My idea for a third batman movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cripes.....only a few people want Tim back. Thankfully most will disagree with you.

Oh and Vil, stop stealing my words.

You do realize that in the comics, joker would never stay in Arkham. He ALWAYS escapes. ALWAYS

I read in a comic once where Joker said that he can escape from Arkham anytime he wants. He stays there only because he thought that it's funny.

Creepy...

At least Burton knows how to make a stylish and entertaining film (Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow, Batman, Batman Returns, Pee Wee's Big Adventure,) not just a bunch of morose dramas.

Style doesn't beat substance. I enjoy Ed Wood, Pee Wee, Big Fish, Edward Scissorhands and can appreciate the first Batman. Nolan is a far superior storyteller and makes compelling, deep characters that drive the story, not set design like Burton. Sorry, Nolan FTW.

I agree with CerealKeller with this one, Burton can weave a wonderfull fairytale-esque story and is ideal for a highly stylised view of reality.

I do feel that his films have a lost the unique imagination that they did, wether this is due to how he's matured as a film maker, or just the demands of studio's giving him more money which has restricted what he can do because they've added a list of demands he has to stick to.

His recent films (with the exception of Corpse Bride) I've felt have been rather lifeless and forgettable. Plus his usual standard cast doesn't leave for many suprises. Regardless of what he says consistently casting his wife in prime roles is nepotism at its finest.

I am looking forward to seeing what he does with Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I think he's the ideal director for it.

Nolan is far more ideal to handle Batman though (and the receipts have proved that one) the characters have a greater depth and complexity, than the somewhat 2D nature of Burton's characters.

Burton is and will always be style over substance
Nolan is substance over style.

Soooo... ive been giving it a lot of thought, for chris nolan's next movie, what if he has harley quinn played by helena bonham carter, View attachment 10836 and someone sexy to play catwoman, perhaps charlize theron View attachment 10837. And at the end of the movie, harley would release joker (possibly Daniel day lewis).
How would that be????

I think joseph gordon-levitt would make a hell of a joker!

I'm just saying let Nolan finish his third, and bring in Burton for a fourth. Nolan is probably already creatively tired of Batman, and is only going to direct a third because of studio pressure.

Yes, but after TDK's mammoth success, you can bet Warner's will do everything in their power to get him back.

I'm just saying let Nolan finish his third, and bring in Burton for a fourth. Nolan is probably already creatively tired of Batman, and is only going to direct a third because of studio pressure.

Uh....so we go from realistic....to cartoony? No thanks. Its fine how it is. The characters finally mean something. I'd rather have that then a stylish gothic town.....

JGL would either be some carbon copy of Ledger, or ruin his character. Stop with this recasting crap. It will not ever happen.

Uh....so we go from realistic....to cartoony? No thanks. Its fine how it is. The characters finally mean something. I'd rather have that then a stylish gothic town.....

Yeah, because a grown-ass man in a rubber bat costume fighting a crazy clown and a living guy with half his face blown off is documentary-style stuff right there.

I'd rather be entertained than watch a drawn out, pretentious, wanna be mob-movie with Batman characters thrown in to sell tickets.

I liked TDK, but on my fourth viewing really couldn't understand the fuss. It's hot now, but I think in ten years, Batman Begins will be seen as the superior film.

Yeah, because a grown-ass man in a rubber bat costume fighting a crazy clown and a living guy with half his face blown off is documentary-style stuff right there.

I disagree with this. I think Nolans take on these movies has made it belivable.
Begins show how much emotion was possible with the idea of Bruces parents being murdered and him seeking revenge and going through the process of becoming batman. It didn't just skip this or show it shortly and have a fat guy in a rubber suit fighting a clown.

Then the dark knight came and f you had watched begins you already knew most of the characters and felt for them.
When I watch a Burton movie ( although I love them ) I can't see it as belivable or even near realistic although with Nolans takes I actually can.

I would rather have a movie in which I can feel for the chracters and understand what everyone is going through rather than just watch a guy in a bat suit fight a clown with barey any emotion.

I see Burtons movies less serious , easy to understand and more fun. I see Nolans as serious and with a complexed story which is much more belivable and thats something I personally prefer.

Have you ever read the comics? Batman's best stories are taken seriously and if you take the characters and story seriously, most of the audience actually cares about what happens in the movie.
You honestly think Tim Burton did a better job than Nolan with Batman? The first was "okay" but Batman Returns really is not good at all. The Penguin runs for mayor. My God, what a plot!

Back