My GI Joe Customs/Bashes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trebor

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey,

Awhile back I posted my Destro custom to go with my Sideshow GI Joe collection. I thought it was cool, until Elvis appeared and upped the bar(so to speak)!

Being a fan of Mando's and Elvis's work, I go back to the drawing board with Destro. Also, I am still learning a lot from everyone as they create great looking customs(Ski and King have some seriously cool looking Fireflys)! Well, heres what I've done.

First try at Destro
picture.php

My new and improved Destro
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Well, that's my new and improved Destro. I used ideas from Elvis(a lot!), Nam(necklace), and some guy on another website that used a DCD Martian Manhunter as Destro.

Thanks,
Rob

Here's my Scrap Iron completed too.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

More to come. Although, I am not all that fast at doing customs.

Looks great! Is that a Jack Krauser head I see on Scrap Iron? I thought that would make a good head for him, but I'm not a big Scrap Iron fan. So I used mine on a Major Bludd. But it doesn't look quite right so I'm working on a new head for him.

Destro is a million times improved! WOW!

Honestly Tebor, I THINK these look pretty damn good, especially Destro.... But the pics are so dark and blurry! I can't even really see the figs.... New pics?

I will try, I got a new camera. It's not the camera, it's me. I can't take a decent picture. :lol

Looks great! Is that a Jack Krauser head I see on Scrap Iron? I thought that would make a good head for him, but I'm not a big Scrap Iron fan. So I used mine on a Major Bludd. But it doesn't look quite right so I'm working on a new head for him.

Destro is a million times improved! WOW!

Yep, the Krauser head is on scrap and the Krauser body is on Destro. Major Bludd is one of my favorites. I am working on one right now, but I am having trouble with the armor. I used a BBi head or Dragon head(I don't remember), I'll post some WIP.

Thank you both!

Cool. Yeah, that Krauser head is perfect for Scrap Iron. If I was a bigger Scrap Iron fan, I'd use it. I still might if I get bored. But yours looks fantastic.

Major Bludd is a bit tricky. I was able to get the parts needed for the outfit and everything, is has just been a good head that has been hard to find for me. I went with the robotic arm look though. I know there is still a debate whether he has one or just armor on the arm because of the rocket gun. But to me, three fingers suggests robot arm.

Cool. Yeah, that Krauser head is perfect for Scrap Iron. If I was a bigger Scrap Iron fan, I'd use it. I still might if I get bored. But yours looks fantastic.

Major Bludd is a bit tricky. I was able to get the parts needed for the outfit and everything, is has just been a good head that has been hard to find for me. I went with the robotic arm look though. I know there is still a debate whether he has one or just armor on the arm because of the rocket gun. But to me, three fingers suggests robot arm.

If you get something that looks good for his arm LMK! I've been looking but I keeping coming up with nothing that looks good.

I'm using Sideshow's robotic Anakin arm. I had to sand some of the Prometheus body's elbow joint down a bit for it to fit (you could sand the arm too I suppose) and it works just fine. And the nice thing is I can still swap on the regular arm should I ever want to.

dsc01481t.jpg

Again, I'm not real happy with the Krauser head (more of that it doesn't fit the helmet than anything. And I need to work on the patch's strap too (thin it down) and maybe add a few things here and there.

THat is a great looking Destro.
Much better than the first one.
I'm honored that you used mine as a reference.
Keep up the great work!

I'm using Sideshow's robotic Anakin arm. I had to sand some of the Prometheus body's elbow joint down a bit for it to fit (you could sand the arm too I suppose) and it works just fine. And the nice thing is I can still swap on the regular arm should I ever want to.

Again, I'm not real happy with the Krauser head (more of that it doesn't fit the helmet than anything. And I need to work on the patch's strap too (thin it down) and maybe add a few things here and there.

Bludd looks good using the Krauser head. I was thinking about it, but chickened out(because I didn't want to sculpt over it).

THat is a great looking Destro.
Much better than the first one.
I'm honored that you used mine as a reference.
Keep up the great work!

I learn from the master... :bow

BM,

Here's my WIP Bludd.

I used a BBi or Dragon head and sculpted on patch, sideburns and the 'stache. I went for bushier...I tried thin, but preference I guess.
picture.php

I battle damaged his helmet, but I am sort of looking for some armor that will work. I still need to finish...
picture.php

That head looks really good for Major Bludd. And the stache looks good too! The helmet looks too big though it does look great. Just too big. I pulled out the Hasbro 25th Anniversary figures and Bludd actually seems to have the same helmet as Cobra Troopers. That is why I went with the Corba Trooper helmet on mine.

2nd Destro looks great. Others are too dark to tell. I like the sculpt you chose for Bludd, but that helmet is way to comical big.

FYI, Toy Anxiety has Cobra Trooper helmets, or they did yesterday. You can grab one of those and paint it black?

BTW, love the Major Blood aside from the rather big helmet! :rock The sculpt it perfect!

That head looks really good for Major Bludd. And the stache looks good too! The helmet looks too big though it does look great. Just too big. I pulled out the Hasbro 25th Anniversary figures and Bludd actually seems to have the same helmet as Cobra Troopers. That is why I went with the Corba Trooper helmet on mine.

2nd Destro looks great. Others are too dark to tell. I like the sculpt you chose for Bludd, but that helmet is way to comical big.

FYI, Toy Anxiety has Cobra Trooper helmets, or they did yesterday. You can grab one of those and paint it black?

BTW, love the Major Blood aside from the rather big helmet! :rock The sculpt it perfect!

Thanks Guys! I really appreciate the constructive help. Sometimes you get too close and can't see what's so obvious. As soon as Evil said "comical", I laughed and thought of "Darth or Dark Helmet" from Spaceballs.

Flosi and Buttmunch, I grabbed a helmet from TA yesterday thinking that. I may just go with a sculpted helmet. :dunno

Sick looking Destro!!!! Awesome!!

Thanks!

I'll try to put up pics of Tunnelrat tonight.

His helmet is actually blue in the cartoon. Though he did have the silver armor instead of the black there. But there are some options because of that. I'm still debating whether to keep mine blue or paint it black. I'll probably wait until I end up with a head I like enough to keep as Major Bludd first though.

trebor, the custom helmet looked fantastic shape wise, it was just too big is all. Its hard to custom make something like that though. It needs to be small enough to look right, but big enough it isn't just paper thin when you work on it and it doesn't stay together. Very fine line there I think. But yeah, that is what other eyes are for. I've gotten more than a little feedback on the Destro I was working on. I couldn't do anything right to make Nam or Evil happy :lol I think it eventually became tolerable as it was Resolute Destro, and Resolute is OK.

Buttmunch,
I think I may just try sculpting a solid helmet directly on the Major. It may not come off, but maybe it'll be more in scale? The enormous helmet was sculpted on top to round it out, and it was a cheap one.

Well, here is my first crack at a Joe. I saw Mando's and Elvis's 'Rat and used(stole):lol some of their ideas.

Tunnelrat
picture.php

Nam had a good point. Why would he carry such a big gun if he goes into small areas? To make it even more ridiculous, the 3/4 had a huge scope on it! So I had to do it too...:lol
picture.php

Cowboy boots...
picture.php

Apparently, the sheer will of his thigh muscles keeps his knife up.
picture.php

I also weathered him up a little too and smudged the face and arm paint a bit to make him look like he's had it on awhile.
picture.php

I am stumped on Bludd, and probably work on a Firefly next...

Back