• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE: Custom 1/6 ZARDOZ (Sean Connery) figure with horse and accessories MUST SEE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthrapoid

Super Freak
Reaction score
SOLD to SSC member pcleemake on ebay for $325.

For those of you who are familiar with and love John Boorman's ZARDOZ, this custom 1/6th figure is for you.
Before I describe it in detail, I'll let the photos do the talking.
mqn4.jpg
6cl1.jpg
ev8z.jpg
vn0t.jpg
r64n.jpg
qhcp.jpg

Description: I painstakingly researched and executed this custom, piece by piece.
I am asking $315 for it including the horse, ($325 on ebay) but I will consider any reasonable cash offers. (No trades please) Shipping within the USA is $20.00. If you're outside the USA, we will need to discuss shipping costs to your country. Insurance and tracking included of course.

HEAD
The cast resin Sean Connery head sculpt was bought online, and radically modified to become ZED.
The facial hair, sideburns, top-hair and braid are sculpted from a flexible black polymer clay.

MASK
The two-faced mask, front and back, was also sculpted from the same flexible polymer clay. It fits over the head sculpt perfectly, and was carefully painted to match the 'war paint' coloration seen in the film, to a very high degree of accuracy. The final product is flexible and unbreakable.

BODY
The body is from the Hot Toys ALIENS Colonial Marines Drake figure, with added chest hair details. The rubber body is in perfect condition, and has no visible seams/joints at the shoulders or elbows. I inserted some padding into the torso, to give it some Connery-bulk. The arms have an internal armature which is in perfect working order. I have not bent them often, so they will last a long time with care. Sean Connery's own arm tattoos were also added, which can briefly be seen in the film. The chest hair and tattoos were coated with a thin layer of superglue to fix them in place and prevent smearing. The result is matte, not shiny. I used the Hot Toys Rocky Muscle Pants (new version) to thicken the legs, and to avoid any joints being visible in the hip and groin area. This was a critical addition, considering the skimpy costume would have made the hip joints painfully obvious to see otherwise.

COSTUME
This was the most time-consuming aspect of all. I fabricated the crisscrossed bandoliers, (filled with Dragon brass rifle shells in the film-accurate slots) the waist-sash, 'bikini shorts', buckles, and even sewed the thigh boots by hand from thin soft (but strong) leather. The so-called 'bikini shorts' were fashioned, wrapped and tied in precisely the same manner as seen in the film. I cannot overemphasize how much trouble I went to in order to be film-accurate.

HORSE
I bought a Dragon 1/6th scale WWII German military horse, and modified it to match the actual horse that ZED rides in the film. This includes the color of the nose, a completely new mane and tail of the correct color, (the original horse figure came with a black mane and tail, which I removed. The new light brown ones are film-accurate, and very firmly set into place) forehead markings, white patch on front leg, stirrups, leather straps, leather halter and bridle with metal buckles and bit rings, braided leather reins, simulated sheep skin saddle, (weathered/dirty) bedroll blanket, and more. The horse figure has articulated legs, but I think it looks most dramatic when in a standing-still pose.

ACCESSORIES: Now the fun part!

REVOLVER
ZED's weapon of choice is the Webley-Fosbery .455 caliber Automatic Revolver. KILL THE BRUTALS!!! Um... anyway, years ago, I purchased a Sideshow Frank Black figure (Lance Henriksen in the Millennium TV series) only because he came with an old WWI Webley revolver identical to ZED's in ZARDOZ, with one difference: the spindle. The one ZED used had a zig-zag pattern on the spindle, while Frank Black's did not. So, I fabricated a new spindle with the zig-zag pattern, and installed it into the revolver. Now I can die a fulfilled, happy man.

M1 CARBINE RIFLE
Third party item, with added leather strap. Working breach action.

BULLWHIP
I bought an Indiana Jones leather whip, and painstakingly braided some extra length into it, for accuracy. I altered the handle grip for accuracy, and dyed it black as well. Sean Connery isn't actually seen using a whip in the film, but some of his fellow exterminator buddies are, so I had to include the whip.

SABER
I found a very nice third-party match to the sabers seen in the film. Even the scabbard is an excellent match, and is currently tied onto the horse's saddle. It can be untied and removed.

SPEAR
This weapon I fabricated by hand, except for the metal spear head. I added the correct leather grips, and the long leather tassels, and the spike at the rear end.

GREEN BREAD
How could I make a ZED custom without including the infamous green loaves of bread? What secret ingredient was used to make the bread green? One can only speculate... I sculpted and braided the loaves with green flexible polymer clay, and baked them (read: painted them) to a mouth-watering golden brown on top. Two loaves are included.

BOOK COVER: The Wizard of Oz
Using Photoshop, I reconstructed the detail of the particular book cover seen in the film, and had it printed on card stock. All you need to do is fold the cover like a book, and fill it with a few small sheets of paper to give it a bit of thickness. I have many extras of this printing available, which I'll throw in the box.

Well, that's about it... More photos will come soon.
"THE GUN IS GOOD."

Last edited:
Back