Mother's Basement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm £289 down! Phoned bank and paypal clutching at straws really I know I won't see a penny of it. Not the best introduction to this hobby this was my first new statue and I get stung for the best part of £300 can't really afford any more than one or two pieces a year and that's one gone!! On the plus side they have had my money that long I won't notice a difference. Lesson learnt I think!!!!! :sick

To be honest I think this may seriously be a Police issue, They can not go into administration as a limited company as they have been classed as limited less then 1 month, also when there is an adminstration notice the company that is doing it has to identify themselfs so creditors and customers can log details. Their is not admin company, its a legit legal notice but from nobody official. its like me putting up on a notice on here after accepting cash for a trade, it holds no legal standing and if i were to do that then it would be considdered a fraud. It may be worth thinking about that also if all the 1/6 threads are to be believed the lady who owns/owned this site is an ex-police fraud officer ?

If the Paypal Dispute process fails you may be able to make a claim through the Chargeback scheme, as long as you can show that you used your card to buy the disputed goods through PayPal.

However as there is no legal obligation to return your money, the outcome will rest on the decision of your card provider

Read more: https://www.money.co.uk/article/100...-how-to-get-your-money-back.htm#ixzz2sHB1vB1s

Seems like a long shot but I'm going to give it a try, my only option as I'm well over the 45 days paypal gives you. As I never have credit in my paypal account I can at least show it went in and out for what I'm claiming for. Loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg shot!

If the Paypal Dispute process fails you may be able to make a claim through the Chargeback scheme, as long as you can show that you used your card to buy the disputed goods through PayPal.

However as there is no legal obligation to return your money, the outcome will rest on the decision of your card provider

Read more: https://www.money.co.uk/article/100...-how-to-get-your-money-back.htm#ixzz2sHB1vB1s

Seems like a long shot but I'm going to give it a try, my only option as I'm well over the 45 days paypal gives you. As I never have credit in my paypal account I can at least show it went in and out for what I'm claiming for. Loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg shot!

Go for it, nothing to lose than what you've already lost.

If that's the case though, surely when all the banks start investigating them due to all the charge backs they have to action, they will either find out if they really have been forced to cease trading and action each individual charge back however they have to do it

If not the bank will have to come back and say that those are restrictions they are putting on themselves and the bank can't issue the charge back because they aren't that far down the ****ter yet, if I'm understanding what you wrote correctly of course

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about you guys. hope you get you money back. It was a really odd situation

Truly shocked by this, I thought they were alright. Shame to see them turn to this. I had a couple of things on pre-order. I've started a dispute to hopefully get my money back so fingers crossed and good luck to everyone. Best thing we can do, as a community is unite and offer support to ensure that everyone who has suffered a (no doubt) great financial loss gets it back.

Surely they will have already purchased a number of items of the pre-order figures from Amerang, what will happen to these paid for (by them) goods?

I hope all you guys and gals get sorted out with your money that MB owe you, fingers crossed.

Like I said in the past I have only ever bought from them once (DX13) and he arrived hassle free and I have no pre-orders with them but it is a shame to lose another retailer.

The question now I have to myself is they must have known this was coming, and they seemed to inflate a lot of their figures prices over the last few weeks.

Also Jokes &Bats, can you give me this weeks lottery numbers pal?

Haha :)

I didn't want to be correct for the sake of all the great people on here who have pre-orders :(

The problem for me now (apart from getting money back) is that I still want to buy the j scott campbell statues, but I'm worried about getting stung

Forbidden Planet has them but they take full payment, now I don't know what to do as if I wait to release, you know I'll be paying more

FP.co.uk has charged me in the past but FP.com never has until in stock. Also FP.co.uk has customer feedback up there with mothers basement....panic

Anyway think summarising. Credit cards are covered by clear chargeback policies and section 75 go the 1974 credit act.

Debit cards/paypal used as an intermediary for CC payment IS NOT.

Best wishes and good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guys here is an insider tip , sometimes even when chargebacks are declined or refused we (I.e. the bank ) still issue the customer a credit to maintain relationship if we feel the customer has genuine claim. I have personally approved many of these. It is what we call a retention method as well. Read into that as you see fit ;)

For all those worrying about their site, I tried earlier and while you could add something to your cart, if you tried to go through with the checkout it wouldn't let you.

Which is all moot anyway as their site has been reduced to rubble now, there's nothing left on it.

Well this is all very sad, I'll never understand how people can screw other people over like this and sleep at night. Why weren't new orders terminated months ago, they must have known this was coming. I'm glad I didn't buy anything through them now... I very nearly did.

Fortunately I took screenshots of my incart items before the site was taken down. My bank seem very understanding about it. At 22 and a student I can't afford to see over £500 down the drain.

Well scratch the chargeback idea (for me anyway) it seems my payment was a direct debit through paypal not a card payment so I have no cover whatsoever, from bank or paypal. The lesson I have learnt is pay by credit card and never in full until the last possible moment, Protection with the credit card and with the paypal time limits it's wise to wait until the last possible moment. Expensive lesson but a lesson nevertheless.

Not so much the money that I've lost that bugs me as much as the 10% discounts etc etc they were plugging grabbing more money when they knew this was coming! there again I'm sure they could just claim it was a last ditch attempt to save the business, however the way they have lead me on for the past few months I have no sympathy whatsoever, I just hope they get what they deserve.

Well I finally got to speak to my bank and they're sending me the relevant claim forms. I've got to send them all the e-mail correspondence so hopefully that will hold me in good stead. I don't think I've ever seen such a blatant case of fraud. They weren't very smart about it to say the least.

I lost £135, paid up full for a ArtFX Superman and i put £40 down for a PF Commander Cody. Paid with my money in my PP account so i guess i am totally screwed.

:gah: How and when did you pay?

Anyone know the total of lost money FB is up to?

Paid in august. And just sat still for their "It'll be delayed slightly" bull**** excuses.
Bank says they sent payment to paypal. Paypal says "It's outside the 45 day period".
So i have lost £550.
No way to get it back.
But the bank guy AND the Paypal guy says their phones are ringing off the hook with people like me regarding MB. They never gave me details or anything, but both the PP guy and the bank guy, the last four or five calls they had taken were about MB.

Back