Muhammad Ali vs Bruce Lee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muhammad Ali vs Bruce Lee

• Total voters
:goodpost: :exactly:

It was essentially a derivative of Wing Chun, except with less restraint, and pure focus on just taking down your enemy. Ali would have been creamed.

His other technique was talking smack, and racists comments :lol

He was never a good person, far from being a role model. He had Frazier funding him money and making sure he could get his license back and would turn around taunting him him filthy names. Frazier hated him until his death.

JKD was all about being able to attack and defend no matter what style or technique. No wasted movement, and all about giving you the advantage. Such as, having you're stronger fist and leg closer to your opponent so there is less travel to the target. He was a fighting genius.

I wouldn't say that, most people actually have brain cells that are working from the poll results. :lol

Keep in mind that this is an MMA fight, so Muhammad Ali is not necessarily going to rely solely on boxing techniques.

Yup, with this knowledge alone, this match would most likely end with an armbar by Bruce. I don't see any knockouts taking place, but Bruce actually manuvering better on the ground. Even though he would be outweighed quite a bit, a black man from Kentucky could barely pronounce jiujitsu let alone practice it.

Bruce Lee is dead and Muhammad Ali is as physically opposing as Marty McFly.

If they were both in their prime, versus me? I'd just shoot em. Screaming like a banshee throwing kicks and moving like "water" or fancy "butterfly" moves with oven mitts ain't going to overcome a bullet.

500full.jpg

Bruce Lee is dead and Muhammad Ali is as physically opposing as Marty McFly.

If they were both in their prime, versus me? I'd just shoot em. Screaming like a banshee throwing kicks and moving like "water" or fancy "butterfly" moves with oven mitts ain't going to overcome a bullet.

500full.jpg

:yess: :lol

Since MMA wasn't exactly coined at the time, it doesn't fit the context of this poll, but Bruce Lee did say that he studied Ali's fighting style and in a fight Ali would kill him.

:yess: :lol

Since MMA wasn't exactly coined at the time, it doesn't fit the context of this poll, but Bruce Lee did say that he studied Ali's fighting style and in a fight Ali would kill him.

He said in a boxing ring he would kill him, and he's absolutely right. Bruce wouldn't last a single round.

I rated myself as a martial artist at one time. I studied wing chun for 12 years and was an instructor for 5 of those years. I used to train with street fighters and grapplers and classical Kung fu guys. But the guys I learned the most from were the boxers, because those were the fighters I underestimated. I had my arse handed to me on a few occasions because I thought my speed and kicking would lend an obvious advantage... we weren't mucking about, either. Turns out it was my ability to grapple that mattered most.

Lee was a complete fighter, but I don't think it's as clear cut as a lot of people think. I said in the other thread that I'd give Lee a 55:45 chance over Ali. 60:40 at a stretch.

I rated myself as a martial artist at one time. I studied wing chun for 12 years and was an instructor for 5 of those years. I used to train with street fighters and grapplers and classical Kung fu guys. But the guys I learned the most from were the boxers, because those were the fighters I underestimated. I had my arse handed to me on a few occasions because I thought my speed and kicking would lend an obvious advantage... we weren't mucking about, either. Turns out it was my ability to grapple that mattered most.

Lee was a complete fighter, but I don't think it's as clear cut as a lot of people think. I said in the other thread that I'd give Lee a 55:45 chance over Ali. 60:40 at a stretch.

Yup, you're absolutely right. In my honest opinion, wrestlers conquer all for the most part. Now of course there are the very few exceptions, but an average wrestler can beat outstanding martial artists without breaking a sweat.

Absolutely all joking aside, I think a professional wrestler beats both of them hands down. I can see Hulk Hogan (Thunderlips) in his prime destroying both of them.

Yup, you're absolutely right. In my honest opinion, wrestlers conquer all for the most part. Now of course there are the very few exceptions, but an average wrestler can beat outstanding martial artists without breaking a sweat.

Just a nitpick, but the term "martial artist" includes both "wrestler" and "boxer." I think the distinction you intended to make was "grappler" versus "striker." :lecture

Absolutely all joking aside, I think a professional wrestler beats both of them hands down. I can see Hulk Hogan (Thunderlips) in his prime destroying both of them.

Except Hulk Hogan is a showman, not a fighter. Kurt Angle, on the other hand....

Just a nitpick, but the term "martial artist" includes both "wrestler" and "boxer." I think the distinction you intended to make was "grappler" versus "striker." :lecture

True. For some reason, wrestlers don't ever consider themselves martial artists, but they are. The best in my opinion. I'm mostly a boxer. Have been boxing forever. I consider myself a half decent wrestler, but facing an actual wrestler who is programmed is quite a hill to climb. The only reason I can get by is because I know leverage but that only takes me so far before I'm flat on my back like a hooker in the red light district.

And Hogan is not just a showman. Hogan can actually wrestle. Kurt Angle no question, but Hogan can actually wrestle. He's done exhibitions all around the world. Hogan is an outstanding wrestler. Vince made him put on the Hulkamania gimmick.

:monkey2 I hate to be the one to have to break this to you...
Spoiler Spoiler:

What the hell you talkin about!?!?!?!

Your Hulk Hogan beating Ali in his prime statement. I was guessing you were actually joking. (Or you just have a huge Hogan *** folder) :horror

Maybe him and the Rock could tag team against Ali and Bruce Lee :lol

index.php

Your Hulk Hogan beating Ali in his prime statement. I was guessing you were actually joking. (Or you just have a huge Hogan *** folder) :horror

Hogan is seriously a great grappler. He's trained in amateur wrestling as well. While he was in Japan, he also trained in some Judo and Jiujitsu. Don't let the big boot and leg drop fool you lol.

And what do you mean wrestling is fake. That was my question ;)

Hogan is seriously a great grappler. He's trained in amateur wrestling as well. While he was in Japan, he also trained in some Judo and Jiujitsu. Don't let the big boot and leg drop fool you lol.

And what do you mean wrestling is fake. That was my question ;)

I know, when I found out I was all like...
patrick_zps7f5a862b.gif

Back