Mother's Basement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This pic was in the facebook group :lol

na4ugeba.jpg

You were able to log on? All I get is the message.

I seriously belive they will be many miles away at the moment, probably on a nice beach somewhere.

They must of been aware of this thread, and possibly others. Instead of coming to places like to defend their practices and put customers minds at ease they were probably busy stashing all their assets and booking a nice long holiday.

You were able to log on? All I get is the message.

I seriously belive they will be many miles away at the moment, probably on a nice beach somewhere.

They must of been aware of this thread, and possibly others. Instead of coming to places like to defend their practices and put customers minds at ease they were probably busy stashing all their assets and booking a nice long holiday.

https://mothersbasement.co.uk/customer/account/login/

In all fairness coming to defend themselves would be futile and in a sense dig their hole deeper. There will be no reasoning with people if they owe them money and the owed are as mad as hell.

I am sorry to hear about any one losing there business but a lot more so for the customers who lose any money.And the more I read about this the worse it get no Sympathy at all a lot of people are out of pocket and they say o the bank will pay you ?

You still feel sorry for someone losing their business when they blatantly lie to customers, insult them, carry on taking their money then run?
I know I bloody don't!

Great article on Bleeding Cool about the closure and Kate & Liam's "Business practices" : https://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/04/mothers-basement-closes-owing-thousands/

If they were honest about what was happening, I could have sympathy, but I can't see (looking back) how they didn't see this coming. In which case they have intentionally taken payments for items that they cannot provide.

This sort of attitude being displayed it's ridiculous, I don't know what was said to encourage this voicemail, but there should still be an amount of professionalsim displayed

I am shocked at how a company such as Mothers Basement have been allowed to get away with this!!! Are there no repercussions for them other than running away with probably thousands of collectors money??? Really hope all those who have money pending due to this situation can get things resolved as soon as possible.

For all those on the fence ordering the QS001 from forbiddenplanet.com

I got my shipping notice today for my order placed yesterday so there in stock and shipping

£390 shipped within the UK

How Mothers Basement could do this to collectors is inexcusable. Hope everyone is able to retrieve their money.

I've placed an Order Hot Toys Iron Patriot and Mark 42 in June 19. I've paid in full via Credit Card. Big mistake...Rookie Mistake. My total loss is 439 £. I will contact my credit card provider if i can get a refund...

Ahh man, what is the total at now then? All this money people handed to them makes you wonder how on Earth they went out of business...

:exactly: Screams fraud!
Claiming financial difficulty while holding thousands of pounds of customers money...
I mean, WTF?!

Yeah, I didn't want to be the one to say it but it does seem that way. I hope somebody is held accountable for this and that everybody gets their money back! :thwak

For all those on the fence ordering the QS001 from forbiddenplanet.com

I got my shipping notice today for my order placed yesterday so there in stock and shipping

£390 shipped within the UK

My retailer of choice now. Ordered from them before never had issues. Don't confuse them with the .co.uk site which isn't as good

Ahh man, what is the total at now then? All this money people handed to them makes you wonder how on Earth they went out of business...

No one knows what happened, while I agree they should have been upfront I don't know of any company that would admit to financial problems. Every other company that has gone into administration in the past kept trading right up to the very end. It would always be business as usual until forced into administration, plus unless a company had given up admitting to financial difficulties would damage the company and only help in a decline they may have being trying to turning around.

Don't get me wrong I am staying neutral in this I only wanted to share another possibility, other than over Christmas they traded quite well, and other than the extreme delay I had getting the first item with them, I did get it, was wrapped well. I certainly would share the anger directed at them had I lost money, but until we know the facts.....

Last edited:
Back