Mother's Basement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you hear back soon buddy.
They seem keen on not replying though so you might be in for a wait ;)

If it helps Collectibles Direct still have him for Pre-order but the dates slipped right back to March with them.

Neil

EDIT - Their Ebay listing shows in stock as well...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kotobuki...nFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item4d179f04cb

Pretty sucky that they are advertising them on ebay and they haven't even shipped mine out, mine should have been out the door as soon as they received stock really. I hate the fact that someone could order theirs today on ebay and have it before me having paid 3 months ago....

Pretty sucky that they are advertising them on ebay and they haven't even shipped mine out, mine should have been out the door as soon as they received stock really. I hate the fact that someone could order theirs today on ebay and have it before me having paid 3 months ago....

Yep that's the thing on Ebay it clearly states get it by Friday 24th & if they don't fulfil that then Ebay can have a go can't they??
Yet you who's money they've had accruing interest since November just have to wait & without a word of explanation either.

I have no idea how they are still going.

After this episode, I doubt many serious collectors will use them just under the pretense there are much better retailers who are just as deserving and actually pull their finger out for their customers instead of just taking about doing so. An apology means nothing if all it is used for is to tell lies

The refund situation is a joke and I'm glad it's not me because I would be pissed. You don't want the product for whatever reason, it's in your right which they allow so they should process a refund when you ask for it. Common practice within a business

This is what you expect from poor single person sellers, not retailers

Frank, have they sent your batman yet? I'm still waiting on mine. I 'e-mailed them last Thursday and again last night, but they're now giving me the silent treatment.

I'm not surprised there is a thread like this about MB. I've felt like creating a thread like this as well for some time but just didn't have the energy and time to do it until I came here instead finding this.

My experience with MB has been mixed. My pre-order of Loki arrived without issues to my door. They answer e-mails and messages, how fast is another thing. Sometimes the same day, the next day or sometimes they don't answer because they've missed the e-mail, but sending the e-mail again or reminding them on facebook usually works. They are always polite and haven't found them to be rude.

I was surprised about them calling people morons on their FB and also about how much **** they were getting from a well known retailer like OneSixthBruce. OSB were like literally mocking MB in several FB posts a while ago.. afraid of competition? Well, maybe this is just what competition is. They are fighting for their own brand and MB are defending theirs. Nothing of what has been said from either part is going to stop me from buying from either one of them.

But for now, I'm on hold on pre-ordering anything more from MB. I've paid for all of my pre-orders in full and this has made me quite nervous with the talks about them ripping people off by not giving refunds and that they might end up out of business. But I think the refund thing is just an issue with them being very busy, I hope.

I did swap my Batman 1/4 PO for Thor TDW and Terminator DX13 last month because the damn thing never came in stock plus I already got it from HK back in September so the long wait was not worth it from MB.

But now the DX13 is delayed like 4 weeks. I remember mailing them back in December and they told me it was in stock and shipping soon. I just contacted them today and they told me they're gonna ship it by the end of the week. Together with Tony Stark IM3 WS.. talk about delays.

Then they told me they were going to ship the figures together but I did pay for shipping them individually, the cost of sending one figure is the same as sending two. So I asked them for a refund since they were going to do combined shipping. They tell me they are gonna have to use the most economical shipping method and that they can refund the shipping cost in power points. I'm trying to tell them right now on FB I want my money, real money but they aren't answering..

The only reason why I bought from them is because the power points made the items cheaper compared to other retailers, or so it seemed. I've come to the conclusion now after much calculation, that it's actually not. Since you won't be gaining any power points on the order you use points on and because I as an international customer must pay 20 in shipping above the "free shipping" price within UK, so that means I pay both the UK shipping price and the international shipping price. I've just been having a bad headache from the power points system, the points not registering or orders not showing up. Having to prove to MB how much points I actually have, several times.. that was really awful. Felt like I had to struggle with them for what was actually mine.

The points system doesn't work because for both us buyers and the seller it means more work. Why not simply charge a lower price and skip the power points thing? That would leave more time to ship out products on time.. which by the way, if they have so much orders not being shipped, how do they have time to post so much to their blog about games, movies etc? I don't get it. It feels like their priority right now should be 100% on getting delayed orders dispatched. I feel like paying 5 extra pounds to another retailer is kinda worth it now. But it's a shame OSB takes such an incredibly high amount for EU shipping, £35. Otherwise they would be getting more of my business.

