My idea for a third batman movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, because a grown-ass man in a rubber bat costume fighting a crazy clown and a living guy with half his face blown off is documentary-style stuff right there.

I'd rather be entertained than watch a drawn out, pretentious, wanna be mob-movie with Batman characters thrown in to sell tickets.

I liked TDK, but on my fourth viewing really couldn't understand the fuss. It's hot now, but I think in ten years, Batman Begins will be seen as the superior film.

People who think that TDK is prententious, really have poor taste.

is The Godfather pretentious? No, not one bit. Its a character film. While I'm not a huge fan of it, I understand what it is, and the care that was put into the movie.

Making a film deep, with characters who are well developed isnt pretentious.

The fuss is, the film is just GOOD. Its not about Ledger, its not about Bale, its about how all these peices come together to make a film that is really amazing. BB is NOT better. Close, yes. But not better.

Have you ever read the comics? Batman's best stories are taken seriously and if you take the characters and story seriously, most of the audience actually cares about what happens in the movie.
You honestly think Tim Burton did a better job than Nolan with Batman? The first was "okay" but Batman Returns really is not good at all. The Penguin runs for mayor. My God, what a plot!

While Nolan's films feature stronger screenplays (that still have their flaws), Burton did a fantastic job at creating a Batman film that was still relatively dark and serious, but they still had a sense of fun and humor, without going all Schumacher on the material.

Batman should be dark, but if that means taking the fun and humor 100% out of the film, then it doesn't work for me. That is the reason everbody praises the Joker in TDK, as he is the only lively and funny character in an otherwise dull, dark and morose universe.

I don't know about you, but to me, the whole idea of a costumed superhero is ^^^^ing ridiculous and trying to be too "dark and gritty" with the source material kills it, because it's a completely goofy concept. I personally found TDK's interrogation scene unintentionally hilarious, because you have this guy in a bat costume talking with a Clint Eastwood w/ throat cancer voice, beating the ^^^^ out of a clown, in this drab, serious setting that looked like something out of HEAT (which was the original intention.)

And yes, you can have a serious, "dark" comic book that isn't affraid of humor. Look at Watchmen. It's message is pretty deep, and the story has alot of layers, yet, it isn't affraid to make you realize how ridiculous some of the stuff really is, and it often has a toung-in-cheek sense of humor about itself.

I'm sorry I like to actually have fun with my comic book movies. Then again, my favorite James Bonds are Roger Moore and Sean Connery, so what the ^^^^ do I know? :monkey1

Well...nothing apperently. ;)

I'm glad we can have serious comic book films, without all the happy wappy bull^^^^. He didnt save the day, he didnt get the girl, and everyone hates him. Yet he still does his job.

Thats what makes Batman a true hero. Not killing a 100 people for fun....

I'm glad we can have serious comic book films, without all the happy wappy bull^^^^. He didnt save the day, he didnt get the girl, and everyone hates him. Yet he still does his job.

Did we see the same movie? Because of Batman, Gordon's family survived, Two Face was taken out, and The Joker was defeated and taken away by the SWAT guys. Except for the little Rachel detail, he pretty much did save the day.

While Nolan's films feature stronger screenplays (that still have their flaws), Burton did a fantastic job at creating a Batman film that was still relatively dark and serious, but they still had a sense of fun and humor, without going all Schumacher on the material.

Batman should be dark, but if that means taking the fun and humor 100% out of the film, then it doesn't work for me. That is the reason everbody praises the Joker in TDK, as he is the only lively and funny character in an otherwise dull, dark and morose universe.

I don't know about you, but to me, the whole idea of a costumed superhero is ^^^^ing ridiculous and trying to be too "dark and gritty" with the source material kills it, because it's a completely goofy concept. I personally found TDK's interrogation scene unintentionally hilarious, because you have this guy in a bat costume talking with a Clint Eastwood w/ throat cancer voice, beating the ^^^^ out of a clown, in this drab, serious setting that looked like something out of HEAT (which was the original intention.)

And yes, you can have a serious, "dark" comic book that isn't affraid of humor. Look at Watchmen. It's message is pretty deep, and the story has alot of layers, yet, it isn't affraid to make you realize how ridiculous some of the stuff really is, and it often has a toung-in-cheek sense of humor about itself.

I'm sorry I like to actually have fun with my comic book movies. Then again, my favorite James Bonds are Roger Moore and Sean Connery, so what the ^^^^ do I know? :monkey1

I completely understand, it's just a conversation I've had with my older brother too many times. He prefers the Burton films, and LOVES Batman Returns. I was always the comic nerd and he was the movie nerd. Combines we should use our powers for good, but we usually just get drunk, argue over stupid crap and end up looking through our SW collections :D

As a side note on Burton, I forget how much I completely LOVED Sweeney Todd. The music in that movie was brilliant, as was Depp. I do like Tim Burton, to me he's just wrong for (my) Batman.

i'm finally starting to understand you, this statement was completely correct.
batman saved NO ONE! NO ONE!! Gordon and his family lived b/c of dent's coin, dent died, joker was taken away, rachel (slut) died, and batman is a villain. the only people who see him as heroes are gordon and his family, batman, and probably alfred. Everyone else hates him b/c of his own lies.

:Dbtw celticP, u argue everyone's points, but u never state what u want to see in a move. What would YOU like to see in batman 3???:D

:gunP.S. yes, i stole ur words, and also you will not get them back!!!!!!:gun

I know this sucks to even think about, but what if Nolan said "no" to a third. Who would be capable of finishing the story? My first pick (for obvious reasons) would be Michael Mann himself. Capable of telling a great story with many characters, and Nolan was aspiring to tell a "Michael Mann" film with TDK.
Like I said, sucks to even think about and I'm positive Nolan will return, but what if?

no.
no.
no.

that is all that i have to say to ur comment. NO!!!

P.S. Still waiting to hear what CelticP wants for a third movie.

i'm finally starting to understand you, this statement was completely correct.
batman saved NO ONE! NO ONE!!

Except all the hostages that were on the bus by preventing them being shot by Gordon's MCU when they were dressed as clowns.

Or all the passengers on the boats by stopping the Joker detonating the bombs via his remote link to them.

So while it can be argued out of the major cast there were members he didn't save, he did save a lot of citizens.

How about Coleman Reese? Saved him. Batman saved many people in TDK, just the ones closest to him he could not. That's the tragedy of TDK.

How about Coleman Reese? Saved him. Batman saved many people in TDK, just the ones closest to him he could not. That's the tragedy of TDK.

Good point, although did Batman save him or Bruce Wayne ?

Admitedly you'd like to have thought Gordon could've done something, we don't want him turning into Pat Hingle's Commissioner Gordon, starting out strong and turning into a mentally deficient piece of comic relief.

But is very true, Bruce seeing what his quest has cost him and may continue to cost him should he continue.

Alfred: "You have inspired good. But you spat in the faces of Gotham's criminals and you think there might be some casualties? Things were always gonna get worse before they got better."

I think it will force him to seclude himself from people except Alfred and Fox. "Becoming lost in the monster he's created". That's where I could see Catwoman working in the 3rd film. Someone who can take care of herself and a vigilante in her own right.
So many possibilities Nolan could take the 3rd film, exciting to think about!

But Goyer ruled out the possibility that Catwoman will make an appearance on the third movie. He also ruled out the Penguin for that matter.

Back