Mother's Basement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did these other companies promise people their items were being despatched over and over again for months?
Did they offer discounts to get more orders while not being able to cope with the backlog they already had?
Did they insult customers, waiting their orders/money, on social media sites?

Point was we do not know the full facts yet, I am sure we will in time.

No we don't, and they would possibly have had some sympathy from me had they been a bit more up front about the fact that they were struggling,or, if that was not possible (they may well have been advised not to) at least shut the company down earlier rather than all the lies around Xmas time about getting customers their orders sent out (and continuing to request money for items they were unable to supply)

However, they would have lost that morsel of sympathy the minute that they took to Facebook to accuse people of slander (which should have actually been libel - had it not been true and accurate) and called their rightly worried customers morons, flies and keyboard warriors.

Goodbye, and good riddance to a couple of chancers.

They liked to say 'We are collectors ourselves'.
Bet they've never encountered a business as corrupt and shoddy as the one they set up.

I was actually worried a few weeks back when older HT items went up for sale. Things like the IM2 MKIV, MKI, older TT figures, etc.
It made me think they were selling off their own collectibles.
I should have posted my thoughts rather than just ignoring it.
But i suppose we all knew the writing was on the wall for a company who was on the slippery slope.

No we don't, and they would possibly have had some sympathy from me had they been a bit more up front about the fact that they were struggling,or, if that was not possible (they may well have been advised not to) at least shut the company down earlier rather than all the lies around Xmas time about getting customers their orders sent out (and continuing to request money for items they were unable to supply)

However, they would have lost that morsel of sympathy the minute that they took to Facebook to accuse people of slander (which should have actually been libel - had it not been true and accurate) and called their rightly worried customers morons, flies and keyboard warriors.

Goodbye, and good riddance to a couple of chancers.

I can agree with the Facebook comments they were unprofessional, but the other actions are what most companies have done before administration. Game before it went under were still taking pre-order deposits for games, for them it was business as usual up until the end. I can not remember 100% but their customers had to claim back from the administrators not sure how successful they were. I am going to wait until the full facts emerge, if they do before I place judgement on them.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying people should not be angry I am merely offering another view point. I reiterate that my sympathies are with those who have lost out.

I just watched the video of the voicemail that they left for that dude, bunch of ****ing idiots who had no clue how to set up a business in the first place turned crooks.

Yeh we get it El-Vi, you're reserving judgement until you get the full facts.
Good luck with that.
I'd like to see your change of tune if they had £1,400 of yours!

Good luck with that.

'I certainly would share the anger directed at them had I lost money' quote from El-Vi

I think he agrees with you there Col, no harm in his being impartial though

Good luck with that.

A couple of weeks was all their was from me being in a similar boat, with money owed to me. What i don't agree with is what I am seeing on that Facebook group, visit their address, calling their personal numbers, this needs to be dealt with legally and by the authorities if foul play is indeed involved. Getting so worked up serves no purpose and if people visit their address and call them on their personal phones its most likely going to involve a visit from the police to those that do, and that would only makes things worse. I highly recommend anyone with lost money to pursue any legal means to try to get it back, contacting trading standards etc, so an investigation into this can take place, depending on the banks also see if they can assist in this.

If you are under the impression I was unsympathetic I am sorry, I am always on the side of the consumer.

'I certainly would share the anger directed at them had I lost money' quote from El-Vi

I think he agrees with you there Col, no harm in his being impartial though

That's the word I was looking for impartial. Thank you. It is all I am trying to be, it should not be assumed I am on MB side because I am exploring other possibilities that go against the current mood of the majority. If it is found they have screwed people over intentionally however then my stance shall change pretty rapidly.

There is still hope with charge backs, there is still time.

"Time limit There is a time limit on chargeback claims - typically 120 days - which starts from the day you become aware of a problem. There is also an overall cut off point of 540 days for Visa chargeback. Therefore, your deadline for requesting a chargeback is 120 days from discovering you have a problem, or 540 days from the transaction date, whichever comes first."

So at present it has been only one day since the problem and just under a year and a half from the transaction date to claim it back. If any banks give grief about it speak to a supervisor as that's the rule.

Last edited:
Fair enough. I'm imagining the people who have lost money reading your 'impartial' stance.
I wasn't aware what was being said on FB as I steer well clear. I would never condone such behaviour.

To me it's pretty clear that MB played the customer and are now playing the system.

Good luck to everyone unfortunate enought to get dragged into this dire situation.

Last edited:
I just spent a good hour reading this thread and I am so sorry to hear how many of you got screwed by these D-bags. Just remember, Karma is a ***** and it will catch up to these two. I know that does not help get you all your money back, but its some consolation. Good luck to everyone with this.

It's heating up on the FB page. Some guy has found a way for burned customers to start logging their transaction details with fraud investigators and Staffordshire police. MB are screwed big time.

Just desserts if you ask me. As I said nobody, especially not a trading company should be as cowardly as to shut all communications down and fob it off on the customers to get their own money back via the bank

I've seen other companies who have had to refund money for the inability to deliver goods do it professionally and honestly, and guess what - the customers were sympathetic to the cause and the best is done out of a bad situation

For all those on the fence ordering the QS001 from forbiddenplanet.com

I got my shipping notice today for my order placed yesterday so there in stock and shipping

£390 shipped within the UK

Good for you Frank, Minimodel Shop have shipped mine too, so should be here tomorrow. Shame about the price (£500) , but there ya go! :slap

It's heating up on the FB page. Some guy has found a way for burned customers to start logging their transaction details with fraud investigators and Staffordshire police. MB are screwed big time.

I would follow the advise the guy posted on the FB page so an investigation can begin.

Though their page has gone? Can you link?

Okay. I have logged my details with Action Fraud UK.
It's red flagged and they have had about 200 calls so far from people who were swindled.

Back