Mother's Basement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Dracula , Ring your card company dont email, you should be covered by your credit card, there will be an online form they can send you and this should be resolved if it was on a credit card very quick

Gonna call them again and tell them this is urgent, no time to wait for them to process my mail. Needs to be done right now. Online form? Do you know anything more about this form? Is it from VISA or the bank?

I suppose I can tell my story as I wanted to give them the benefit of doubt, I traded my Talon PF with Kate back in June last year the value been £650 my intention was to pick a couple of statues, however I decided to go with a hulk maquette and some cash left over for a later date, the hulk never appeared, it was always in stock, then damaged, or then waiting for supplier. So I decided tot cancel and order Vader, Boba Mythos plus Malgus PF with money going to them to cover the extra. So now we get to December and all orders are in but they don't ship out, so in new year I phone them and they have to check where my stuff is, I give them 2 days or full refund, 4 days later Vader and Malgus turn up, boba expected in Feb!! Even though they'd said he'd been delivered in December to them. I got an immediate refund as I'd seen one in FP and I didn't think he'd be around too long. Luckily my echeque from term cleared last week.
To me these people need taking to task, it seems to me, their prices were too low looking at other suppliers and they were never going to be able to compete,I hope everyone gets their money back.

To me these people need taking to task, it seems to me, their prices were too low looking at other suppliers and they were never going to be able to compete,I hope everyone gets their money back.[/QUOTE]

no is going to get a penny back from them unfortunately, only course of action is credit card / debit card protection. even then if they used paypal it will be a fight.
for those of us who used bank balance and paypal over 45 days ago our money is long gone.
mine was august last year so i'll never see that money again

i think the problem was they bit off more than they can chew.. it seems like there is only two of them, i assume there is more but it wasn't a massive operation from the looks of it, nowhere near the likes of Sideshow or even Forbidden Planet (which makes me think are they next.. it's seemed like that for a long time to me)

But the site gave the impression they were big, which i think is what they wanted - a lot of people knew of them, even my mum knew them as she'd seen their adverts plastered on the net etc so they obviously could bring the orders in.

They were clearly horrible people from the start though as any self-respecting person would come clean and take it like a man (or woman) not close all social media accounts and then just disappear, with everyone's money i might add.

@Dracula I had an issue via ebay last year with a very simular situation and the guy from the card company offered to send it by email but I pushed explaining that the card company would be the one losing out and he completed with me over the phone. I had my money in 1 week. Just keep pushing, you are protected under the credit act as your payment was over 100 pounds. If you want any more info the Govenment run UK Money Advise service work in my building, I could get some advice from them if you wish (they owe me a favour)

@Dracula I had an issue via ebay last year with a very simular situation and the guy from the card company offered to send it by email but I pushed explaining that the card company would be the one losing out and he completed with me over the phone. I had my money in 1 week. Just keep pushing, you are protected under the credit act as your payment was over 100 pounds. If you want any more info the Govenment run UK Money Advise service work in my building, I could get some advice from them if you wish (they owe me a favour)

I live in Sweden, but thank you for the help. I contacted my bank once again and they told me it doesn't matter how much time pass. It won't affect the chargeback, they said. They also said it could be a bit complicated getting my money back since I paid via paypal, and paypal did nothing wrong. But I told the bank that paypal told me, that they (the bank) could do a chargeback. Paypal can't do it. Either way, getting my money back doesn't seem that easy and I already see this as a loss. Getting my money back will be a pain in the ***.

about 20 mins ago I put a post on a facebook group im in asking how much people had lost, ten people have replied so far and the total lost is £1844
with the largest amount by one person being £380
so far......

Add Dracula's £1373 to the number.

I live in Sweden, but thank you for the help. I contacted my bank once again and they told me it doesn't matter how much time pass. It won't affect the chargeback, they said. They also said it could be a bit complicated getting my money back since I paid via paypal, and paypal did nothing wrong. But I told the bank that paypal told me, that they (the bank) could do a chargeback. Paypal can't do it. Either way, getting my money back doesn't seem that easy and I already see this as a loss. Getting my money back will be a pain in the ***.

Sorry to hear that it will be that hard, I hope it works out for everyone involved. Not a good day for our community :-/

not a good day at all.. not a good day for the UK retail either, seems like Forbidden Planet is the only major player left now - obviously we have others like CDUK, OSB, ToyHQ but losing another one is never good, and Mothers Basement was fairly well known, having been at conventions etc..

I wonder what will happen to the stock now, if they had any left could be the question but when ModelZone went under from what i heard it was like vultures picking the dead body.

