Mother's Basement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arguing for the sake of it? You want to read your own comments.
Paying eBay, paying Google what difference does it make? They're paying to advertise on various websites.
Where did I say they payed eBay for their adverts?

I didn't realise Lee had that many listings, I've only ever seen less popular items on his account.

Anyway... :wave

It makes all the difference in the world in respect of your argument, which was why pay to advertise on ebay and then pay ebay 10% to sell.

They have google ads, they pay for any that are clicked, out of the hundreds of websites that show those ads one of them is ebay. So they aren't paying to advertise on ebay. I'm not sure if you just don't understand how google ads work or you're trolling to have the last say.

Like what I am (this isn't true, just getting it in before you do).

No they don't.

You don't understand it, it's clear now, I can't educate you further so I will retire from this conversation. Have a good day.

I assume most shops have Ebay outlets these days I know Zavvi do for example as it does help them have an extra source for people who don't always go direct.

I would certainly expect Lee @ CDUK to have one it just makes good business sense the difference I think between CDUK & MB using them though is that I'm pretty sure that Lee will have ensured all his paid orders from the site are shipped first & any that are left over / cancelled are then sent over to the Ebay outlet as well as shown on site.

Whereas I know for sure that at least one person is waiting for a Superman statue that's listed as in stock on the site & up BIN on Ebay for exactly the same price (which makes no sense as once Ebay & PP take their cut surely they lose money on it??) & with Guaranteed delivery on it.
But his order through the site & paid for in November has not changed to shipped or had a reply to his email chasing it.

That's what's wrong with their Ebay outlet.
You could assume it would be overstock & that would be fine IF people waiting for theirs had received it already.

Neil

I ended up messaging them through ebay and got a reply, never replied to my message through the website.

We are going through the backlog or pre orders so your should be out with you before the end of the week I hope. Or maybe early next week. We have many orders and they take a while to trawl through.

These have just come in this morning.

If you do need any further assistance please feel free to contact me direct on email if you wish or give us a quick call.

Thanks and hope this helps.

So they only apparently got them in stock today despite them advertising in stock on ebay a few days ago.

I find it strange that they offer the same price on ebay as they do on their website, usually you add 10% on to the price to cover the ebay fees like CDUK do then you advertise the fact that you have a website with the order and your prices are much cheaper so any future orders are straight through the website.

Hmm. I'm hoping that doesn't happen otherwise i'd be in some serious ****! Good news, people are reporting receiving their 89 Batmobile today...

I spoke to them in November and they said they had the 89 Batmobile in stock then - people are only just receiving them for the first time now?

Received my Malgus PF and Vader Mythos eventually today, both in excellent condition. I have mixed feelings about MB on the one hand they seem genuinely nice people unfortunately constant blaming of suppliers and excuse after excuse started to wear thin, yes I got the statues at a very reasonable price but Malgus came out 5 months ago and the wait ahas been a nightmare purely in the fact that if he was damaged then I don't think I'd have got a replacement. I've had to cancel my Boba Mythos with them because they said it could be February if at all, luckily I'm sourcing one from elsewhere with the help of a friend. All I would say is if you are prepared to take a risk on pre orders and want it for a cheaper price and a long wait then MBis for you, personally I won't order from them unless it's definitely in stock.

I spoke to them in November and they said they had the 89 Batmobile in stock then - people are only just receiving them for the first time now?

I got mine yesterday and another boardie got his tuesday. I wont be using MB again in the future that was far too stressful.

Unfortunately MB has stopped answering my messages on Facebook for two days straight ever since I demanded that refund they owe me. Their last message was telling me their working hours (after working hours, lol) and that they would "check it out" the day after. Which was yesterday. :slap

Maybe they're reading this thread and wants to treat me as what they see as a moron.

Unfortunately MB has stopped answering my messages on Facebook for two days straight ever since I demanded that refund they owe me. Their last message was telling me their working hours (after working hours, lol) and that they would "check it out" the day after. Which was yesterday. :slap

Maybe they're reading this thread and wants to treat me as what they see as a moron.
Your best bet is to phone them mate it's the only way I'm afraid, I did it and was paid within two days.

I phoned them on Monday for a refund, they said it'd be sorted then and nothing happened. They emailed me yesterday and said they'd do it then and guess what? Still no refund!

They're the most absolutely worst company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. I'd never order from them again and nor would I recommend anyone else to buy from them. Just terrible.

Well after e-mailing them four times over the past week I finally got a reply yesterday. The reply was a stock apology for the delay, but no indication was given as to exactly when they might be shipping my order to me. "Soon" was as close as they got. Bearing in mind they've had the said item in stock for coming up to six weeks!? I would have been happy if they'd said "we guarantee we will ship your item by the 7th of Feb" or something. At least I'd know instead of being left hanging like a plum!

Back