My Hasbro Sidious repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, definitely looks better than that terrible paintjob Hasbro slapped on there!

Perhaps there really is a good sculpt under the paint... Although that's to be expected, I think, since towards the end they didn't bother sculpting heads and just scanned the actor's faces in 3D instead... :rolleyes:

Good work, reminds me I really should do this to mine.

OK finished the painting, I had to put His head back on the Hasbro body because I dont have any other bodies lol. Any who I think he turned out pretty good I will post pics a little later.

Ok here he is. What do you think? This is my first attempt at eyes the right one I may redo looks a little off to me.:gah:
Sidious1.jpg
Sidious2-1.jpg
Sidious3-1.jpg
Sidious4.jpg
Sidious5-1.jpg
Sidious6-1.jpg
Sidious7.jpg

:horror That's great! I don't think I can do any better.

The eyes are slightly cross-eyed, it seems... but it's really hard to tell, they look amazing! The area around the eyes seems really pink though... perhaps you should tone that down just slightly (perhaps water down some of the paint you used for the rest of the skin? :huh)

Great job, I'll have to try repainting mine! :clap

Yea in the pics it does look a little pink but its a bit darker dont know why it showed up like that I thought it was weird. And I think that right eye is what makes it look a little cross eyed I am going to have to fix it. I did it three times last night lol

cameras do distort the colour alot especially with different types of lighting... As for the eyes!! Oww is so hard to tell but I think you have done an amazing job! The right eye (as we look at it) the pupil in he middle is not quite in the center. which I think is what is making him look a wee bit cross eyed. I dont know how some folks do it but they get em so spot on an perfect I have to repaint mine LOADS...

Yea I think you are right Mark I re did it so many times last night I am looking at him now and not only is it not centered its not round enough either:slap. So I will be fixing this tonight lol

One other thing, if I may. I think you should make the eyes a little bigger. The paint you have done so far is fantastic, and the work on the eyes looked great, but they did seem a tad small.

This pic kinda shows what I mean...

DSCF0416.jpg

Good stuff, AndreTK421!

Try a little wash to bring out the minute details in the skin.

Hey, Unsung, I've never seen that pic! Wonderful paint-up there!

Since we're sharing....

P3200146.jpg

Wow all these Emperor repaints look amazing! I'm too scared to try my hand at repainting my Emperor figure but with how great all these look, I just may have too!

I think I am going to do what Customikey Said Im going to hit him with a wash to bring out the details. And yes fix the weird eye for sure lol I was going kinda off the Sideshow full scale bust I liked the way it looked. Anyway I will be working on him a while longer.

Back