'30's Era Green Hornet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thainer

Super Freak
Reaction score
Adding to my Pulp Hero collection by doing the Green hornet in a '30's-'40's style. I bought the Playing Mantis Captain Action redos of the Green Hornet and Kato based on the '60's TV show but they just didn't do it for me. I tried to do this a while ago but I had a horrible time with the overcoat. but i bought an ACI trenchcoat off a guy on SSF and had another go at it. It was still horrible. Dye didn't stick so I went at it with a green marker and that sucked too. So I bought some green chalk at the dollar store and smeared that on and Dull Coted it. It still looked a little rough so I decided that this was the Green Hornet at the end of a rather trying mission and when I did the face i gave him a bit of a five o'clock shadow to imply that he had been away from home for awhile and was not very fresh. The head is a Mezco Spirit with a Playning Mantis Kato mask with the paint stripped off and a Sideshow Indy ferdora that I got off someone else at SSF. Hasbro Snake Eyes hands and Storm Shadow gun. Hasbro Invisible Man shirt and tie and Diamond Select Jack Bauer pants. ( the hollering sniper-which I never got. Shouldn't snipers be stealthy? lol) Hvae plans for a '30's era Kato, too. With the jacket and bow tie. Just need to find time and the right HS.

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

That looks pretty cool but you know there was a Green Hornet serial in those days. I also might have a head you could use for Kato, I’ll pm you.

greenhornet30.jpg

Last edited:
Cool. Thanks, Spenser. I think I have a pair of those goggles somewhere. And I tried to watch the serial online one night but the video quality was so bad I couldn't see the Green Hornet well enough to copy anything.
And TA, that is possible because I didn't think the Mezco Spirit looked anything like Gabriel Macht.

Back