Mount Doom Frodo & Sam Dio Want/Ordered List

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mount Doom Frodo & Sam Dio Want List

i know if i end up not being able to get it i'll try to work out getting it to someone who missed out. they'd just have to pay the extra shipping cost BUT i'm going to do everything i can inorder to be able to keep this one

Yep, I feel the same way. I woud love to help somebody here out who needs one if I have to cancel.

I am one of those who wanted one so much who didn't get it.

So what is this post all about if all who ordered already got it? Even if someone cancel, it doesn't mean that I will defnitely get one. Though I will really appreciate any help given..

Yikes.. 3 have all ready sold on ebay for $160, $170 and $180 and 4 more are listed with high BIN's.. I guess they shouldn't have said the edition size before the sale. Darn scalpers. :)

Yikes.. 3 have all ready sold on ebay for $160, $170 and $180 and 4 more are listed with high BIN's.. I guess they shouldn't have said the edition size before the sale. Darn scalpers. :)

Really, that much already. And I assume those are all SDCC pick-up's, so at a minimum someone just made a quick $60.

Really, that much already. And I assume those are all SDCC pick-up's, so at a minimum someone just made a quick $60.

You must not sell much on eBay ;). After paying listing fees, final value fees, and PayPal fees, someone selling one of these on eBay using a Buy-It-Now price of $170, with free shipping (as one of the closed auctions did) would make at most $39, and possibly (probably) less, depending on the actual cost to ship the dio to the new buyer. And, of course, that doesn't include the cost of attending SDCC.

To me, that would hardly seem worth the effort.

You must not sell much on eBay ;). After paying listing fees, final value fees, and PayPal fees, someone selling one of these on eBay using a Buy-It-Now price of $170, with free shipping (as one of the closed auctions did) would make at most $39, and possibly (probably) less, depending on the actual cost to ship the dio to the new buyer. And, of course, that doesn't include the cost of attending SDCC.

To me, that would hardly seem worth the effort.

That's what I was thinking when I saw the prices that they had. BIN on things at that price run about 10%, plus listing fees, plus paypal fees. And to ship it for NOTHING? :duh

Not worth it for around $20.

funny, I searched on Ebay for completed auctions too and thought that some prices were way too cheap to even be worth all that's involved.

You must not sell much on eBay ;).

Actually I've never sold anything on eBay and yet to sell any statue at all by any means.

So I guess they are just doing it for a little bit of spending money and one assumes they live near the con.

Just think, if they knew about this forum, someone here that missed out would by it and save them most of those fee's.

Back