Mother's Basement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if i should log with Action Fraud, my pre-order items were placed from June to January

The suspicious activity started around November, so technically I don't know if I've been 'frauded'

Should I log it with the anyway?

I've made my complaint on Action Fraud. Hopefully we get our Money back. Also i've contacted my bank about getting a refund. I'm waiting news from both.

I'm not sure if i should log with Action Fraud, my pre-order items were placed from June to January

The suspicious activity started around November, so technically I don't know if I've been 'frauded'

Should I log it with the anyway?

If you think you are going to get your items from MB, then don't bother complaining.
If you think they have stolen your money and have NO intention of sending the stuff you paid for, then phone up.

If you think you are going to get your items from MB, then don't bother complaining.
If you think they have stolen your money and have NO intention of sending the stuff you paid for, then phone up.

That's a fair way of putting it

I was reading on that FB page that they haven't officially gone into administration either, essentially they've just packed up and gone, so yeah, tehy are frauding me I guess

Sorry to hear all the bad things that have happened to people about MB.

Thankfully I never had any dealings with this mob, See the article: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/04/mothers-basement-closes-owing-thousands/

The video at the bottom of the page is a rant from one of the owners of MB, going on about how he is losing everything etc. Now Idk his situation exactly but it has nothing to do with his loyal customers that he is going under and to leave an abusive message like that, when they have obviously been lying through their teeth to their customers for weeks is a disgrace.

I hope trading standards or someone get wind of this.

Just managed to get on FB. Liam sounds like a nice bloke...NOT!
Nice to know it's all about him and his family. He's responsible for this situation, no one else.

Would seem he (allegedly) has a history of suspected dubious practices and failed businesses.

Just managed to get on FB. Liam sounds like a nice bloke...NOT!
Nice to know it's all about him and his family. He's responsible for this situation, no one else.

Would seem he (allegedly) has a history of suspected dubious practices and failed businesses.

Yeah,
Once a shyster always a shyster. No ones fault but his own. He is probably the kind of person who thinks its always someone else's fault but not his own.

We just need to be careful that they don't resurface again under another name. Although I doubt it will still be in collectibles...

So do you think this was the intention from the start or the outcome of poor business practices and a last ditch effort to grab themselves some cash?

It seems like a very elaborate plan to get to this end game if this was always the objective.

If anyone turns up here in the UK and has multiples of HT and the like, we need to be very wary.
Although, at least one of them will be facing jail time i reckon.
The Action Fraud lady i talked to said they were dealing with more than 200 fraud complaints so far tonight, and that was about three hours ago.

So do you think this was the intention from the start or the outcome of poor business practices and a last ditch effort to grab themselves some cash?

It seems like a very elaborate plan to get to this end game if this was always the objective.

No, my bet is he is just a lousy business man, doesn't do his balance sheets at the end of the month and hey presto the company goes t!ts up.

For all those on the fence ordering the QS001 from forbiddenplanet.com

I got my shipping notice today for my order placed yesterday so there in stock and shipping

£390 shipped within the UK

I havent got a shipping notice yet from Fp.com but my card is charged :gah: Not again...:slap

Ok panic over...but I will chase them if a shipping email hasnt gone through tomorrow lol

Frank when did you order out of interest as my order went in at midnight Sunday???

I havent got a shipping notice yet from Fp.com but my card is charged :gah: Not again...:slap

Ok panic over...but I will chase them if a shipping email hasnt gone through tomorrow lol

Frank when did you order out of interest as my order went in at midnight Sunday???

I'd call them up man, I ordered yesterday around noon.

You should have had an email already

I'd call them up man, I ordered yesterday around noon.

You should have had an email already

Dammit now we know where Liam and Kate have moved on to... Fp customer services... Nooooooooooooollllllll JOKING ASIDE I will give a ring in the morning

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Makes me wonder whether they actually employed anyone?
Everyone either had dealings with Liam or Kate, no one else has ever been mentioned.
Would explain the slow despatch process :dunno

Back