My Holy Grail "The Green Hornet & Kato" 66 TV Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Calvo

Super Freak
Reaction score
I finally got a decent head sculpture of the Green Hornet and a good coat. I got the figure on eaby from I think one of the Freaks from the forum.
I changed the every thing but the head and coat. Spent a week working on the coat so that it look right to me. I am really happy of the way he came out. If anyone has a suggestion let me know.
the Hornet's gas gun is from a 3D printer.

That does look awesome! I too have been wanting a 1/6 Van Williams Green Hornet for a long time. Check out this one I saw on ebay a while back. The seller said the head was digitally sculpted. It is definitely the most accurate 66Green Hornet head sculpt I've ever seen $_57 (2).jpg
$_57.jpg

Take the black buttons and pockets off the jacket and I'd say that's the best Hornet figure ever. I mean everything about the head is perfect. The hat is spot on and that is definitely Van Williams face! Winning bid for this bad boy was just $209.00 I would have jumped on it if I had the cash at the time.

Last edited:
I have that Green Hornet. It was a Grail for me as well. My Enterbay Kato felt incomplete without him.
It was sculpted and painted by Todd Grimes who also did the Lone Ranger sculpt in the picture below.

15864466884_e7745799f6_b.jpg

I replaced the gloves with Jim Gordon's. One day I would like to get a better coat for him (or remove the buttons and pockets)

Very nice Hornet, El Calvo. Like the coat on yours.

OMG I'm SOOO JEALOUS!
Congrats man!
Is This Grimes fellow making and selling anymore Hornet figures????
My Enterbay Kato needs one too!

Heck man that's such a great sculpt the coat is a non-issue. That IS the Green Hornet!
GAH! Your so lucky:wink1:
And what a killer pic of him there with his Great Great Grandad! Look how cool he looks! So Awesome:goodpost:

Last edited:
Thank you!

Every once in a while he offers a Gren Hornet on EBay under the name xipplefix.
He also offers other sculpts on Shapeways which is where I picked up the Ranger sculpt.
I should be receiving a Guy Williams Zorro sculpt from his Shapeways shop this week as well.

OMG I'm SOOO JEALOUS!
Congrats man!
Is This Grimes fellow making and selling anymore Hornet figures????
My Enterbay Kato needs one too!

Heck man that's such a great sculpt the coat is a non-issue. That IS the Green Hornet!
GAH! Your so lucky:wink1:
And what a killer pic of him there with his Great Great Grandad! Look how cool he looks! So Awesome:goodpost:

ALanJG1 yea I like the head sculpt you have. looks good, I wish Rainman would make a custom of the Green Hornet. I want to see if I can commission a custom made coat for my Green Hornet. Next I want a Golden age Green Hornet.

Thanks El Calvo,

Let me know about your custom coat commission. I might be interested in getting in on that :)

Todd Grimes does offer a Golden Age Green Hornet sculpt in his Shapways store.
10954730_384504175053011_1809691198_n.jpg

ALanJG1 yea I like the head sculpt you have. looks good, I wish Rainman would make a custom of the Green Hornet. I want to see if I can commission a custom made coat for my Green Hornet. Next I want a Golden age Green Hornet.

My apologies to the OP, El Calco didn't mean to hijack your thread. Your GH looks great too, way better than the Medicom vinyl statue of him that I'm rockin:cuckoo:
I just can't get over how good that Green Hornet looks. Hey Alan do you have a pic of him with your Kato?
Do you have a link and is it okay to post it? or could you pm me ?
Why are the ebay pics of him so bumpy/blurry. Its nice to see that's not the case, in your pic the sculpt looks smooth.

Last edited:
Shape ways currently has both GA and 60's GH just type in 1:6 green hornet head

where? I can't find it

This is a link to Todd Grimes Shapeway store:
Hot Serial Toys by toddhgrimes on Shapeways

I only see the Golden Age head for Green Hornet there though. He does have other great items as well.
If you purchase anything from the store, I would recommend getting the white plastic cast and having it painted.
The prepainted sandstone will have a grainy look to it.

My apologies to the OP, El Calco didn't mean to hijack your thread. Your GH looks great too, way better than the Medicom vinyl statue of him that I'm rockin:cuckoo:
I just can't get over how good that Green Hornet looks. Hey Alan do you have a pic of him with your Kato?
Do you have a link and is it okay to post it? or could you pm me ?
Why are the ebay pics of him so bumpy/blurry. Its nice to see that's not the case, in your pic the sculpt looks smooth.
I just took this quick pic of Green Hornet and Kato.
16883690418_b051a27032_b.jpg

This is a link to Todd Grimes Shapeway store:
Hot Serial Toys by toddhgrimes on Shapeways

I only see the Golden Age head for Green Hornet there though. He does have other great items as well.
If you purchase anything from the store, I would recommend getting the white plastic cast and having it painted.
The prepainted sandstone will have a grainy look to it.

I just took this quick pic of Green Hornet and Kato.
16883690418_b051a27032_b.jpg

Awesome pic! Thanks for posting it and the link. Much appreciated! They look amazing together. My Kato has more of a moustache for some reason. I'm afraid to try and fix it.
I will be looking for another Hornet figure to pop up, oh yes it will be mine, lol

I saw it listed but i think it's under another name not green hornet try his alt identity. I saw it the other night.

Back