbly accept you praise, but...

...I just copied and pasted from the Gift Card page on Sideshow's site. :lol

In light of that, I'll append my praise: you are a crafty Sideshow Über-Kollektor!

prmtv.gif

Back