Anyway, like I said. No more PO's from MB until I see some results. And if I don't get my refund on the shipping costs I think I might actually start cancelling figures. I have about 6 or 7 figures PO'd already paid for in full (not counting Tony Stark and DX13). If they want to struggle to keep 19.99 from me which are mine then I'll just take my business elsewhere.

Frank, have they sent your batman yet? I'm still waiting on mine. I 'e-mailed them last Thursday and again last night, but they're now giving me the silent treatment.

Nope nothing yet. I read somewhere someone had called up and someone said that they were hoping to be caught up by the end of this week, so if by Monday next week there's still no news I'll be making a call

Also i heard it was best to call if you want a quick answer, just an fyi

Nope nothing yet. I read somewhere someone had called up and someone said that they were hoping to be caught up by the end of this week, so if by Monday next week there's still no news I'll be making a call

In future, I won't be paying for any P-Os upfront, that's for sure! I'm waiting on a Scar Predator and the 1/4 Batman too. Hoping to hear something this week...

Thanks for coming back to me Frank. The problem is I'm at work and unable to call them during their hours of business. To be fair they've been pretty good at responding to e-mails. Not that I've gotten anywhere obviously. But the last I heard was two weeks ago, and they've failed to respond to my last two e-mails. I'm at my wits end to be honest. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but the more time wears on the more I feel like they're not going to deliver. It's just an utterly mental situation.

I was considering a refund but they keep the deposit so I'm just gonna have to wait it out

And id probably have to wait as long as the figure being sent out in the end

Just noticed they're selling a lot of items on eBay. What the hell is that all about?

Set up a website, spend what must be a fortune on advertising...sell on eBay! :pow

What the hell is that all about?

Normal business practice?

There's nothing wrong with doing that, you'd be pretty foolish not to. There's a whole group of people who shop mainly on ebay for this sort of stuff and you're going to what?, ignore that large volume of customer's just because you have a website?

MB seems to have many flaws in their business but that isn't one of them.

There's nothing wrong with doing that, you'd be pretty foolish not to. There's a whole group of people who shop mainly on ebay for this sort of stuff and you're going to what?, ignore that large volume of customer's just because you have a website?

So pay to have a huge advert for their site every time I go on eBay and pay eBay 10% to sell on there?
Ok...W/E.
Can understand companies having clearance items on there but their standard catalogue?

Now you see the bit that bother me about the Ebay store is the sheer number of people still waiting on stock to be delivered that they have already bought & paid for in full yet on Ebay they guarantee delivery by set dates.
Now what's to say they aren't selling stock that should be allocated to another customer?
And if they have time to complete Ebay transactions & ship them why not orders that have been there since well before Christmas?

Surely their priority should be shop orders first & Ebay once they have allocated all shop orders & left over stock should go there.

Neil

So pay to have a huge advert for their site every time I go on eBay and pay eBay 10% to sell on there?
Ok...W/E.
Can understand companies having clearance items on there but their standard catalogue?

I very much doubt that they pay ebay to advertise, those will be google ads which ebay do show. Google show those ads on relevant websites that sign up to google ads and MB will pay when anyone clicks through the link. Thise ads are everywhere as you have probably noticed, just coincidentally on eBay as well. It's all pretty normal for online advertising.

As for having an ebay page for selling, that's just common sense. collectiblesdirect.co.uk have the same, discontoys.com have the same. This is not unusual behavour Col.

Neil - I couldn't agree with you more.

I think you're just arguing for the sake of it.

CDUK currently have 188 items for sale on ebay, at a quick glance it looks like most things that are in stock. They have Hot Toys figures that were only released a month ago, are these the clearance/hard to shift items you refer to?

And you know it's google advertising and it isn't free. Ok so what exactly is your point then. If you know how google ads work, your original argument makes no sense. You said they were paying to have a huge advert on Ebay, they aren't are they? they're paying for clicks on sites that show google ads, one of which just happens to be eBay.

Back