My Hot Toys Stark Mansion - BIG changes at the Stark Mansion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Presenting my Hot Toys Stark Mansion

Very nice! :clap

The Monaco Grand Prix display from IM2 with Stark and Vanko is especially cool. Nice work!

SUNDAY UPDATE

I didn't get much done this week. I finally found a good deal on a Mark 1 but that's about it

Wow!! That's one amazing display!! :clap :clap Great job!! :rock

Thanks

Very nice! :clap

The Monaco Grand Prix display from IM2 with Stark and Vanko is especially cool. Nice work!

That diorama is pretty much the only area that I consider done.

I eventually hope to achieve that level of detail in all of the display

Right now I am concentrating on the kitchenette area which was from IM2.

It has been very difficult tracking down items to flesh this area out

Wow this is an AWESOME display!!! Did you make all of the little cabinets and tool chest?

Beautiful work. I love all the little details you've put into it. So cool!

SUNDAY UPDATE

I concentrated on the kitchenette area this week. I wanted to accessorize it to look like this scene from IM2

And I think I did a pretty good job

The appliances, dish rack and dishes are all Barbie accessories that I bought pretty cheap and then painted to the have the look of the items in Tony’s kitchenette. The knife is from my Amber Figure and I have some limes on order but they could take a while to get here. The liquor bottles are easy to find, I just have to figure out which brands I want but the pill bottles are going to be a chore. They are expensive and not very realistic. I may end up making those myself.

I know this isn’t a perfect copy of but it’s close enough for me.

I wanted to add some ceiling lights in this area and didn’t really know what type I wanted to use and then I noticed the set designers figured it out for me. As you can see there is a square soffit with 4 can lights

This is what I came up with. I built and painted a soffit and used 4 LED panels that cost less the $1 a piece.

As you can see in the first picture it provides a very natural looking illumination to that area, not too bright and the light washes the area just as it would in a room.

The more I work with this, the more I realize that if you use multiple scaled down multiple light sources the environment looks a lot more natural.

The next area I plan to work on is the Armor Assembly Bay which is going to have some very interesting features

Beautiful work. I love all the little details you've put into it. So cool!

Thanks. Its the little details that makes this fun for me. Sometimes I make them, some times I hunt them down on the net but either way it's like a mini win when I get something new. F

or example, the Jukebox was a little bit of a challenge. I could find a variety of them but they were all too small, then I thought maybe some company made an clock of radio that looked like a juke box and that's when I found a couple "vintage" British radios on eBay and was able to get one for about $10.

So... When do I move in?

Weekly rates vary due to seasonal conditions, email me for rates :)

Weekly rates vary due to seasonal conditions, email me for rates :)[/QUOTE]

Ha harsh landlord hehe

You're doing an awesome job with the dioramas as well as finding parts and pieces to furnish your set with :)

SUNDAY UPDATE

I started to work on my Armor Construction Bay this week and since it is more of a project then simple update I started a separate thread for it which is at

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...on-armor-construction-bay-custom-project.html

In this pic you can see the beginnings of the Armor Construction Bay and some new accesories:

The air compressor, compressed gas tank and a vice are all new and seem to work well in this area, however, I thought the compressed gas tank looked odd being painted that weird color of green so I customized it by giving it a light coat of flat white paint and some custom labels:

I think it looks a lot more realistic now:

I also received a package of limes and used a small prescription conatiner lid for the bowl. I found some tall clear glasses like the type he drank the chloroform from in IM2 on eBay and I received a mark 6 Arc reactor, which is sitting on his table for now

Ha harsh landlord hehe

My wife would disagree :)

You're doing an awesome job with the dioramas as well as finding parts and pieces to furnish your set with :)

It's hard to make a collection of 1/6th scale figures stand out from the others. To me the figure is just the basis of the display and I enjoy the building/hunt for accessories more then when I receive a new figure.

My wife actually had a bigger reaction to the working hoist then the Bones Figure we received

My wife has a big reaction whenever I buy a new figure or start a new kitbash
"How much?!!"

Just love seeing the progress your making on this project Dave...real dedication buddy! Congrats :clap

SUNDAY UPDATE

I spent most of my time working on the custom Armor Construction bay this week.

I got most of the extremities modified and now I have to figure out how to get the torso of Bones apart so I can install the main control board from the Mark 3

It's coming along nicely :)

I found a super detailed 1/6 guitar on ebay for about $18 shipped and it arrived this week, now I just need an amp

This just keeps getting better and better! You have put in so much amazing work and it shows in every pic. I look forward to seeing your progress, although the this is probably a project that will keep growing. Fantastic to witness, thanks for sharing!

SUNDAY UPDATE

I got a lot done on the custom Armor Construction bay

I removed the beam lifting apparatus from the hoist system and replaced it with a single chain. I think it looks a lot better.

I also ordered another HPP Hall of Armor bay and plan to use the back control panel for this display. I’ll modify it to provide power for the entire Armor Construction Bay display.

I also wired up the base and top panels for the Avengers Detention Cells.

I’m using a single 12vdc 1 amp power supply to run them all in parallel

I’m still waiting on the EL wire and I have to find a 6.5” hole saw to make the holes in the cabinet so these don’t look so thick

Back