I wonder what will happen to the stock now, if they had any left could be the question but when ModelZone went under from what i heard it was like vultures picking the dead body.

meanwhile there are customers out of pocket. they should be given goods to the value that they have lost to cover them

meanwhile there are customers out of pocket. they should be given goods to the value that they have lost to cover them

I agree, if money can't be given back they should use the stock they have as a way of trying to make up but all that will be in the hands of the creditors now and they will sell it all to try and make back any money to pay off debts and the like.

I agree, if money can't be given back they should use the stock they have as a way of trying to make up but all that will be in the hands of the creditors now and they will sell it all to try and make back any money to pay off debts and the like.

Aye, it's a blue sky ideal outcome but it would never happen, shame

Just spoken to my money advice person at work and they pointment in the direction of these details for charge back (can be used on debit cards etc)

When can chargeback be used?
Chargeback can be used in cases of goods not arriving, arriving damaged, arriving not as described, or where the merchant has ceased trading.

You can ask your card provider to try to claw back the money you paid or part of it using our template letter to make a chargeback claim.

If, for example, you ordered two items but only one arrived, you can ask for the money back on the item you didn't receive. But you can't claim back the cost of fixing a faulty item.

Chargeback doesn't mean there is joint liability on the card company. Claims must be addressed to the bank that provides your debit or credit card, which in turn will put in a request to the merchant's bank.

As a result, you could get your money back from the merchant's bank if the money is there to be recovered.

But, there are no guarantees your bank will be able to recover the money through chargeback, or that the trader will accept that you were justified in taking the money back.

The trader could argue that you're in breach of contract for not paying.

Conditions of chargeback
The main requirement for getting your money back through chargeback is evidence that there's been a breach of contract.

Time limit There is a time limit on chargeback claims - typically 120 days - which starts from the day you become aware of a problem. There is also an overall cut off point of 540 days for Visa chargeback. Therefore, your deadline for requesting a chargeback is 120 days from discovering you have a problem, or 540 days from the transaction date, whichever comes first.

Shop/online purchase In the case of tangible goods that you've purchased from a high street shop or an online retailer, the time limit on chargeback would start from the day you receive your items.

Flight purchase In the case of an airline going bust after you've booked a flight, the breach of contract would be from the day the flight was due to depart. However, if an airline had told you at an earlier date that the flight would not be going ahead, the breach of contract that allows for chargeback would not apply.

Template chargeback letter

[Your address]

[Debit/ Credit card company address]

Dear [customer services manager's name],

Claim under Visa Chargeback Scheme rules –

I am writing to you in connection with the purchase of [insert details] on [date] from [details of seller]. I enclose the following documentation which provides details of the transaction:

[List documents e.g. invoices, receipts, details of estimated delivery dates that you are submitting with the Chargeback claim.]

I paid for [insert details] using my [insert supplier name] [debit] [credit] card.

The total cost of [insert details] was [£xx].

In breach of contract [insert details of the problem – see our guide to Chargeback for details of what can and can't be claimed using Chargeback].

The transaction for the purchase of [insert details] was less than 120 days ago and accordingly, I am writing to request a refund of the above amounts under the Chargeback Scheme rules.

I look forward to your prompt response.

Yours sincerely,

The message on the website said that creditors will be notified individually ( so there were more than one ) by the 17th . If I was a creditor I wouldn't wait and will on be on their case immediately. Given the Inputs so far it is highly unlikely they would have left anything of substantial value on the business premises for creditors or the courts to seize. The going LLC move shows intent in my books and if they had that in my mind then all the expensive stuff ( if they had it ) is either sitting at home or in private storage to be sold at a later date.

In my line of work I deal with Criminals / Fraudsters all the time so I'm going by experience. I hope I'm giving them more credit than deserved and they commit amature mistakes.
Having said that , has their account here been blocked ? Maybe a mod can block and retrieve PMs for records. You never know what you can find ( another tip from work - people don't cover up their tracks well . I have found a lot of evidence in emails that people forgot to delete or thought they deleted )

I bet they resurface in a few months time under a different name. I can see that happening, I'm almost certain it will.

well if they do good luck to them as they are going to be well and truly slaughtered. surely no one has the ***** to come back after this, oh wait…

Oh well at least it won't take them long to clear out their stockroom considering they had no stock...

I'm so mad

I paid the deposit via Paypal for 1/4 Batman in July and for some silly silly reason i paid the rest of the off the first week of August via Debit Card (the first and last figure i ever pay off early)

Spoke with my bank this morning and they are sending me a form out to fill in. I have to print off the holding page of them saying they have had to close, my order number and the delivery and billing address, basically anything relating to that company and my order

They told me I'm not covered under section 75 because it's a debit card but i might still be able to get some money back depending on the liquidation

Back