Mount Doom Dio Order Times

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they overbook Ts the way airlines overbook flights because they know that there will be a certain number of cancellations?

not nessicarily. i ended up with two of a limit one excl. without them canceling once. i felt bad and was going to cancel it but i decided just to see if it would go through and it did. so there is a loop hole out there unless they are now aware of it and eliminated it. that was for the excl. 1/6" faramir and seeing how he came back on second and even third chance i didn't feel too bad but i won't do it again.

So it seems it can happen by a few means. I guess as long as its for someone else, etc then its not so bad. Would just be very rude for someone to get 2 while someone else that really wanted one to miss out.

:lol As far as I can see there are 4 of us on the board from the UK who are confirmed getting one (5 if you take into account WoS is getting two somehow :tap) :rock :rock

I'm wondering how many Aussies got one, I'm starting to think I maybe the only one. Which would be cool, the only person in Australia to own one :chew

And while I couldn't match the 14sec order time, considering the distance away I am, I think I did pretty well...

If nothing else, I now know I can match it with anyone in the world when it comes to super fast PPO's, as long as I want to stay up till 2.30am.

I'm wondering how many Aussies got one, I'm starting to think I maybe the only one. Which would be cool, the only person in Australia to own one :chew

And while I couldn't match the 14sec order time, considering the distance away I am, I think I did pretty well...

If nothing else, I now know I can match it with anyone in the world when it comes to super fast PPO's, as long as I want to stay up till 2.30am.

Almost Guru... I live down under also... sorry to spoil your glory, maybe they'll only be the two of us with them :D

I have taken part in many PPO's and usually find things work quite well for me, got a Stealth Iron Man amongst others. I think it helps most of the sane folks down here are asleep at 2.30am... Mrs thinks I'm :duh for getting up so early, probably I am :wacky

O'well, pretty sure I can live with being 1 of 2... now the real test will be to see who gets the lower number. Be hell funny if they process the Aussie orders together and we get consecutive numbers.

And you maybe right, stuff all internet traffic at that time (all the sane ppl are asleep), so we have a pretty free direct pipe right into the SS servers.

Almost Guru... I live down under also... sorry to spoil your glory, maybe they'll only be the two of us with them :D

I have taken part in many PPO's and usually find things work quite well for me, got a Stealth Iron Man amongst others. I think it helps most of the sane folks down here are asleep at 2.30am... Mrs thinks I'm :duh for getting up so early, probably I am :wacky

Xerxes could you please post you order time :)

And I too want to know what Tom's super speed secret is! And I want to know NOW!

:tap

I think I just got lucky. But I did hit refresh at about 9:59:58, and I had my password typed out and copied so that a quick CTRL+V sped up my login, and with a pretty good idea of where the clicks would be on screen, and a cooperative Internet connection--BAM! Fourteen second order.

(But with my luck, I will probably get the #300 I wanted with Leonidas...)

(But with my luck, I will probably get the #300 I wanted with Leonidas...)

:lol

What, you don't think the number 300 is SIGNIFICANT in relation to LOTR??

Don't you know that this moment on the slopes of Mount Doom took place on the 300th day of Frodo's journey from Bag End??

BTW, do you use Firefox? If so, you should try Sxipper. It does a great job of managing login/password info, and can speed up login time significantly. Of course, it didn't help he much THIS time (I sat looking at a blank screen waiting for my order confirmation for about 20 seconds)! :lol

I'm UK based and had an order convert at 0.57 seconds past 10.am (PT).
The page refreshes every 20 seconds so if it starts at 09.59.50, you won't see it untill 10.00.10.
10 seconds down so be aware next time all, well I can't say non USA collectors given all the time zones!!!! But.... Be AWARE!!!

Oh, and yes, I got one (cheesy grin)

Back